Choice between two cabins on Oasis?

None of my business, but other than the expense, why don’t you fly?

jc
Um fear of flying, heights, confined space. A general fear of crashing into a large mountain. I sail from NJ/NY only and I know that looks itineraries but lucky me, the ship is the destination.

I could have sworn you discussed Centurion lounges at airports in the past.  I must have you confused with someone else.

Statistically, planes are the safest way to get around.  You are probably more likely to get run over on the side walk than getting killed in a plane crash.  That said, it is your life, and you get to make all of your own decisions.  Reminds me of the movie French Kiss.

jc

• Like 1

I could have sworn you discussed Centurion lounges at airports in the past.  I must have you confused with someone else.

Statistically, planes are the safest way to get around.  You are probably more likely to get run over on the side walk than getting killed in a plane crash.  That said, it is your life, and you get to make all of your own decisions.  Reminds me of the movie French Kiss.

jc
No doubt about all that. Unfortunately I can't do it. I like sailing from NJ though, 30 minutes we are the port, 30 minutes we are home.
I'm afraid if I was to fly I'd end up making an incident where the air martial would get involved and place would have to taxi back to the gate because they have a nut freaking out. Yeah my phobia is that bad. I know my limitations.
  • Like 1

I have a friend whose ex-wife struggled with flying, and he wasn’t much better.  She was able to fly as long as she was some what medicated and near the door.  

I get fear.  I remember one time when I was 13, I climbed a forest fire tower, got to the top and looked down, and was completely locked up.  I ended up scooting down  on my bottom one step at a time.  When I got home my mother picked splinters out of my buttocks.  I finally forced myself in college to over come this fear. I took at ROTC course, that I knew included repelling off the tallest building on campus.  I actually learned to enjoy it.  So much so, that we bought our own ropes and gear and did it in the wilds.  

I still get queasy though, when I am on an open exposed ridge, I taunted myself sailing standing on the clear glass floor on the Ovation that looks down about 8-10 decks.  I get feelings of vertigo, while scuba diving when I go over a reef and suddenly there is nothing but deep blue below.  That is a particularly freaky feeling.

jc

• Like 2

Here is a funny thing.When I contacted my new TA about this cruise we discussed a promenade inside room and Central park view room. He did put a hold on a cabin and I thought it was the promenade cabin but just read the hold in my email and he put a hold on a central park view room. Nice mix up I guess. 

I think I'm gonna throw caution to the wind and book it. Hey this is going to be a non refundable fare I believe. If I want to down the line move up to a better room, balcony or something, can you do that with a non refundable fare? Same cruise, just a different category cabin? 

10 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

I think I'm gonna throw caution to the wind and book it. Hey this is going to be a non refundable fare I believe. If I want to down the line move up to a better room, balcony or something, can you do that with a non refundable fare? Same cruise, just a different category cabin? 

That is not a problem.

whats the difference in price between refundable and non refundable. 

12 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Yeah that is no problem.  You just pay whatever the current rate is.

I'm gonna find that out tomorrow. My hold is good till the 30th.
I think I'm gonna book this cabin today. It's the cruise we have been looking at, the price is right where we want it. I CANNOT wait to see and sail on the beautiful Oasis of the seas.

5 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Ok, I'm gonna book this cruise tomorrow. Found out the cabin is 9179. Have to check that out but I'm sure its fine. Pretty excited to be going on Oasis.

How many cabins are you booking and for how many people?

2 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Just one cabin, 2 adults and 1 child 6 years old. I like the location, I just looked it up. Close to the elevators. I think its gonna be fun to check out this room category.

Just for your information:  It is a connecting cabin.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMESCC said:

So I should be worried about this or not so much? I'm confused all of a sudden.

Some swear against connecting cabins others say they don’t hear their neighbours.  There is more potential for noise but it is what it is.  At that price I would book the cabin. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Some swear against connecting cabins others say they don’t hear their neighbours.  There is more potential for noise but it is what it is.  At that price I would book the cabin. 

Yeah I'm booking it anyway.

• Like 1

I find the 2S and 2T to be a great deal for 3 or 4 guests.  The base fare for the first 2 guests  is the same whether you have 2 or 4 guests in it.  In most other categories If the cabin holds more than 2 they have created a separate category and increased the rate for guest 1 and 2.  I guess because there are so few of these cabins that hold 3 or more they just went with the 1 category which makes it the cheapest cabin on the ship for triples and quads and IMO far superior to an interior.

• Thanks 1

I find the 2S and 2T to be a great deal for 3 or 4 guests.  The base fare for the first 2 guests  is the same whether you have 2 or 4 guests in it.  In most other categories If the cabin holds more than 2 they have created a separate category and increased the rate for guest 1 and 2.  I guess because there are so few of these cabins that hold 3 or more they just went with the 1 category which makes it the cheapest cabin on the ship for triples and quads and IMO far superior to an interior.
Yeah I think it's time to just book tomorrow. Gonna call my TA and make it happen.

4 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:
1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yeah I think it's time to just book tomorrow. Gonna call my TA and make it happen.

Prices will definitely go up July 1 as the KSF ends.