Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
lorimay

Summit Celebrity Suite - No Veranda?

Looking at the current deck plans for the Celebrity suites on the Summit it looks like they have balconies. But we were in a Celebrity Suite (on the hump) way back when the Summit was new and I would swear we did not have a balcony. I can't remember what year it was, but we cruised on Summit in Alaska. I remember sitting in the window watching the scenery on the Inside Passage. What year did they reconfigure the cabins - or am I living an alternate reality? Thanks!

They added balconies a few years ago to all the Celebrity Suites on the M class ships.  Don't remember the exact year but we had one in 2015 on our Canada/New England cruise.

We had a very tiny balcony on sister ship infinity earlier this year was not at all impressed with that celebrity suite it was 6104.

M-Class Celebrity Suites all have balconies - here is a photo from Constellation #6106 - from 2016

DSC_0971-600x400.jpg

12 hours ago, George C said:

We had a very tiny balcony on sister ship infinity earlier this year was not at all impressed with that celebrity suite it was 6104.

Guess "tiny" is a relative thing; 6104's balcony is more than twice the size of the balcony for a standard verandah cabin.

9 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Guess "tiny" is a relative thing; 6104's balcony is more than twice the size of the balcony for a standard verandah cabin.

It is tiny for a suite celebrity suites , I believe this suite cost twice or so more than normal balcony balcony. I love celebrity suite perks but some of there suites are not as nice as other lines. 

Yes balconies on all CS's on M Class.    I love the suite and even loved it prior to them adding the balconies.   The Balcony wraps around the curved glass but  is narrow.   Large enough for a dining table  chairs  and a foot stools. 

40737301-BCCB-4088-B508-5A07AF3AFAA5.thumb.jpeg.9370171ee54fbfb572b7ca223baaacde.jpeg

slightly distorted as I was using pano.   

Edited by Jim_Iain

I was talking to my husband about this and he too remembers that there was no balcony. I'm sure at the time I chose that suite because my kids were little and I had a deathly fear of them falling overboard. But I remember loving the suite and would love it even more now with a balcony. My parents had the adjoining CS  and it was very convenient. And this was the days before all the suite perks there are now. All we got was a lunch and some afternoon canapes. The butler service wasn't much. Some day I will try it again! Thanks for confirming that at one point there was NOT a balcony!

On 6/25/2019 at 11:34 AM, George C said:

It is an add-on balcony so it is long and narrow to fit with the existing lines of the ship.  But twice as long as traditional balcony cabins.

Thanks so much for posting those pictures!  Here I was beginning to worry!  But hey, who am I to complain about a narrow balcony? I would consider myself a spoiled brat to be disappointed by any balcony.  Glad to hear you guys loved the suite.   We are sailing Summit in February and can't wait!   San Juan to Southern Carib!

2 hours ago, CruisinRoxy said:

Thanks so much for posting those pictures!  Here I was beginning to worry!  But hey, who am I to complain about a narrow balcony? 

That narrow balcony is actually an advantage because you get sweeping expansive unobstructed views.  We had a lounger, a large dining table, 3 chairs and a footrest out on our balcony the last time we had one.

With deep balconies you get deep dividers that cut off your views to both sides when looking out from the cabin, or even from the back of your balcony.

In the CS on the M-class ships, you can sit in comfort in your living room looking out and enjoy those wonderful views, which are much better than the views from the RS living rooms.

It is perfect for hot or cold weather cruises.

(Just hope they have not removed the comfortable, padded armchairs from the living rooms -- or if they have, that they will put them back.)

The only thing we disliked about those CS suites was the bathtub.

We were hoping they would replace them with the "revolution" but apparently not.

Edited by varoo

15 hours ago, varoo said:

That narrow balcony is actually an advantage because you get sweeping expansive unobstructed views.  We had a lounger, a large dining table, 3 chairs and a footrest out on our balcony the last time we had one.

With deep balconies you get deep dividers that cut off your views to both sides when looking out from the cabin, or even from the back of your balcony.

In the CS on the M-class ships, you can sit in comfort in your living room looking out and enjoy those wonderful views, which are much better than the views from the RS living rooms.

It is perfect for hot or cold weather cruises.

(Just hope they have not removed the comfortable, padded armchairs from the living rooms -- or if they have, that they will put them back.)

The only thing we disliked about those CS suites was the bathtub.

We were hoping they would replace them with the "revolution" but apparently not.

This is a good point.  We sailed on Infinity in a CS through the Panama Canal.  It was extremely hot and humid outside.  We stayed inside the suite in the AC and still saw everything because of the floor to ceiling windows and we were able to hear the narration from the guide from our TV.  Nice way to go!