Fine example of Royal Marketing Drink package

So in my cruise planner today, I can either buy the drink package at BOGO for $47.00 a day per person....or I can just buy as is for $44.00 per person.  LOL what da what??  Just another fine example of Royal's "sales"

I guess someone forgot to remove the before sale pick and link...

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 9.12.49 AM.png

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Sail2k said:

So in my cruise planner today, I can either buy the drink package at BOGO for $47.00 a day per person....or I can just buy as is for $44.00 per person.  LOL what da what??  Just another fine example of Royal's "sales"

No worries, there will be another fake sale coming soon.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I picked up  the BOGO 50% offer for the beverage package when we booked our 4 night Majesty cruise for August as it sure beats the $60+ per day that is the 'baseline'.  Fast forward, I saw the same 'snafu', cancelled the original package and rebooked.  Saved a whooping $14.18.... almost a days worth of service charges.

• Like 1

DW asked me yesterday about an email she got advertising a 'sale' on drink packages. Had to explain to her to ignore all future emails.  Explained to her the sales are fake and I monitor prices on a regular basis and don't need emails to waste anymore of my time.

Yes but clearly the BOGO (25%off) is the "Best Seller" 😉 and you should totally ignore the $44 dollar package that looks like it would be the 30% off 😁

dp

BTW, My planner had the 30% off yesterday and is back to "Normal" pricing today.

I have learned through Bob and other's on this great forum, there are no sales. The price is the price. If you book and the price goes down, cancel and rebook again. We started off with the deluxe drink package paying $52pp/pd, then it went down to $49. We cancelled and rebooked. Later, It then went down to $46 and we cancelled and rebooked again. The key is to constantly watch your cruise planner for price adjustments. I don't read the emails or pay attention to the banners I just pay attention to the price.

• Like 2

We booked our cruise almost 3 months ago and sail next week. I have never seen it below $49/person (buy one get one half off). I've checked it daily for months and never seen the $46 price. After seeing this post this AM I just jumped on, not today either, it's currently showing at $52. For the entirety of the time I've been booked, it's been $52 or $49. Never more, never less. 

In fact the only thing I've seen any real major difference with, was one of our excursions. We booked it at 59.99/person. I've never seen it lower, but I've seen it as high as 71.99, it's currently 70.99. 

1 hour ago, Swank Pad G said:

I have learned through Bob and other's on this great forum, there are no sales. The price is the price. If you book and the price goes down, cancel and rebook again. We started off with the deluxe drink package paying $52pp/pd, then it went down to $49. We cancelled and rebooked. Later, It then went down to $46 and we cancelled and rebooked again. The key is to constantly watch your cruise planner for price adjustments. I don't read the emails or pay attention to the banners I just pay attention to the price.

This is EXACTLY what I do - for a future cruise, mine started at $52...I went ahead and booked it, just on the off-chance it would go UP rather than down. It went down - so far, down to $46 per day - so I have canceled and rebooked it. I do this for EVERYTHING - dining packages, drink packages, etc.

P.S. I am in Lee’s Summit, as well - (okay, really Lake Winnebago, but close enough! My kids all went to R7 schools! Small world!)

1 minute ago, KansCocoa said:

P.S. I am in Lee’s Summit, as well - (okay, really Lake Winnebago, but close enough! My kids all went to R7 schools! Small world!)

Wow small world! When’s your next cruise? We will be on Harmony Oct 13.

Royal sales are never really ‘sales’.  They have a big title “BOGO 50% off” or “30% of drinks packages” or whatever the deal of the day is.   I’m not sure who is doing their code or pivot tables but it’s never what is advertised.  Their math skills suck. 

5 hours ago, Swank Pad G said:

Wow small world! When’s your next cruise? We will be on Harmony Oct 13.

We’re sailing on the Allure Oct 6, and then doing a B2B in Alaska on the Radiance, beginning 6/19/20. 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KansCocoa said:

We’re sailing on the Allure Oct 6, and then doing a B2B in Alaska on the Radiance, beginning 6/19/20. 🙂

Hopefully we will meet up someday. My wife and I are planning on going on a RCI cruise at least once a year and hopefully after retirement twice a year.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sail2k said:

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 9.12.49 AM.png

yeah, I saw that also, Royals wonderful Tech department

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, karena1 said:

yeah, I saw that also, Royals wonderful Tech department

Probably the tech people were forced to give the marketing people direct access to the website.

2 minutes ago, starvenger said:

Whatever the case, it wouldn't hurt to review the changes before hitting "save".

Royal is notorious for their feckless proofreading.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, what is the highest on board price anyone has ever seen for the drink package?  I am wondering if buying online prior to the cruise, for what seems to be discounted prices,  is better than waiting and using the Diamond+ discount. 

13 hours ago, vuz98 said:

So, what is the highest on board price anyone has ever seen for the drink package?  I am wondering if buying online prior to the cruise, for what seems to be discounted prices,  is better than waiting and using the Diamond+ discount. 

Don't remember which ship, but I've seen $70.