Cruise Critic Community
Maplemoose

Dining Perk with A La Carte

I understand the process with specialty dining restaurants with a cover charge but how does it work with a la carte. What are my limits? 

one appetizer, one entree, one desert unlimited sides

48 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

I understand the process with specialty dining restaurants with a cover charge but how does it work with a la carte. What are my limits? 

Multiple Appetizers, One Entree, Multiple Desserts.

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I actually pushed the issue on the Gem in May..... I printed out a copy of the T&Cs and we were at La Cucina and I ordered a second entree..... they said "no" but I pointed out to the Maitre D that the only restriction was at Cagney's and Le Bistro and there were no other restrictions stated for any other restaurant.  I ended up getting the second entree but did get a side-eye glare when he walked away. 

"Specialty Dining Packages include one main course per person at Cagney's and Le Bistro restaurants. Additional main courses will be charged at the a la carte price listed on the menu." 

I think the wait staff gets confused due to the restrictions with the Platinum Dinners. It really does need to be straightened out/more training provided or something b/c this is constantly being posted here. 

The only restrictions are for Cagneys and Le Bistro and only related to the Entrees, if an additonal Entre is ordered there is a charge when you have the Specialty Dining Package which is unrelated to the Platinum Perk dinners. 

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes, but for Platinum dinners it's one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert only.

Unlimited sides, apps, and desserts. The terms specify that there is an extra charge for a 2nd entree in some restaurants. There are no other limits. Occasionally you'll have a server confused by this, but the vast, vast majority of people here report no issues.

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Do people really order more than one starter and dessert? Is this why there are so many overweight passengers?

Just now, JOHNHOWARTH2 said:

Do people really order more than one starter and dessert? Is this why there are so many overweight passengers?

A lot of the portions are tiny.

1 hour ago, JOHNHOWARTH2 said:

For example, some people want 6 shrimp cocktail instead of 3, or perhaps a salad and a tiny appetizer.  It's hardly the downfall of society.

5 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

For example, some people want 6 shrimp cocktail instead of 3, or perhaps a salad and a tiny appetizer.  It's hardly the downfall of society.

Maybe not but greed is no excuse

3 hours ago, JOHNHOWARTH2 said:

Maybe not but greed is no excuse

I realize you are across the pond, but I'm sure you could still hear my gigantic eye roll.

Does anyone know how the dining package works with Wasabi on the Epic in particular?  Is there an upcharge and then it's all-you-can-eat sushi?  Or do you get a specific amount of sushi with the package?  Or is that restaurant not an option at all?

Thanks!!

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, weloveamerica said:

I do not think sushi bar is included in the package.

https://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq

Yes, the sushi bar is included. There used to be a $7 upcharge per person plus the gratuity, but I don't know if that has changed.

Edited by LrgPizza

30 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

https://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq

Yes, the sushi bar is included. There used to be a $7 upcharge per person plus the gratuity, but I don't know if that has changed.

Sorry I stand corrected, its not shown under dining package, however as indicated above it is listed under terms and faq's.