Cruise Critic Community
JAMESCC

Choice between two cabins on Oasis?

So i have a hold on a Inside promenade room on Oasis for next May. Have to make a decision by June 30th. I have a choice between the inside promenade and Central park interior view. Which would you choose and why? They are both the same price. We had an inside promenade view room on Explorer and we actually loved it. The Central park interior does get actual sunlight, a little but its still sunlight. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great, thanks.

CPV room.  Natural light.  We’ve booked this in the past and have another one booked for Symphony in 2021 

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

CPV room.  Natural light.  We’ve booked this in the past and have another one booked for Symphony in 2021 

We have one for the birthday cruise.

#NSPP

20 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

So i have a hold on a Inside promenade room on Oasis for next May. Have to make a decision by June 30th. I have a choice between the inside promenade and Central park interior view. Which would you choose and why? They are both the same price. We had an inside promenade view room on Explorer and we actually loved it. The Central park interior does get actual sunlight, a little but its still sunlight. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great, thanks.

CP view for the natural light.

Wow this is going a little more towards the CP view than I thought it would. Interesting info guys, thanks. Maybe I'll switch.

Just off Allure.  Promenade is frequently noisy.  Central Park is usually empty.  

So, I have never stayed in either, but I remember a parade on the Adventure in 2002, my DW broke her foot at Carlos and Charlies the night before in Aruba.... so we watched the parade from the elevator area with a view of the promenade.  I noticed a couple dressing for dinner (formal night) and the woman had clearly forgotten to close her promenade view cabin curtains and was in her bra and panties, putting on her makeup.  I was like yeah, don’t book one of those.  

If saving money is important I would do a regular inside.  Between the two choices you have, CP.

JC

Another vote for Central Park balcony. Not too loud but still great lighting and fun to look out of.

4 hours ago, zooma said:

Another vote for Central Park balcony. Not too loud but still great lighting and fun to look out of.

3 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Definitely the Central Park balcony 

OP is talking about view staterooms, not balcony staterooms.  Just a window, no balcony.

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

OP is talking about view staterooms, not balcony staterooms.  Just a window, no balcony.

I know I was just confirming zoomas thoughts regarding a CPB.

But thank you and yes a window would be very acceptable and better than an inside promenade in my humble opinion.

You never know an offer may come up and for a few $$$’s more they may be able if desired upgrade to the CPB.

I know I was just confirming zoomas thoughts regarding a CPB.
But thank you and yes a window would be very acceptable and better than an inside promenade in my humble opinion.
You never know an offer may come up and for a few $$$’s more they may be able if desired upgrade to the CPB.

Yes, I have another thread about missing out on a good deal that lasted about 14 hours, maybe 12. I could have gotten, which is what I wanted, a central park balcony for the same price as the certain park/Promenade cabin. I took my credit card out after work 2 days ago after seeing the price in the morning at work and poof gone when I got home from work credit card in hand.
I'm not paying 3,085 for something that was 2,333 just a few hours earlier. At least not at this time in not.

17 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Yes, I have another thread about missing out on a good deal that lasted about 14 hours, maybe 12. I could have gotten, which is what I wanted, a central park balcony for the same price as the certain park/Promenade cabin. I took my credit card out after work 2 days ago after seeing the price in the morning at work and poof gone when I got home from work credit card in hand.
I'm not paying 3,085 for something that was 2,333 just a few hours earlier. At least not at this time in not.

That’s a shame hopefully it may come back.

Good luck.

That’s a shame hopefully it may come back.
Good luck.
Thanks, I'll keep checking. It's just this year it's a bit tight on money, trying to do this for less money. We are on Anthem in September in a balcony to Bermuda. Next year we need to do a little be cheaper. That why I am kicking myself for being just a bit late on the deal.

5 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Oops -- you're right. No experience with those specific rooms, but I'd imagine the light and noise considerations would be similar. Hope it works out for you, OP!

I think I'm gonna see if the CP view room is open and just book it. It's a good deal I think.

OnwTG4cQAe9d_XaO6VHiPG-s2o03aWMsdsC_ko41

uSHBqFUBluSgrcqgLnsSanYxWwwludg9OcV9Q7dR

I would have no issue with booking a Central Park View cabin again. The view was of a pretty tree, there were no sound issues and the window seat made the cabin seem much larger. 

