Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
MRSG29

Carnival Vista vs Carnival Horizon

Recommended Posts

So I sailed on the Vista last Oct and just booked the Horizon for Feb. For those that have sailed both, what things did you find different on each one. Anything you like more on one vs the other? We enjoyed the Vista but definitely looking forward to the Horizon. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MRSG29 said:

So I sailed on the Vista last Oct and just booked the Horizon for Feb. For those that have sailed both, what things did you find different on each one. Anything you like more on one vs the other? We enjoyed the Vista but definitely looking forward to the Horizon. 

 

 

Here is a video explaining the differences! 😃

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like to know how the Panorama will be different, if any, from Horizon and Vista.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, James4me said:

I’d like to know how the Panorama will be different, if any, from Horizon and Vista.

 

Panorama won’t have an IMAX or Thrill Theater. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PhillyFan33579 said:

 

Panorama won’t have an IMAX or Thrill Theater. 

Instead, a Sky Zone bounce trampoline park. They have a couple near me, and they are really fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MRSG29 said:

So I sailed on the Vista last Oct and just booked the Horizon for Feb. For those that have sailed both, what things did you find different on each one. Anything you like more on one vs the other? We enjoyed the Vista but definitely looking forward to the Horizon. 

 

 

 

Biggest difference to me is Vista has the Red Frog Pub while Horizon has Guys Pig n Anchor Brewhouse. Red Frog Pub is a lot better in my book. During an 8 day cruise on Vista, we spent several hours in the Red Frog Pub every day. On an 8 day cruise on Horizon, we spent no more than two hours total in Guys Brewhouse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For any Vista and Horizon sailers, did you find Vista did better in crowd management? Or about the same?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Instead, a Sky Zone bounce trampoline park. They have a couple near me, and they are really fun!

 

That is definitely going to appeal more to kids.  I assume Carnival wasn’t generating enough revenue from their theaters on Vista and Horizon.  Curious how much they will charge for Sky Zone.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

 

That is definitely going to appeal more to kids.  I assume Carnival wasn’t generating enough revenue from their theaters on Vista and Horizon.  Curious how much they will charge for Sky Zone.  

The Sky Zones near me charge $22 for a full hour and as much as $32 for two hours. Plus, you have to purchase special grip-socks which are like another $3.50 a pair. 

Edited by jbethel11
Grammatical errors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, James4me said:

I’d like to know how the Panorama will be different, if any, from Horizon and Vista.

I would also like to know about this. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jbethel11 said:

The Sky Zones near me charge $22 for a full hour and as much as $32 for two hours. Plus, you have to purchase special grip-socks which are like another $3.50 a pair. 

 

I think I should probably skip this. Not good for somebody in their 60's with arthritic knees.

 

Sounds like it would be fun for the younger folks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

 

I think I should probably skip this. Not good for somebody in their 60's with arthritic knees.

 

I would recommend 12 ounce curls multiple times during the daytime hours, preferably in the Havana area so no unruly rug rats could disturb you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I would recommend 12 ounce curls multiple times during the daytime hours, preferably in the Havana area so no unruly rug rats could disturb you.

 

a few curls with some Grolsch's will fit the bill.😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well definitely looking forward to the Horizon. Heard nothing but good things about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2019 at 11:46 PM, jbethel11 said:

For any Vista and Horizon sailers, did you find Vista did better in crowd management? Or about the same?

I cannot think of many differences, prob would select Vistafor two reasons, Matt and less people in Havana (which is where I would stay (and have) on either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jimbo5544 said:

I cannot think of many differences, prob would select Vistafor two reasons, Matt and less people in Havana (which is where I would stay (and have) on either.

I would prefer the Horizon. The Vista doesn't have a strong track record right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xDisconnections said:

I would prefer the Horizon. The Vista doesn't have a strong track record right now.

LOL, she will be fine, I would have zero trepidation in sailing on her and bringing family/friends/...even you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2019 at 1:10 PM, MRSG29 said:

So I sailed on the Vista last Oct and just booked the Horizon for Feb. For those that have sailed both, what things did you find different on each one. Anything you like more on one vs the other? We enjoyed the Vista but definitely looking forward to the Horizon. 

 

 

 

 

following this thread...ill be on the Horizon in February too. the 8th&16th 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EngineCo52 said:

 

 

following this thread...ill be on the Horizon in February too. the 8th&16th 

We'll be on it the 16th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MRSG29 said:

We'll be on it the 16th.

 

awesome have you gone to the roll calls portion ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EngineCo52 said:

 

awesome have you gone to the roll calls portion ?

 

Not for this one. I am in the FB Group for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MRSG29 said:

Not for this one. I am in the FB Group for it. 

 

ya im in the fb group as well. OO Petrovic OO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2019 at 10:44 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Biggest difference to me is Vista has the Red Frog Pub while Horizon has Guys Pig n Anchor Brewhouse. Red Frog Pub is a lot better in my book. During an 8 day cruise on Vista, we spent several hours in the Red Frog Pub every day. On an 8 day cruise on Horizon, we spent no more than two hours total in Guys Brewhouse. 

 

Why'd you like spending more time in Red Frog over Guys? Atmosphere? 

 

On 6/26/2019 at 10:47 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

That is definitely going to appeal more to kids.  I assume Carnival wasn’t generating enough revenue from their theaters on Vista and Horizon.  Curious how much they will charge for Sky Zone.  

 

We'll be on Horizon next March and I'm kind of looking forward to trying out the Thrill Theater. If I'm not mistaken, it's about $8/show or $15 for unlimited. For a cruise, I think that's reasonably priced. What does IMAX cost, $13? I don't think I'll bother with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

 

Why'd you like spending more time in Red Frog over Guys? Atmosphere? 

 

 

We'll be on Horizon next March and I'm kind of looking forward to trying out the Thrill Theater. If I'm not mistaken, it's about $8/show or $15 for unlimited. For a cruise, I think that's reasonably priced. What does IMAX cost, $13? I don't think I'll bother with that.

That’s unbelievably inexpensive. Movie theaters by me have all adopted the luxury style theater where they have full recliners, blankets, waiter service, etc.

 

I can’t even make it to a movie without spending $100 these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I cannot think of many differences, prob would select Vistafor two reasons, Matt and less people in Havana (which is where I would stay (and have) on either.

I really liked Chris (The Flying Scotsman) but, haven't had Matt as a CD yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...