Coastal Kitchen

Hi All! Question about Coastal Kitchen. We are thinking about booking a suite on the Anthem. Do the menus change in Coastal Kitchen? I don't know if we would want the same 1 or 2 menus each night. Also, I know food is super subjective, however any opinions would be great. 

The Coastal Kitchen on Anthem is the best. There are at least 7 different menus and the chef and staff are wonderful. They are truly there to serve you. We just spent 14 nights on Anthem and ate there each night.

So,,, like other menus, there are "specials of the night" and "Classic" items that appear every night (examples below). 

The thing that bugs me about the Coastal Kitchen is that it is too casual. Bare tables with walmat placemats make you feel like you are in a cheap diner vs. the suites dining room. 

A59BB576-19E8-4E14-B48B-8887155B8954.jpeg

399A1476-BBD2-4E36-90DD-47967DC41B6C.jpeg

C13F2393-974A-495F-8AFE-A5C7AD547753.thumb.jpeg.6927a4071d8fcfd96dacc8ca2f654f9b.jpeg

LUNCH

34F2DAAE-53B4-49AB-9A6D-02913DCDDADB.jpeg

Breakfast is kinda sad

97E4E7B9-BFBE-4C90-81A1-255CD439E5BF.thumb.jpeg.e8cc7dab07385887b47590a9de650a14.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

Just now, John&LaLa said:

I love breakfast there. 

What is missing 🤔

We're special and expect a menu with more creativity, less 1970's

Competitor's breakfast menu. You get your filet steak and eggs with the seafood over a toast on the side. 

image.png.a7845e944bed2973631cc038f1ec8740.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We're special and expect a menu with more creativity, less 1970's

Competitor's breakfast menu. You get your filet steak and eggs with the seafood over a toast on the side. 

image.png.a7845e944bed2973631cc038f1ec8740.png

Honestly, in my experience,  creativity is only limited by your imagination.  They are a pretty flexible staff

We just spend a week on Ovation and ate CK for breakfast and dinner. Our menu had at least one dish not on the menu shown earlier in the thread - a chorizo flatbread with egg on top. They made a mushroom & spinach flatbread with egg for me as well, and DW pretty much ordered what she wanted without looking at the menu. As John&LaLa pointed out, they are flexible and neve said no to anything DW wanted.

The CK lunch menu had two versions, alternating.

Edited by El Abuelo

21 minutes ago, El Abuelo said:

We just spend a week on Ovation and ate CK for breakfast and dinner. Our menu had at least one dish not on the menu shown earlier in the thread - a chorizo flatbread with egg on top. They made a mushroom & spinach flatbread with egg for me as well, and DW pretty much ordered what she wanted without looking at the menu. As John&LaLa pointed out, they are flexible and neve said no to anything DW wanted.

The CK lunch menu had two versions, alternating.

Chorizo Flatbread used to be on the menu, as well as baja eggs, and frittatas.  This was Oasis.  I guess they weren't popular 

20190625_193145.thumb.jpg.7b6b759b43a5340f02f11df5d0252ae2.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

Part of going to a nice restaurant is exploring well thought out dishes with creative and complimentary combinations. I’m not a professional chef so if they think that mascarpone goes well with French Toast, I’m in. Also I’m not going to ask the chef to whip mascarpone and caramelize bananas for me. I’m with Bird on this one, the CK breakfast menu doesn’t strike me as very creative or elevated.   

9 minutes ago, tomservo said:

Part of going to a nice restaurant is exploring well thought out dishes with creative and complimentary combinations. I’m not a professional chef so if they think that mascarpone goes well with French Toast, I’m in. Also I’m not going to ask the chef to whip mascarpone and caramelize bananas for me. I’m with Bird on this one, the CK breakfast menu doesn’t strike me as very creative or elevated.   

Well, you have not had the poached eggs with toasted farro. 

Divine.  I eat it at least 4 times a week. Rest of week is probably an egg white omelet

BTW, Royals french toast has carmelized bananas standard.

Personally, I prefer maple syrup. 

• Haha 1

Not all the tables have placemats instead of tablecloths.  The wooden tables by the windows that have raised and lower attached seating need placemats because cloths just wouldn’t work because of having attached tables of different heights.    The other tables have white tablecloths.  

We find Coastal to have very nice ambiance but the food can be repetitive.  Like others have said, there is only one breakfast menu and there are only two lunch menus.  When on a 8 night or longer cruise, they repeat the 7 night menus in order. 

Our most recent Coastal experiences were on the Anthem and the Ovation.  I forgot that Oasis class do not have those wooden tables by the windows.  

Edited by CruiseKeeper

• Clarea locked this topic