Current laundry turn around time and price?

What is the general turn around time on laundry now?    The reason I ask is I am trying to pack as little as possible limiting myself to a "carry on" which I will check and my backpack which I will wear on board.    I know I am going to need to send laundry out at least once and was curious to the turn around time.  Also, what is the current rate per bag of laundry?  

TIA  :)     

Edited by ryano

21 minutes ago, ryano said:

What is the general turn around time on laundry now?    The reason I ask is I am trying to pack as little as possible limiting myself to a "carry on" which I will check and my backpack which I will wear on board.    I know I am going to need to send laundry out at least once and was curious to the turn around time.  Also, what is the current rate per bag of laundry?  

TIA  🙂   

Speak to your stateroom attendant before you turn in the clothes.  I've found that the turnaround time can vary between ships.  One time the flat rate bag took 3 days to get back, which was considered normal on that ship.

Current non-discounted rate for the wash & fold bag is $35.

16 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

That is so sad.  To think I got it for FREE on Celebrity.  How big is the bag, Bob?

2 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

How big is the bag, Bob?

Its not a very big bag at all and i have no idea what it is made out of now but I think I recall (its been almost 4 years since last RC cruise) it being a paper bag that would tear easily if you tried to overstuff it.   This is ONE area where Im gonna miss the self serve laundry on Carnival ships.   Some people say "I would NEVER do laundry on vacation" and I get that but it really gave me something to do for an hour or so on sea days.

23 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Speak to your stateroom attendant before you turn in the clothes.  I've found that the turnaround time can vary between ships.  One time the flat rate bag took 3 days to get back, which was considered normal on that ship.

Thanks!   It was 30.00 on my last RC cruise I think.   I was expecting it to be more since everything else has went up in $$$ LOL! 

For any kind of laundry bag it depends on the ship, time of day, and when your cabin attendant actually gives it to them.

Fortunately I've not seen a paper Wash and Fold bag since (many years) we have been using them it's always been plastic.  I would hate to see it changed to paper and have our unmentionables spilling out in the corridor.

We always tell our cabin attendant on the first day.   Please leave a wash and fold on the first day it's available.  Ask first before you use the paper bag already in the room.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snit13 said:

That is so sad.  To think I got it for FREE on Celebrity.  How big is the bag, Bob?

Free on Celebrity makes you Elite status, right? If so, you will be Diamond on Royal. Still not free but you do get a discount. 

Last cruise we used the laundry service it was the same bag as shown above.  I was able to put several pair of shorts, several t-shirts, and several other items into that bag.  I rolled them military style.  Everything we'd worn up to that point fit into that bag.  It came back the next day, folded neatly, and the stateroom attendant laughed when he brought the stuff back to us because he said he'd never seen anyone fit so many things in that little plastic bag.  😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sherri914 said:

Last cruise we used the laundry service it was the same bag as shown above.  I was able to put several pair of shorts, several t-shirts, and several other items into that bag.  I rolled them military style.  Everything we'd worn up to that point fit into that bag.  It came back the next day, folded neatly, and the stateroom attendant laughed when he brought the stuff back to us because he said he'd never seen anyone fit so many things in that little plastic bag.  😂

Excellent!  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blackshirt said:

Free on Celebrity makes you Elite status, right? If so, you will be Diamond on Royal. Still not free but you do get a discount. 

Actually Elite+ on Celebrity.  Was Diamond on my first Royal cruise and got all 3 pins when we boarded.  Don't even know where the pin are.

How long do they take to press only. Also, although we're Diamond we are also in a Sky Class suite. Does that make a difference in price as well? On Holland America press only was free for suite guests and took a day to get things back.

5 minutes ago, maxxboy said:

How long do they take to press only. Also, although we're Diamond we are also in a Sky Class suite. Does that make a difference in price as well? On Holland America press only was free for suite guests and took a day to get things back.

One day turnaround is normal for regular (not the flat rate bag) service.

1 minute ago, Judyrem said:

Any ideas how to get wrinkles out on a cruise ship with no iron or steamer allowed in a cabin?

Does Wrinkle release spray work?  I have not cruised in 16 years, yikes!

We've had good luck with Downy Wrinkle Releaser.  Also, sometimes all we need to do is hang the garment in the bathroom when we take a shower.

• Like 1

I paid $19.99 for the bag shown above two weeks ago on Jewel of the Seas...well worth it for socks & undies; however, nothing was folded...basically stuffed back in the bag the way it was delivered to the laundry department.  That was okay for the socks & undies, but I had a couple of shirts that I had hoped to be able to wear again.  They were a wrinkled mess...clean but definitely not wearable.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

Wouldn't it be easier, and less of a hassle, paying $50.00 for a checked bag on the airline, than risking your clothes being washed in hot water on the ship for $35.00?  I think the $15.00 would be well spent. 

When you are B2B or on the longer cruises it is sometimes necessary to send some clothes to be washed in the hot water.  I learned my lesson when I sent a new pair of slacks that came back looking like pj bottoms.  Only send socks, undies, pj's and t's as they can't really cause major damage.  Had a new golf shirt ruined too but Celebrity took the shirt and gave me OBC for what I had paid Macy's for the shirt.  I have never sent anything to be laundered on Royal but did it almost every cruise on Celebrity.