Baltic , Norway , Iceland and the U.K. on the Zuiderdam 2019 with photos

8 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Super ! We are also considering a visit .

We left near the port at about 9 and were back to the ship about 3 . We stayed at the geyser about 20 minutes and the waterfall about 25 minutes with a stop for lunch at Gullfoss Panorama Restaurant about 40 minutes . We liked the tomato soup and Black Forest Cake a lot .

DSC00814_zpssltqxmcl.jpg

DSC00816_zpslucaltmk.jpg

DSC00817_zpsl2c6ccts.jpg

DSC00820_zps4a8b6jxl.jpg

The horse visit was about 10 minutes and the walk thru hills about 35 minutes for a total of about 2 hours and 10 minutes at the sites . It may be longer DIY because Fred would left us at the top of the waterfall and hill walk and we walked down to where he was parked waiting us .

Perfect. Thank you.  We are renting a car for two days in August.  We have 2 full days in Reykjavik.   The first day we are driving to glacier lagoon, with a stop at the Black Sand Beach.  We did a South Shore tour in 2017, but not out to Glacier Lagoon.  We will likely skip the 2 waterfalls and walking up to the glacier this trip due to the length of time to get to the Lagoon.  We are doing the golden circle the next day with an added stop at the kerig crater.  We will probably leave the ship for the golden circle around 6:30-7:00 am, which will give us more than enough time.  I love your pictures.  The cake looks wonderful!!!

1 hour ago, swin26 said:

Perfect. Thank you.  We are renting a car for two days in August.  We have 2 full days in Reykjavik.   The first day we are driving to glacier lagoon, with a stop at the Black Sand Beach.  We did a South Shore tour in 2017, but not out to Glacier Lagoon.  We will likely skip the 2 waterfalls and walking up to the glacier this trip due to the length of time to get to the Lagoon.  We are doing the golden circle the next day with an added stop at the kerig crater.  We will probably leave the ship for the golden circle around 6:30-7:00 am, which will give us more than enough time.  I love your pictures.  The cake looks wonderful!!!

That sounds fantastic , we hope that you have a great time and bring backs some cool photos to share !

Edited by scubacruiserx2

4 hours ago, erewhon said:

Catching up with your reports, what is the Dinner food  on the plate with the fork? (before the sunset photos)

It was shrimp and scallop coconut red curry with black sticky rice and it was excellent !

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Breakfast announcements

Followed by a look at the daily menu by the MDR

DSC08775%202_zpsvwzd58gt.jpg

We had noticed that the Dinner menu was a day early so we would take a picture and order from yesterday's photo . With the Mariner Lunch at the MDR we decided to try the Pinnacle for lunch .

DSC08782%202_zpsghmyf9wf.jpg

We chose to look at the port profiles on TV

DSC08786%202_zpsioa5jkdu.jpg

The TV scroll through photos of each port

DSC08787%202_zpsi7xh0w0m.jpg

• Thanks 1

Ive been following your wonderful and informative review since we have a deposit on the 2020 Rotterdam Northern Isle cruise which includes Iceland. I am just getting caught up with your review after a recent trip.

In your #313 post from July 16 about Seydisfjordur you posted a link for a review. I only see a blank image “box.” 

Could you please repost this link? I am very interested in it’s contents. 

Again, thank you for the immense amount of time it is taking for you to post this information. I cannot begin to tell you how helpful it is. 

40 minutes ago, pschweig said:

Ive been following your wonderful and informative review since we have a deposit on the 2020 Rotterdam Northern Isle cruise which includes Iceland. I am just getting caught up with your review after a recent trip.

In your #313 post from July 16 about Seydisfjordur you posted a link for a review. I only see a blank image “box.” 

Could you please repost this link? I am very interested in it’s contents. 

Again, thank you for the immense amount of time it is taking for you to post this information. I cannot begin to tell you how helpful it is. 

Well welcome back and thank you for your kind words . That's weird what you're seeing . Anyhow is it the link to Antarctica ? I was able to click on it to go . Here's the link and please let us know if it works :

Thank you for your kind manners , we appreciate it ! I don't know why CC changed the photo , here's the original one .

We just returned from a 22 day cruise and 9 nights pre and post cruise visit to South America . 

7dfaffa6-2dfe-439d-a879-cb01fb88d33e_zps

Thank you for reposting the link. It works perfectly. Antarctica is on our bucket list of places to go. 

I am a DIY-type person. I use your reviews as the starting point for making my plans. Thank you again for all the wonderful information. 

30 minutes ago, pschweig said:

Thank you for reposting the link. It works perfectly. Antarctica is on our bucket list of places to go. 

I am a DIY-type person. I use your reviews as the starting point for making my plans. Thank you again for all the wonderful information. 

So glad that it works . When we cruise we find places like Iceland and Patagonia that we like to revisit and sometimes a DIY stay gives you more free time and fewer crowds in the shoulder season . We're glad that the reviews help and hope that you have a great visit to Iceland .

We wanted to go to a lighthouse to look for wildlife (  upper left )

IMG_0700%202_zpsuyr7nh3n.jpg

In order to get there we must cross a landing strip at the airport with a helicopter coming in

IMG_0706%202_zpswvcdhvoo.jpg

Helicopter landed

IMG_0709%202_zpshd3amnvf.jpg

Driving up to the lighthouse

IMG_0710%202_zpsonmqkfla.jpg

• Like 2

The announcement made me so-o-o-o homesick for a HAL cruise.  And I wouldn't care where the ship was going.  LOL.  Your fantastic review is "forcing" me to consider this itinerary, although I've done the Baltic portion.  How I wish now that DH and I had done the second half.  Sadly, the year after that memorable cruise, he died, so I lost my cruising buddy as well as my best friend.  Were there many singles on your trip?  If you don't know, that's okay.

59 minutes ago, sevenseasnomad said:

The announcement made me so-o-o-o homesick for a HAL cruise.  And I wouldn't care where the ship was going.  LOL.  Your fantastic review is "forcing" me to consider this itinerary, although I've done the Baltic portion.  How I wish now that DH and I had done the second half.  Sadly, the year after that memorable cruise, he died, so I lost my cruising buddy as well as my best friend.  Were there many singles on your trip?  If you don't know, that's okay.

So sorry for your loss of DH and best friend.But you did have a memorable cruise and I am sure many more wonderful memories. 

There were a  few single cruisers, but I am not sure how many. 

Edited by scubacruiserx2

2 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

So sorry for your loss of DH and best friend.But you did have a memorable cruise and I am sure many more wonderful memories. 

There were a  few single cruisers, but I am not sure how many. 

Thanks for your kind words.  Yes, the memories bring a smile.  I haven't cruised solo yet, but I know a lot of people do.  Family and friends who have cruised with me have been wonderful.  It isn't the same, though, as I'm sure anyone who is a widow/widower can attest. 

Anticipating the rest of your review with your fabulous photos.