Cruise Critic Community
LandlockedCruiser01

What food venues are open on debarkation morning, and what hours?

Posted (edited)

I finally got a cruise booked.  Yay!  But while lurking Cruise Critic over the last several years, I found out that room service is no longer provided on debarkation morning.  That stinks; I found it very convenient to not have to leave my cabin to eat.  I ate a quick breakfast while getting dressed and packing my toothbrush and what-have-you.  (That also pre-dated the latest cutbacks, so I even had a bagel with salmon and cream cheese; it's not on today's room service breakfast menu.)  But on my next cruise, I'll actually have to get dressed and walk to breakfast.

Normally, the general Lido buffet, Blue Iguana Cantina, and the MDR all serve breakfast in the morning.  (No Cantina on my previous cruises; the buffet and the MDR were open, only I didn't go.)  But since it's debarkation, and more cutbacks took effect, will it be different?  What are each venue's hours?  I can easily make do with basics, even continental---although I'd rather eat a full meal, with filling protein and all---but since I gotta wake up early and walk over anyway, I might as well make it worth my while.  Please share what you know.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01
content revision

The MDR should be open from 630-830, the buffet on Lido from 600-930 and the Cantina from 600-900.  They usually want you out of your cabin by 830.

I don't have any post-debarkation excursions (not all home ports offer them), and my flight is in the afternoon, so looks I have time to eat a proper meal.  I assume the menus are the same as on a normal morning.

We usually do the main dining room as we are not generally in a hurry to leave and it's our last chance to be pampered before reality.  Standard morning breakfast (non-brunch) menu.

12 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The MDR should be open from 630-830, the buffet on Lido from 600-930 and the Cantina from 600-900.  They usually want you out of your cabin by 830.

The Cantina? I wasn't aware that Carnival had a Cantina. Where is it?

The Blue Iguana Cantina makes breakfast burritos to order, and they are very good.

Located on the Lido deck on most ships.

1 hour ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

I read in the Fun Times posting in another thread (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2597090-carnival-inspiration-fun-times-daily-schedule) that there is no Blue Iguana Cantina on debarkation morning.  Just the Lido buffet and the MDR.  That's a shame; a breakfast burrito fuels you up pretty nicely.

Maybe it has changed, but I definitely had Blue Iguana breakfast burritos and arepas on debarkation morning back in October. I guess I'll find out soon -- my cruise leaves on Sunday!

9 hours ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

I read in the Fun Times posting in another thread (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2597090-carnival-inspiration-fun-times-daily-schedule) that there is no Blue Iguana Cantina on debarkation morning.  Just the Lido buffet and the MDR.  That's a shame; a breakfast burrito fuels you up pretty nicely.

Here is a link to last week's sailing on the Dream, where the cantina was indeed open on embarkation morning.  Maybe it's closed on the Inspiration since it's a Fantasy Class ship and doesn't have enough cruisers to warrant it being open. 

16 hours ago, beachbum53 said:

The Cantina? I wasn't aware that Carnival had a Cantina. Where is it?

14 hours ago, jonboy9756 said:

The Blue Iguana Cantina makes breakfast burritos to order, and they are very good.

Located on the Lido deck on most ships.

I think I had a "Well, Duh!" moment yesterday. I didn't think about the Blue Iguana Cantina. Thanks jonboy9756. I think I need a cruise.