Cruise Critic Community
finny2

Aft Balcony on Getaway, did you have any noise problems?

If you had an aft balcony room on the Getaway, did you experience any problem with noise or vibrations?

Not at all.  We had an Aft Balcony on Deck 9 with no noise or vibrations.  Absolutely loved it.

Not at all.  Loved it so much, booked the same cabin agwin. 

We were on Deck 10. No noise but one morning when we were docking there was a strong vibration for a couple

minutes. We also experienced a little soot on the balcony furniture a few mornings. Other than that we loved the aft location.

Posted (edited)

Disclaimer:  I didn't catch the entire announcement from the captain, but I believe it was something to the effect of:  We had to stop in the middle of nowhere for a few hours because of an engine issue, and as a result we basically had to "floor it" to get to the next stop on time.  (This must have happened multiple times, because there were a few nights like this.) 

So that being said, I did indeed get a LOT of noise and vibration on a few nights, to the point that it was literally knocking full bottles of water off the counter.  There was also frequently a strong exhaust/soot smell in the air, even with the balcony door closed. 

At the time, I figured that was just normal for an aft balcony and decided I wouldn't get one again.  But now, I suspect that probably wasn't normal.  

I think I was on deck 12, IIRC, and I did also notice some noise from Spice2O at night. 

Edited by EleventyBangBang

Thanks, this is what I was thinking. I've seen a few complaints about noise on Aft balconies, but I expected it would not be that common or NCL would not be able sell them for more money.

I was in an aft balcony on Deck 13, and there was noise from the nightly dance party at Spice H2O. It lasted from about 9:30 until midnight. If you are a late night person and maybe even planning to go to those dance parties, then it will not be a problem for you. If you want to get to bed early and are a light sleeper, then bring earplugs and/or use a white noise app on your phone. 

I didn't notice any unusual vibrations.

I absolutely LOVED my aft balcony, and I spent lots of time out there watching the water, enjoying the sunset, and even stargazing late at night.