Premium Plus beverage package

This is my first sailing on NCL.  We received the Premium Plus upgrade as one of the free upgrades.  Does this include shots or just drinks by the glass?  I like to have my margaritas with a shot of Grand Marnier floating on top.  Will this be extra or included?

Thanks!!

Pretty much any drink $15 or less*. So shots as long as the liquor is under the price. Not sure on if the float would put your margarita over the $15 (prob depends on what tequila you use), but you could alternatively just order a margarita and then order a shot of grand marnier and pour it in yourself (I'm pretty sure GM is under $15).

Any drink over $15 you pay the difference plus 20%. So if the drink is $17 you'd pay $2.40 for it.

*Doesn't include specialty coffee, bottled water, drink vending machines, minibar, fresh juice... I think it might exclude using an energy drink as a mixer too, but I don't drink them so couldn't say for sure. 

On 6/28/2019 at 1:23 PM, smplybcause said:

Pretty much any drink $15 or less*. So shots as long as the liquor is under the price. Not sure on if the float would put your margarita over the $15 (prob depends on what tequila you use), but you could alternatively just order a margarita and then order a shot of grand marnier and pour it in yourself (I'm pretty sure GM is under $15).

Any drink over $15 you pay the difference plus 20%. So if the drink is $17 you'd pay $2.40 for it.

*Doesn't include specialty coffee, bottled water, drink vending machines, minibar, fresh juice... I think it might exclude using an energy drink as a mixer too, but I don't drink them so couldn't say for sure. 

OP said Premium Plus Beverage Package, which if not mistaken is up to $35/drink, including a bottle of wine for dinner (starred on the wine list).  I'm assuming that a shot of Grand Marnier would be under  the $35 threshold.

17 minutes ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

OP said Premium Plus Beverage Package, which if not mistaken is up to $35/drink, including a bottle of wine for dinner (starred on the wine list).  I'm assuming that a shot of Grand Marnier would be under  the $35 threshold.

Whoops! I forgot there's a few sailings that can get the plus as a promo. So used to just the regular one being the promo.

That Premium PLUS package is not the same as the Basic Premium one:

LINK:

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

The PLUS package is not mentioned - - -

The PLUS package costs about $30 dollars more per person per day in addition to the basic package.

I understand it includes just about every drink on the ship including specialty coffee and bottle water. 

On 6/28/2019 at 11:10 AM, bosoxfan5 said:

This is my first sailing on NCL.  We received the Premium Plus upgrade as one of the free upgrades.  Does this include shots or just drinks by the glass?  I like to have my margaritas with a shot of Grand Marnier floating on top.  Will this be extra or included?

Thanks!!

Do you mean Upgrade or Perk?

Check your reservation do you have the Premium or Premium Plus Beverage package?

The Plus package costs an additional $35/day when you include the service charges.  So for two people that's an extra $490 upfront on a 7 night cruise. That's a lot of extra shots, bottle water and specialty coffees.

You can go to ncl.com to see the items included in the packages. I don't know if Grand Marnier is on the standard option list for the complimentary Premium beverage package. 

13 hours ago, Nola26 said:

The Plus package costs an additional $35/day when you include the service charges.  So for two people that's an extra $490 upfront on a 7 night cruise. That's a lot of extra shots, bottle water and specialty coffees.

If you think about it, $35/day is not so much considering each bottle of water costs $5 give or take? If you drink 3 bottles of water, a couple specialty coffees and get a bottle of wine at dinner, or even a glass or two of Champagne for $35/glass, it makes a little bit of sense.  I work in the liquor and fine wine industry, so for me, it definitely is worth it to be able to drink the better wines and especially better Bourbons, instead of looking at them on the bar and drooling over that bottle, instead of saying "make it a double"!  🙂

4 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

If you think about it, $35/day is not so much considering each bottle of water costs $5 give or take? If you drink 3 bottles of water, a couple specialty coffees and get a bottle of wine at dinner, or even a glass or two of Champagne for $35/glass, it makes a little bit of sense.  I work in the liquor and fine wine industry, so for me, it definitely is worth it to be able to drink the better wines and especially better Bourbons, instead of looking at them on the bar and drooling over that bottle, instead of saying "make it a double"!  🙂

The fee for Premium+ is equivalent to having the following:

10 Specialty coffees 

24 1-liter bottles water package

3 smaller bottles of water from a bar

70 $5 drink upcharge ($4+$1 service charges), that's 5 times a day for each person, after you each consumed 2 liters of bottled water and a coffee. 

Additionally you also want to break even on the $138pp service charges paid on the original Premium Beverage Package included as the perk, so that's another 28 upcharges per person.

I agree that some decide that this is the deal for them. But generally taking the plan included as the perk and paying a la carte for extras is a better economic decision and will likely lead to less drinking just to feel like you got your money's worth.