Liberty of the Seas 6/16-6/23/19

4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

All staterooms on Liberty have safes.

Thankyou for your reply can anyone tell me where to find out which nights are formal nights on Liberty. Trying to make reservations for specialty restaurant but do not want to go on formal nights.

1 hour ago, KARDBR said:

Thankyou for your reply can anyone tell me where to find out which nights are formal nights on Liberty. Trying to make reservations for specialty restaurant but do not want to go on formal nights.

If you mention your itinerary, someone here may be able relate a recent experience.

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Look in the RCI app but likely nights 2 and 6. 

I’ve looked all over the app and feel that information should be there but can’t find it anywhere...what am I missing

27 minutes ago, KARDBR said:

I’ve looked all over the app and feel that information should be there but can’t find it anywhere...what am I missing

The info gets better as you get closer and yours may not be loaded yet - look at next week ‘s sailing. 

• 1 month later...

I really liked your review. I am a veteran Royal cruiser booked on my first Carnival in Feb so I liked the comparisons. Woudn't it be nice if we could take the things we like from each line and combine them into one! I really liked that you took time to dress up nice for dinner-great lesson for your son. Thanks

• Like 2

Thank you!  Yes, it would be nice to combine all of the best things in one cruise line! It turned out pretty even for us. 

Carnival things we missed on Royal

-Faster to the Fun (The Key is much more expensive)

-A very reasonably priced water package ($4.50 for a 12-pack!), so that we could then carry on our soda (and Carnival allows more beverages per person). On Royal, the water package is really expensive, so we carried on our water instead of soda and chose to mostly go without soda on the ship. 

-Seaday brunch!!!

-Tea time

-Guy's Burgers

-Better MDR food

-Free room service during the day/evening (they do charge for late-night)

-Family-friendly shows in the comedy club

Royal things that we liked better than Carnival:

-Nicer ship layout and decor (especially in the MDR)

-They used cargo elevators to deliver the luggage on the first day instead of tying up guest elevators

-Better buffet food

-Promenade Cafe

-Those awesome cookies

-Ice skating show/production show

-Promenade parties

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post the reviews and pictures!   We are Princess cruisers doing RCCI and this itinerary on Liberty for the first time.  Also first time cruising with kids and grandkids.   I was concerned about Grand Cayman because there are 3 ships in port that day and Liberty is the last one in.  After reading your experience with tenders, I know if they want much time on shore, we better book an excursion through the ship!    

• Like 1

Thank you for your review. Your pictures are great!  I love Liberty! Have sailed her 3 times, most recently this past June. I'm booked again for next June. I love your balcony. That would be an awesome cabin. Yes the 'give us a 10' speech gets old. Truth is, I rarely don't give a 10 because the service is always so great. I don't need to be asked. And yes, they have cut down doing the towel animals to about 3 times per cruise. Not sure why.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the review of your cruise on the Liberty...we loved the Liberty when we sailed on her 4 years back. We had your cabin as well. Glad to see that the furniture is back on the balcony furniture.  When we sailed, they only allowed 2 chairs on that big balcony...said something about policy, and nothing we said could change their minds....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 3:03 PM, chrismch said:

Did they talk about what changes will be made during the next dry dock in April 2020?

No, I never heard that mentioned. I'm curious, though!

On 9/28/2019 at 11:07 AM, 2flacruisers said:

I enjoyed the review of your cruise on the Liberty...we loved the Liberty when we sailed on her 4 years back. We had your cabin as well. Glad to see that the furniture is back on the balcony furniture.  When we sailed, they only allowed 2 chairs on that big balcony...said something about policy, and nothing we said could change their minds....

Thanks! Oh wow, what a waste to have only 2 chairs in all of that space! Glad they changed that policy.

8 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

No, I never heard that mentioned. I'm curious, though!

Thanks! Oh wow, what a waste to have only 2 chairs in all of that space! Glad they changed that policy.

It sure was a waste...we had mother-in-law in our cabin as well....they would not let us put a recliner there for her to sit...very silly...