London Uber experience

jhagen

Will be in London in late October 2019 and need to get to LHR on a Sunday morning. Any recent experience with Uber? Especially Sunday AM. Would you think they would be easy to find around 8 AM on Sunday?. Ever used the Uber Reservations ahead of time in London? Any thoughts or experience please?

As far as I know the ban on UBER was turned, so theoretically, they should be around as long as you have the app. I would be tempted to use the train system to get to Heathrow, as it is very easy to use (depending on how much luggage and where you are actually staying in London). 

Uber are not popular in London with many people, especially the real London cabbies well regulated and trained - the hardest exam to pass,  the knowledge . Why risk a cowboy operator in a clapped out Nissan who may not be licenced or insured for LHR to save a few quid or get lost when you could experience a real professional driver or a proper car service if the tube is not an option due to luggage carrying. Other journeys in London use the tube or a black cab.

On 6/29/2019 at 7:06 PM, Heidi13 said:

In London, if we ship our cases to LHR, we take the Tube. If we have cases we book a fixed price limo with Addison Lee. Great service and much cheaper than London cabs.

Heidi13,

Looks like Addison Lee would be good. Cheaper to use their Prius rather than the Executive car. Both say they will take 2 people and 2 bags. We will have two large (26 inch/50 Lb) bags.

Would you think the Prius would work?

Thanks in advance.

jhagen

43 minutes ago, jhagen said:

Heidi13,

Looks like Addison Lee would be good. Cheaper to use their Prius rather than the Executive car. Both say they will take 2 people and 2 bags. We will have two large (26 inch/50 Lb) bags.

Thanks in advance.

jhagen

Never been in a Prius, but we booked the basic car, both times receiving a Ford Galaxy - about the size of a Ford Fusion, but an SUV version. It seated 5 people with a rear door and large boot which easily took our 4 large cases and hand luggage.

7 hours ago, jhagen said:

Heidi13,

Thanks in advance.

jhagen

jhagen please forgive me stepping on this thread.  I went to OPHS and lived there for eight years.  Hard to find people there now.  

23 hours ago, notalandlover said:

jhagen please forgive me stepping on this thread.  I went to OPHS and lived there for eight years.  Hard to find people there now.  

No problem 'notalandlover'. Is big and crowded now.

On 7/15/2019 at 2:37 PM, phoenix_dream said:

Can anyone give me an idea of what it might cost to use Addison Lee for transport to or from Southampton to LHR?  There will be three adults, with the typical cruise luggage.

I looked at their website and got a good idea of the cost. Depends greatly on the size of automobile you need. I did find that going to their UK website works better for me to get a quote.

On 7/15/2019 at 11:37 AM, phoenix_dream said:

Can anyone give me an idea of what it might cost to use Addison Lee for transport to or from Southampton to LHR?  There will be three adults, with the typical cruise luggage.

Suggest checking their website - https://www.addisonlee.com/

Both times we used them we received a Ford Galaxy, which was comfortable for 3 adults & tons of luggage.