Voyager's Royal Amplified Upgrades Announced

From RCI Facebook page...

Q:

Brad_P: I might be missing something but I can only see those two changes. What about Skypad or Bamboo lounge etc?

A:

Royal Caribbean International Hi Brad - there are currently no plans to introduce Skypad or Bamboo lounge to Voyager of the Seas - however, along with The Perfect Storm and Laser Tag, there will be an upgrade to Adventure Ocean and Nursery (alongside Teen Spaces), upgrade to the Vitality Spa and Fitness Centre and a refresh of current features and areas.

2 minutes ago, brad_p said:

From RCI Facebook page...

Q:

Brad_P: I might be missing something but I can only see those two changes. What about Skypad or Bamboo lounge etc?

A:

Royal Caribbean International Hi Brad - there are currently no plans to introduce Skypad or Bamboo lounge to Voyager of the Seas - however, along with The Perfect Storm and Laser Tag, there will be an upgrade to Adventure Ocean and Nursery (alongside Teen Spaces), upgrade to the Vitality Spa and Fitness Centre and a refresh of current features and areas.

Please ask them that if they are enchancing the FItness Center, will they still have free sauna ans steam rooms.

5 minutes ago, brad_p said:

Have asked, if I get a reply I'll be sure to let you know. If it's bad news it's unlikely to get a response I would imagine.

That's what I'm most curious about, if they will even answer.

We used to have a poster here on CC named "Royal Caribbean International", and was supposedly verified.  They never answered questions like that either.  I think the company finally gave up on their participation here.

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

That's what I'm most curious about, if they will even answer.

We used to have a poster here on CC named "Royal Caribbean International", and was supposedly verified.  They never answered questions like that either.  I think the company finally gave up on their participation here.

Or they are here under another name. 😮 (Cue the Twilight Zone or Jaws theme)

I think the announcement was fairly disappointing too.

While the skypad doesnt interest me much, the lack of Hooked Seafood, Bamboo Room, lime and coconut and playmakers was a real surprise.

Its clearly a play for the asian/chinese market compared to the Australian market. Oh well.. you cant win them all I suppose.

• Like 1

I for one booked two cruises on voyager with the hope that it would have similar updates to the other ships in the class, I am sure they have known for more than six months. I guess the truth more cabins, more people, no new bars, no new restaurants isn't as good a marketing ploy. Moving one booking to ovation cancelled the other 

On 6/26/2019 at 6:49 PM, John&LaLa said:

Nobody used them

That is absolutely not true. Maybe if you don’t use the gym you don’t know...

The new fitness center at the back of the ship on Navigator is TERRIBLE and that sounds like it’s the new “upgrade”

for the remaining Voyager class. The ceilings are too low for most of the treadmills to incline, there are virtually no free weights, virtually no open areas for yoga, stretching, or abs. 

As a couple who is young and very active, I wouldn’t sail in Navigator (or now Voyager) again for that reason alone.  

29 minutes ago, canadianaustralian said:

I for one booked two cruises on voyager with the hope that it would have similar updates to the other ships in the class, I am sure they have known for more than six months. I guess the truth more cabins, more people, no new bars, no new restaurants isn't as good a marketing ploy. Moving one booking to ovation cancelled the other 

Yeah. All the new added cabins were noticeable on Navigator, especially in terms of the elevators. It was the first time on this class for me that the forward elevators couldn’t keep up. They always used to be the better option compared to the aft.

1 hour ago, kruzerci said:

That is absolutely not true. Maybe if you don’t use the gym you don’t know...

The new fitness center at the back of the ship on Navigator is TERRIBLE and that sounds like it’s the new “upgrade”

for the remaining Voyager class. The ceilings are too low for most of the treadmills to incline, there are virtually no free weights, virtually no open areas for yoga, stretching, or abs. 

As a couple who is young and very active, I wouldn’t sail in Navigator (or now Voyager) again for that reason alone.  

I was referring to the sauna and steam rooms

7 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

I know. But they were all connected with the locker rooms in the prior fitness center. 

OK, but I still don't get the connection. Bob seemed to only be upset about the sauna and steam room.

And what does that have to do with whether or not I go to the gym.  🤔

I don't, but I see the steam rooms when I go to the spa

it's not pretty 😂

Edited by John&LaLa

Navigator and Mariner were really changed into party ships with the aim to attract lot's of cruisers in their 20's and 30's whereas Voyager is aimed for families, hence the whole concept with Bamboo Room and the enhanced pool bar / deck will not be introduced.

However, something RCCL absolutely sucks this is to update it's cabins roperly. If they plan to keep the Voyager Class for probably another 10 years+ they should have finally replaced all bathrooms in all cabins as part of the refurbishment program.

Interesting what will happen with Adventure and Explorer, probably the enhancments will be equivalent to Voyager. One good thing it looks like these 3 ships will keep Giovanni's 😉