OnwTG4cQAe9d_XaO6VHiPG-s2o03aWMsdsC_ko41ToqHztUQlaDevRL849JkWVXr-83GBXlqWpXTrnPa6Yl9nGNasT9YAeXwvgxKmcL5LLyl7vi5zUkOTCGwSYWD18KcyFDJ-U0EATUpZ9GSJ4SCcLm6vvUHxZKEa7nVU3fYVinrLozsKLT29gNGelgWIEgtRAcPXM1El27xbPomxxHf3Y-Lj6legXgzyCoXb9xDGR_XDoJWWcvJp3giNZUhqTEma4V7O43u2k3TqWGn0r985jvnZwWuU209pi0oM0V-x0RmuNDrbFGhENHKro6E4JW-DsIfZkzlEF0BZq42KYWzRasPToaxkiKk4qWTdzRezaTRfH44sZeDK9dlz9bfhIp_vFIuLaLhjvWJoS6PGeMVb0ljRYAUydahcHJyGXTUKNsuhcEKuBpB7S6TLwVcocqXCrodVpKD34_EsWLY39eI41UOXrrBEJ8PzgnZKXH-9yyeC561TJEvffVAVVGSkJLnVYCm5npS-zVtC6SZ3z7ZNMIxzZ_ooTWP7OM5_KUYYb3yuTAnMMyf0J76lmMcmS1JYh42UAUCPWQXBK6yNuhNvp5Hugtr2fJLPtgJFjz3fP50K553o2Q3XoNLPx4mJM47r2g3IHUUO7-nS1om3TqiGEMiLMR1Ffff=w1672-h1254-no

uSHBqFUBluSgrcqgLnsSanYxWwwludg9OcV9Q7dRaIfehLlIfaxsqvgy-BJrYKSZTaul0fdVXZXngd81BGXTAhWQXh5WteZItxYTBCK_tJzVid94SWagTvOKH0JAlH2g8sdnlRYFJ6OzUGA0zibwBtIj9_iXjpgkFiS7bU9DHNdGmzIKpI-JKh2fWhO1PY4M2l3Sz0P_aoaRu7lBvqXZ43Jeg5lY97P7LtaQmwDvqRGxfRqzZAI3ET-_6NT6nYFVtsuZ5_KhlnmfZWWf_aY7K0EYBi1fcaSMJY6pbk7paL8jLnoctaWW-hJ9UktAPe3Rq-dpvpmy3e1DkoCiaF2eYRWcEhDTHgrhjRsVNHNV6iCQoiGbzfIycAdj2HpoXRkEZ_noWWgmSQpzVwEzQu_65BzItECtsxf8cvd0MrJrGG7DbUI3PeDly-cydBEs1vS7c1Lvko5K4xBn4AhVg0uYvSGkgY7PPTHluDS6oa56T9NjsyCQSvQ-lKU_kVWVSgTiwjVxSp5j6YuPjCA55JltThx75XIXJh8bHIv85rsKRXDgM-5sjrvF8T6fB-i4Gc7KWhZHYVaiqFa1KeMQsT7my1qAof_zVtbVuDEv3WiCJQOobz42_F3XDmSsZbl5dAlg7kZ-M8QInMawqbtT7cZFIXBPu0yQoJjy=w1672-h1254-no

I would have no issue with booking a Central Park View cabin again. The view was of a pretty tree, there were no sound issues and the window seat made the cabin seem much larger. 
Oh my God I love that room! That is way better than a Promenade cabin. Great pictures, thank you. I looked for YouTube videos but there weren't a lot of them, not great ones either. At least I couldn't find them. I want that cabin way more than a Promenade cabin. So cool, thank you so much for posting those pics.

You are welcome! This was cabin 9249.
Such a cool cabin. I'm gonna email my TA now to change it to this cabin category. I love that sun light and right in front of central park.

Which date are you looking at? 
May 10 because it's kids sail free. So beyond happy Oasis is coming to NJ. I do not fly so this is the only way I would be able to sail on an Oasis class ship.