Cruise Critic Community
HelenCG

Parking at Port Everglades

On 6/26/2019 at 9:57 AM, Luvtoeat said:

We always get to the departure city day before the cruise  and book a hotel that lets you park car for the entire cruise all for a special price. Most also include transportation to the ship but you have to find your own transportation back to the hotel. We always drove to the ports especially when we lived in Florida since it's always better to be there a day early.

Which hotel do you stay at?  We like to go the day before and leave our car at  the hotel.

Park n go is leave your keys with them?

2 hours ago, Nymich said:

Yes.  I think they're usually too full to allow the self park option.

We booked Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port back in Feb. for Sept. cruise. Total Price then was  $168.37 which included parking for the cruise, breakfast and 1 way transport to the port. Hard to beat the price considering all that's included. 

21 hours ago, Nymich said:

I am a bit of a worrier... so when my car was new... I snapped a photo of mileage ... just to make sure car was not used... but it was not like I had an expensive luxury car or anything... but at the time it was new.. so I was concerned

3 minutes ago, kearney said:

I am a bit of a worrier... so when my car was new... I snapped a photo of mileage ... just to make sure car was not used... but it was not like I had an expensive luxury car or anything... but at the time it was new.. so I was concerned

I drive a Lexus.  I've used Park 'n Go for years with no problems.

3 hours ago, kearney said:

Thanks for the feedback!

On 6/29/2019 at 3:41 PM, Nymich said:

Every time I used them but once I recall. May depend on when you get there though? They generally have cars leaving as you arrive if you get there early. As spots open they will move your car and park it as well as record the location. I don't recall seeing a lot of cars waiting to be parked though. I've never had a problem.

I haven't had an issue either.... but I couldn't get the scene from Farris Beuller's Day Off with the the Ferrari...out of my mind... of course my car isn't a Ferrari... :)

On 6/30/2019 at 12:19 PM, Luvtoeat said:

We booked Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port back in Feb. for Sept. cruise. Total Price then was  $168.37 which included parking for the cruise, breakfast and 1 way transport to the port. Hard to beat the price considering all that's included. 

Thank you.  I'll check it out.

Here is another recommendation for ParkN fly (www.pnf.com).  I've used them for years.  You park your own car and do not leave keys.  Too much personal information can be found in your car from insurance cards and registration.  The van drivers are helpful and polite.  If you get there a little early, like 11 or 11:30, you probably will get a covered space.

I have used ParkNGO for every FT Lauderdale departure for the past 15 years. Very pleased. It is right outside the entrance to the port and when you return they somehow or other take you directly to your car in their bus. If you book and prepay on line it is even cheaper. 

Agree with Park N Go.  Hubby will not leave his keys so we sometimes have to wait for a few minutes so that he can get into a spot where others (who leave keys) can be parked in front of.  The shuttles are super fast and more convenient, in my opinion, than parking in the garage (which we have used, too).  Plus when you get out of Park N Go you are right on the highway.

Many thanks everyone for the replies, we are really glad we asked. Changed our minds a few times but think we will use park n go.  Be there in 4 and a bit weeks time to sail on the Equinox followed by 6 night stay in Orlando , can't wait!!! 

On 6/27/2019 at 3:24 PM, ipeeinthepool said:

For my money I would always use a parking structure in Florida during hurricane season.  I would park above ground level, facing inside and not on the top level.  It would also keep the car out of the Florida sun during August.  Areas near the port can get flooded if you have the bad luck of a hurricane hitting Florida while your gone.  The Weather Channel always parks in a parking garage for protection.

Enjoy your cruise

For us, the advantages described in the quote above outweigh any additional $$$ spent.  I like the convenience and security the port parking garage provides.

But whatever floats your boat.  When cruisers use off site parking, there's extra empty spaces in the covered and off ground floor garage.

Posted (edited)
On 6/30/2019 at 12:19 PM, Luvtoeat said:

That's precisely what we did too.

It's what we're planning on doing for this cruise as well.

Made it very easy

Edited by miXterOB

On 6/30/2019 at 12:49 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I drive a Lexus.  I've used Park 'n Go for years with no problems.

Park N Go is an excellent place to park. Never had any problems. Always helpful and courteous to the customers. Returning. 99% of the time they are waiting when you exit the customs building. Drop you at your car and will put your luggage in it if you wish. Very inexpensive. Also a discount for veterans. Do not pay on line and pay when you leave with your military ID for the discount. The also give you small bottles of water for each one in your vehicle. The are FREE a nice touch.

On 6/27/2019 at 3:24 PM, ipeeinthepool said:

For my money I would always use a parking structure in Florida during hurricane season.  I would park above ground level, facing inside and not on the top level.  It would also keep the car out of the Florida sun during August.  Areas near the port can get flooded if you have the bad luck of a hurricane hitting Florida while your gone.  The Weather Channel always parks in a parking garage for protection.

Enjoy your cruise

Port Everglades does not have any above ground parking decks.

7 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Park N Go is an excellent place to park. Never had any problems. Always helpful and courteous to the customers. Returning. 99% of the time they are waiting when you exit the customs building. Drop you at your car and will put your luggage in it if you wish. Very inexpensive. Also a discount for veterans. Do not pay on line and pay when you leave with your military ID for the discount. The also give you small bottles of water for each one in your vehicle. The are FREE a nice touch.

Thank you for the tip on military discounts.