Haven guest email reply?

UrbanGirlie

Hi Seasoned Cruisers-

Excited for our upcoming vacation on Getaway in Aug.  We are in an aft Haven H6.

I was looking over dining reservations and noticed the only time I could book anything for a party of three was 9pm.  The next day I received my Concierge Welcome Letter so I shot them an email with my dining requests. This was on Monday and haven’t heard anything back yet and been checking my reservation page and nothing has been updated yet.  

My twofold question is: what’s the normal

wait time for an email response and are they generally able to grant dining requests? We asked for anytime between 6:45-7:30 for 6 restaurants on any cruise night. Didn’t seem to hefty a request. 🤪

Thanks for your time... 😘

Have you tried changing the number in your party to four?  I've noticed this same thing in the past when trying to book for three.  Once I changed it a party of four, there were many more choices displayed.  I've just booked for four and let them know it is three when we show up for dinner.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have found lately that it sometimes takes a couple emails to them before you get a response. We travel in a large party of 6 so they normally make our reservations for four and let the onboard concierge know it’s for six. We have never had a problem. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, UrbanGirlie said:

Hi Seasoned Cruisers-

Excited for our upcoming vacation on Getaway in Aug.  We are in an aft Haven H6.

I was looking over dining reservations and noticed the only time I could book anything for a party of three was 9pm.  The next day I received my Concierge Welcome Letter so I shot them an email with my dining requests. This was on Monday and haven’t heard anything back yet and been checking my reservation page and nothing has been updated yet.  

My twofold question is: what’s the normal

wait time for an email response and are they generally able to grant dining requests? We asked for anytime between 6:45-7:30 for 6 restaurants on any cruise night. Didn’t seem to hefty a request. 🤪

Thanks for your time... 😘

Pick up the phone and call the number in the letter..... and talk to a real person. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all these tips, I think I will call.

Question for those of you who booked for four:

on the app it wants to charge me for dinner for 4  obviously, did you just get refunded on board when you show up with only 3 ppl or am I missing something?

For the price we all pay to sail in the Haven, I don’t feel I need to give NCL any extra $ lol 😂 

-UG

16 minutes ago, UrbanGirlie said:

Thanks for all these tips, I think I will call.

Question for those of you who booked for four:

on the app it wants to charge me for dinner for 4  obviously, did you just get refunded on board when you show up with only 3 ppl or am I missing something?

For the price we all pay to sail in the Haven, I don’t feel I need to give NCL any extra $ lol 😂 

-UG

The a la carte restaurants won't charge when making the reservation.  The fixed price restaurants will charge per person.  I wouldn't pay for more people in advance and hope for a refund.  Give them a call or ask the concierge as soon as you board. 

4 minutes ago, rrebel94 said:

I wouldn't pay for more people in advance and hope for a refund.  Give them a call or ask the concierge as soon as you board. 

Right, my sentiments exactly... 

im afraid if I wait till on board, I won’t get times/restaurants we want, no?

Edited by UrbanGirlie