Cruise Critic Community
Stockjock

100 MSC Voyagers Club Bonus Points for confirming details prior to cruise?

I've received a numbers of messages from MSC stating, "Update or confirm your contact details before your cruise in the MSC Voyagers Club Area or through the Web Check-in form and get 100 Bonus Points!".  However, to my knowledge, I've never received any bonus points, even though I've confirmed details in the past.

Currently, my Web Check-In has been down for some time (anyone know why?), and I don't see an option to "confirm details" through the MSC Voyagers Club Area.

Has anyone had any success claiming the bonus points as offered by MSC?

8 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I've received a numbers of messages from MSC stating, "Update or confirm your contact details before your cruise in the MSC Voyagers Club Area or through the Web Check-in form and get 100 Bonus Points!".  However, to my knowledge, I've never received any bonus points, even though I've confirmed details in the past.

Currently, my Web Check-In has been down for some time (anyone know why?), and I don't see an option to "confirm details" through the MSC Voyagers Club Area.

Has anyone had any success claiming the bonus points as offered by MSC?

ive Never been given my 100 points for confirming  never ever so it will be interesting to see if anyone has 

I can never "update" the contact details before sailing but I always contact the VC office in the UK to have the bonus points added after every cruise (I also use it as an opportunity to confirm our points count tallies with theirs as the website just shows me as Classic, despite having over 35,000 points).  They've added them every time without question.

You would have to email the VC and ask about them.

We've had our bonus points added if they have been missing, I've emailed VC in UK and they've always added them on. 

10 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

We've had our bonus points added if they have been missing, I've emailed VC in UK and they've always added them on. 

What email address do you use to contact VC? I have tried using the "contact form" but after entering my query it refuses to send it.

2 hours ago, stephenSJ said:

What email address do you use to contact VC? I have tried using the "contact form" but after entering my query it refuses to send it.

The email address that CruisingFox is referring to is the one for the UK:  mscclubuk@msccruises.co.uk

All my emails ask me to update my details for 100 bonus points too, on emailing them to ask why they were not issued, I was advised they are only issued on return from the cruise.

Chase up after your return if they do not get added, there is no point emailing before the cruise.

you supposedly get the points after the cruise  - if not call them

The web check in only works if you log out of your account and use the web check in link at the very bottom of the home page (see other threads about this)

3 hours ago, dexddd said:

We've never gotten it either.

to be honest with the status match working I shouldn't have bothered as they then moved my online account to the correct country of my home address and my German booking was not visible anymore  - just to book extra items... I kind of liked having the whole thing in one place - even though I had to use auto translate on the web browser. 

On 6/28/2019 at 11:04 AM, GazZebo said:

you supposedly get the points after the cruise  - if not call them

The web check in only works if you log out of your account and use the web check in link at the very bottom of the home page (see other threads about this)

Not seeing a web check-in at the bottom of the home page.  Maybe I'm just missing it?

11 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Not seeing a web check-in at the bottom of the home page.  Maybe I'm just missing it?

depends which country website you're using - the uk one its at the top, manage booking area, german site its at the bottom

get the web checkin link from your account (which doesnt work) and then log out and paste the link into another browser session or on another computer better... without logging into your account first

After reading this thread, I contacted them (via the website) because I didn't see 100 points for either my Divina or Armonia sailings.  Yesterday, I received an email stating...

After review of your points, you were given the 100 bonus points for one of your cruises. I have added it for the other.

Not sure I agree, but I'm not going to argue with them, especially since it took almost 3 months for a response!  I'll take the 100 points.  When I return on 9/23 from Armonia, I'll try to remember to go back and check and see that I've been given another 100 points for that sailing.

So, thanks to OP for pointing this out.