Cruise Critic Community
MRSG29

Carnival Vista vs Carnival Horizon

So I sailed on the Vista last Oct and just booked the Horizon for Feb. For those that have sailed both, what things did you find different on each one. Anything you like more on one vs the other? We enjoyed the Vista but definitely looking forward to the Horizon. 

11 minutes ago, MRSG29 said:

So I sailed on the Vista last Oct and just booked the Horizon for Feb. For those that have sailed both, what things did you find different on each one. Anything you like more on one vs the other? We enjoyed the Vista but definitely looking forward to the Horizon. 

Here is a video explaining the differences! 😃

I’d like to know how the Panorama will be different, if any, from Horizon and Vista.

4 hours ago, James4me said:

I’d like to know how the Panorama will be different, if any, from Horizon and Vista.

Panorama won’t have an IMAX or Thrill Theater. 

Just now, PhillyFan33579 said:

Panorama won’t have an IMAX or Thrill Theater. 

Instead, a Sky Zone bounce trampoline park. They have a couple near me, and they are really fun!

10 hours ago, MRSG29 said:

Biggest difference to me is Vista has the Red Frog Pub while Horizon has Guys Pig n Anchor Brewhouse. Red Frog Pub is a lot better in my book. During an 8 day cruise on Vista, we spent several hours in the Red Frog Pub every day. On an 8 day cruise on Horizon, we spent no more than two hours total in Guys Brewhouse. 

For any Vista and Horizon sailers, did you find Vista did better in crowd management? Or about the same?

3 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Instead, a Sky Zone bounce trampoline park. They have a couple near me, and they are really fun!

That is definitely going to appeal more to kids.  I assume Carnival wasn’t generating enough revenue from their theaters on Vista and Horizon.  Curious how much they will charge for Sky Zone.  

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

That is definitely going to appeal more to kids.  I assume Carnival wasn’t generating enough revenue from their theaters on Vista and Horizon.  Curious how much they will charge for Sky Zone.  

The Sky Zones near me charge $22 for a full hour and as much as $32 for two hours. Plus, you have to purchase special grip-socks which are like another $3.50 a pair. 

Edited by jbethel11
Grammatical errors

5 hours ago, James4me said:

I would also like to know about this. Thanks

1 hour ago, jbethel11 said:

The Sky Zones near me charge $22 for a full hour and as much as $32 for two hours. Plus, you have to purchase special grip-socks which are like another $3.50 a pair. 

I think I should probably skip this. Not good for somebody in their 60's with arthritic knees.

Sounds like it would be fun for the younger folks.

1 hour ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

I think I should probably skip this. Not good for somebody in their 60's with arthritic knees.

I would recommend 12 ounce curls multiple times during the daytime hours, preferably in the Havana area so no unruly rug rats could disturb you.

14 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I would recommend 12 ounce curls multiple times during the daytime hours, preferably in the Havana area so no unruly rug rats could disturb you.

a few curls with some Grolsch's will fit the bill.😉

Well definitely looking forward to the Horizon. Heard nothing but good things about it.

On 6/26/2019 at 11:46 PM, jbethel11 said:

For any Vista and Horizon sailers, did you find Vista did better in crowd management? Or about the same?

I cannot think of many differences, prob would select Vistafor two reasons, Matt and less people in Havana (which is where I would stay (and have) on either.

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

I cannot think of many differences, prob would select Vistafor two reasons, Matt and less people in Havana (which is where I would stay (and have) on either.

I would prefer the Horizon. The Vista doesn't have a strong track record right now.

Just now, xDisconnections said:

I would prefer the Horizon. The Vista doesn't have a strong track record right now.

LOL, she will be fine, I would have zero trepidation in sailing on her and bringing family/friends/...even you.

On 6/26/2019 at 1:10 PM, MRSG29 said:

following this thread...ill be on the Horizon in February too. the 8th&16th 

1 minute ago, EngineCo52 said:

following this thread...ill be on the Horizon in February too. the 8th&16th 

We'll be on it the 16th.

24 minutes ago, MRSG29 said:

We'll be on it the 16th.

awesome have you gone to the roll calls portion ?

1 minute ago, EngineCo52 said:

awesome have you gone to the roll calls portion ?

Not for this one. I am in the FB Group for it. 

1 minute ago, MRSG29 said:

Not for this one. I am in the FB Group for it. 

ya im in the fb group as well. OO Petrovic OO

On 6/26/2019 at 10:44 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Biggest difference to me is Vista has the Red Frog Pub while Horizon has Guys Pig n Anchor Brewhouse. Red Frog Pub is a lot better in my book. During an 8 day cruise on Vista, we spent several hours in the Red Frog Pub every day. On an 8 day cruise on Horizon, we spent no more than two hours total in Guys Brewhouse. 

Why'd you like spending more time in Red Frog over Guys? Atmosphere? 

On 6/26/2019 at 10:47 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

We'll be on Horizon next March and I'm kind of looking forward to trying out the Thrill Theater. If I'm not mistaken, it's about $8/show or $15 for unlimited. For a cruise, I think that's reasonably priced. What does IMAX cost, $13? I don't think I'll bother with that.

52 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Why'd you like spending more time in Red Frog over Guys? Atmosphere? 

We'll be on Horizon next March and I'm kind of looking forward to trying out the Thrill Theater. If I'm not mistaken, it's about $8/show or $15 for unlimited. For a cruise, I think that's reasonably priced. What does IMAX cost, $13? I don't think I'll bother with that.

That’s unbelievably inexpensive. Movie theaters by me have all adopted the luxury style theater where they have full recliners, blankets, waiter service, etc.

I can’t even make it to a movie without spending $100 these days.

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I really liked Chris (The Flying Scotsman) but, haven't had Matt as a CD yet.