Cruise Critic Community
FlyerTalker

BoSox and the Crystal Skye

4 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Sure I get that the charter determines the catering standards but I don’t think 2cruiseagain is a current roster member so doesn’t need to eat like one - and therefore why wouldn’t a luxury charter serve quality dishes to him rather than something it looks like a line cook slapped it up

Look at the plating and the serving style of the napkin - and what about those cheap salt and pepper shakers 

When you charter the plane I'm sure they will more than happy to cater to your obviously superior standards.

When one is a guest on a charter one is served what has been arranged by the person(s) who chartered the plane. unless they the person and/or organization that  chartered the plane asks  if you have any dietary issues or wante something special.

No different than if you go to a function on land.  

Keith

14 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Sure I get that the charter determines the catering standards but I don’t think 2cruiseagain is a current roster member so doesn’t need to eat like one - and therefore why wouldn’t a luxury charter serve quality dishes to him rather than something it looks like a line cook slapped it up

Look at the plating and the serving style of the napkin - and what about those cheap salt and pepper shakers 

High end charters are all about customization...  Those are all options and decisions the person or group organizing the charter have to make.  It's their budget and they get to spend their money on the things they value.  Catering is a la carte for that exact reason -- the experience is bespoke.

If you had separate audiences onboard, you could do separate catering for each audience -- like if you had some kind of VIP group and press flying together you could do one menu for the press and one menu for the VIPs...  But the more options you cater in fewer quantities, the higher the cost goes up for each and every meal.  So generally you just see them pick a couple of entrée options that cover most people's needs, or a combo option where the proteins are cupped separately inside the foil packaging so one can be removed by the crew without contaminating the other in cases of dietary needs.

Tableware and such are options as well.  I'd be willing to bet a sports team would need to spend more on a larger steak than fancier tableware though.

Vince

I talked to the inflight chef quite a bit. He did say he wished he could do more but cooked what was asked. We had many fabulous meals and courses.  It seemed like the junk food was the favorite for most of the young players.  They were more interested in the chips and snacks while playing cards. Even some of the snacks were fresh prepared and delicious. And remember , there were 88 people to serve. I saw the extensive galley and wasn’t just a heat and serve place. 

I bet a lot of things would be different on other charters.  We’ve really only seen pictures during sports charters.