Cruise Critic Community
newyorker123

One way London to NYC

So I know I have time but does anyone have a general how much air from London to NYC (prefer EWR) will be in April?  I'm just wondering if the price now ($568) is the average or I should hold out for something better.  Thanks!!

1 hour ago, newyorker123 said:

So I know I have time but does anyone have a general how much air from London to NYC (prefer EWR) will be in April?  I'm just wondering if the price now ($568) is the average or I should hold out for something better.  Thanks!!

Norwegian is listing oneway fare as $262 from LGW>JFK for some dates in April.

You should be able to search most airlines now, as it's less than 330 days out. That price may or may not increase or decrease, unfortunately nobody on here can say for sure. $568 for a one-way fare seems decent, but of course it depends on the airline, if there are additional fees (bags, seats, etc.) you might have to pay, etc. etc.

I'm hearing terrible things about Norwegian.  I have to see if my son can deal with it if we don't make it home in time.

Thanks!!

39 minutes ago, newyorker123 said:

I'm hearing terrible things about Norwegian.  I have to see if my son can deal with it if we don't make it home in time.

Thanks!!

So how much more are the other airlines? And if that fare you quoted above is Norwegian, what additional fees may you need to pay?

I can get Norwegian with a bag for about 300.  The others are 550ish.  Decisions. Decisions.  Thank you.

16 minutes ago, newyorker123 said:

I can get Norwegian with a bag for about 300.  The others are 550ish.  Decisions. Decisions.  Thank you.

Does that fare also include seat selection and meal? If not, are those things you would want? Also, April is a long way away and Norwegian always seems to be on the verge of being the next airline failure...I may be conservative, but I personally wouldn't throw a lot of money Norwegian's way for a flight more than just a few months out. They do seem to be holding on, but it always seems to be just barely.

Concur with Zach - I'd book Norwegian for a flight within a few months window, but not for something 10 months out.

Then again, it all depends on one's individual risk tolerance.

Caveat emptor.

24 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Concur with Zach

Ha, I am actually in the office today and had to teach a training on our new travel software...of course, it's Concur, and this is exactly what I named my presentation.

I agree.  But it's so cheap that it's making me think too much.  I believe we're going with someone else and I can't wait till a few months before my cruise (that would drive me nuts) so I'll book with someone more reliable.  Thank you!!

39 minutes ago, newyorker123 said:

I agree.  But it's so cheap that it's making me think too much.  I believe we're going with someone else and I can't wait till a few months before my cruise (that would drive me nuts) so I'll book with someone more reliable.  Thank you!!

Smart move.

TAP Air Portugal is showing the lowest one-way fares for April 2020 if you pull up the calendar search on either of the Google air search pages (ITA Matrix and flights).  Long stopover opportunities if you want some time in Portugal.  Star Alliance member.

45 minutes ago, CruiseDigits said:

TAP Air Portugal is showing the lowest one-way fares for April 2020 if you pull up the calendar search on either of the Google air search pages (ITA Matrix and flights).  Long stopover opportunities if you want some time in Portugal.  Star Alliance member.

Thanks.  After two weeks we'll be ready to hightail it home but if things change, it's an option.  Ty