Unlimited dining on holiday cruises

I need some clarification on the unlimited dining package in regards to a holiday cruise. We are sailing during Christmas on the Liberty. The unlimited dining package is currently offered as an option but the fine print says it is not valid on holiday cruises so that's a little confusing.

Also, I'm afraid, with the inability to make reservations in advance with the unlimited dining package, that we will not be able to get a table for 8 at Chops on Christmas Eve. I know the unlimited dining package is somewhat new but if someone has experienced this with the ultimate dining package, I would assume it would be similar. Any thoughts? Maybe if we book it as soon as we get on the ship?

The cruise planner says it's not valid on holiday sailings, but it does not define what they consider to be a holiday. We have a cruise the week of Thanksgiving and was originally told on FB that we could use the package every day except for Thanksgiving. I asked why it wasn't discounted then since I can't use it for 20% of the time and they said they would have to look into it further. They came back the next day saying I was able to use it everyday of the sailing, including Thanksgiving. For what it's worth, we used it on Memorial Day which is also a holiday. I think it's just another example of how little effort someone put in when creating the new package and updating the terms and conditions. 

When we sailed on Navigator over Christmas 2017, there were special menus and pricing for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - which may be why the dining packages are not accepted.  IIRC, Giovanni’s was $75 pp on Christmas Eve.  

On Allure last year it was not valid on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at Chops, Giovannis or 150CP as they all had specialty menus with the corresponding inflated pricing. 

It was valid at Samba, Izumi, Hibachi and Sabor which did not have any special menus.

On 6/26/2019 at 3:43 AM, mercedes355 said:

I need some clarification on the unlimited dining package in regards to a holiday cruise. We are sailing during Christmas on the Liberty. The unlimited dining package is currently offered as an option but the fine print says it is not valid on holiday cruises so that's a little confusing.

Also, I'm afraid, with the inability to make reservations in advance with the unlimited dining package, that we will not be able to get a table for 8 at Chops on Christmas Eve. I know the unlimited dining package is somewhat new but if someone has experienced this with the ultimate dining package, I would assume it would be similar. Any thoughts? Maybe if we book it as soon as we get on the ship?

Hi,

We have had the UDP booked for our Xmas 2019 cruise since black Friday sales last year. At the time I called to confirm the package was available to purchase as the T & C state not valid for holiday sailings, RCI representative confirmed that it was an error but they would honour it in this case, the package was removed not long after from the cruise planner.

It has shown up again just recently and I called at this time time to confirm the new changes from ultimate to unlimited, a representative again confirmed it was valid and also stated I could use it on Xmas day at chops or Giovannis , I asked for email confirmation but said they couldn't but would write this in my notes, plus made a specif note about a 7pm booking request for chops on 25th dec. 

I was speaking to my TA and asked him to ask his rep if the UDP could pkd be used for boarding day lunch as I was having difficulty finding info, during this conversation it was confirmed yes and also confirmed the use of the package for holiday sailings and said it could be used on Xmas day but had to wait till boarding to book. She then spoke to her supervisor for clarification and was then told we couldn't use package at chops or Giovannis on xmas eve or day. 

I explained this was contrary to what was previously told to me. Even after listening to their own recoded phone calls and written notes explaining it could be used, the supervisor apologised and said that the T & C state not applicable for Xmas eve, Xmas day, new years day. I asked for a copy of these details and the rep said it was known in house but not available for public viewing... I was quite irritated by this, how can I as a customer purchasing a product be given full disclosure of the T & C if the full T & C are not available for me to read? I again received an apology but told no it is not valid on those days. They offered to compensate me $100 US for my troubles but I explained to them that I actually had paid for 2 days of a package I can't use (port days and Voyager only has 3 restaurants) plus the cost of purchasing the specialty dining for 2 days was now $172 us.

So in fact to actually get the product I originally purchased in good faith, it will cost me $172 us (2 extra days dining) plus a loss of $70 us for 2 days of the package I've paid for and can't utilise.

I have spoken to rci and escalated this to another supervisor who originally said no but after understanding the situation said she would reescalate to the team for review. 

They have agreed to give us obc for the 2 days of package we can't use and the value of Xmas eve and day at todays prices plus $25 US for 2 for the inconvenience. Which is something, however I don't feel is adequate for the time and stress it's taken me to have to fight for something originally promised and rci are still unable to produce terms which state their position. 

We have paid $10200 us for an OS for 9 nights. We always buy the deluxe drink package and dining packages, maybe a shore excursion or 2 and other onboard purchases. A $25 obc is realistically worth $12.50 to rci in real cost and we feel its more of an insult than a realistic offer of compensation, when rci asked us what we wanted we suggested $100 ( this wouldn't even cover the cost of my time I've spent on the phone or sending emails).

This combined with the underwhelming VOS amplification has lead to us to consider cancelling this holiday. I just feel that rci promises one thing and delivers another.

I had to message rci to inform them that currently the VOS web page showed pictures of the skypad as things to do... when infact it was not included as part of the amplification.

We are really dispointed.Screenshot_20190627-105506_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4c0469362674b3513b0439ed72742ed9.jpg

We sailed on Anthem this past Christmas. I kept reading about the buy one, get one free specialty dining promo on these forums and was real excited to get it. Perhaps I missed it but I never saw it in my cruise planner. I assumed it was a holiday restriction