Platinum Status Error?

TVLady3

My son and I both have 72 days of cruising Carnival. We are going on the 8 night sailing on the Sunrise in a few weeks.

I printed out our edocs & luggage tags and mine says Priority Platinum but his say Priority Gold! WHAT the?

I called my PVP and she pulled up both our accounts and confirmed both of us have identical cruise days.

She advised me to wait till I get on the ship it must be a glitch in the system.

We are both in the same cabin and any Platinum Perks should be the same, RIGHT?

Should I just wait an Board the way she suggested or call a different department? HELP!

I disagree with the last poster. I would call Carnival now and address/correct the situation. The most common reason this situation happens is a person has more than one VIFP account number, but there are other possibilities. No matter what the problem is, I would take care of it now and not wait until I was on the ship. 

• Like 3

I agree with Philly. At least worth a try to call. The chaos of the first day on the ship makes me want to avoid any guest services issues! And, personally, I would for sure want it fixed on the first day. 

We all know sometimes it takes a second or third try with different people to get the right answer!

• Like 1

I would also call Carnival now to address the situation and get it corrected.  The reason I would address it now is because too many times when trying to get various issues addressed at Guest Services when on board, I was told by Guest Services that were unable to do anything and that I would have to wait until returning home from the cruise and call Carnival in order to get the issue resolved.  One issue specifically was VIFP status and Guest Services on board said they were unable to do anything.  I hope you get your son's VIFP status promptly corrected and that y'all will have an enjoyable cruise.

Edited by Florida Paesano
eta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I disagree with the last poster. I would call Carnival now and address/correct the situation. The most common reason this situation happens is a person has more than one VIFP account number, but there are other possibilities. No matter what the problem is, I would take care of it now and not wait until I was on the ship. 

I agree. This is something that should be corrected before you arrive.  Getting that first platinum card is a special moment for many people, so why not go ahead and have it corrected.  It will save time when you get there as well.

• Like 1

Same as above - work it out now. I doubt the guest services desk on board will be able resolve it anyway. They will need to work with people in the Miami office anyway, and they tend to just communicate through email. In the meantime, he wouldn't get the free drink coupon, the pin, or the cool VIFP lanyard until it is resolved. It'll just be aggravation you don't need.

Of course, if you want an excuse to use the shorter Priority guest services line,  this would certainly be one 😉 

You guys worry too much. It will probably work itself out, if not go to guest services on board and ask for the platinum card.  Mine is blue every other time I board,but they always fix it. Usually give me a free drink coupon for the "trouble"...

I would call again. On our January cruise DH’s documents were messed up. I’m platinum so his said “priority” at the top because he gets to benefit from it too. He is gold however his documents had him as a first time cruiser. I called our PVP. I guess DH somehow had a second VIFP number created so he was able to get rid of that one and put it under his gold VIFP number. Once it was fixed, his documents still said priority, but he was changed to gold. 

• Like 1

Before calling, I would sign into the Carnival website and check the manage my VIFP Club button to view the status of both accounts.  Then if that shows a discrepancy, I would call prior to the cruise.

If days at sea totals are identical, I wouldn't bother doing anything.  It's not like you'll be missing any Plat perks if the totals agree?  Maybe a bag of free laundry, and a quick trip to GS armed with your printout of VIFP status/days/history should fix that ASAP.

Edited by evandbob

On 6/28/2019 at 11:13 AM, TVLady3 said:

My son and I both have 72 days of cruising Carnival. We are going on the 8 night sailing on the Sunrise in a few weeks.

I printed out our edocs & luggage tags and mine says Priority Platinum but his say Priority Gold! WHAT the?

I called my PVP and she pulled up both our accounts and confirmed both of us have identical cruise days.

She advised me to wait till I get on the ship it must be a glitch in the system.

We are both in the same cabin and any Platinum Perks should be the same, RIGHT?

Should I just wait an Board the way she suggested or call a different department? HELP!

Sounds like you PVP does not want to do a little work. Maybe you need a new one. this sounds like a one phone call or email fix by her and she does not want to do the work.

First PLATINUM cruise I was cruising with a lady that was already PLATINUM. I told her I thought I was PLATINUM and she marched my butt down to the purser who took my gold card disappeared for a few minutes and came back with a PLATINUM card, apologizing up and down. Later that evening an officer came to our cabin with a bottle of wine and apologized profusely again. Kudos to Carnival for setting an error straight the American business way.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2019 at 1:08 PM, Florida Paesano said:

I would also call Carnival now to address the situation and get it corrected.  The reason I would address it now is because too many times when trying to get various issues addressed at Guest Services when on board, I was told by Guest Services that were unable to do anything and that I would have to wait until returning home from the cruise and call Carnival in order to get the issue resolved.  One issue specifically was VIFP status and Guest Services on board said they were unable to do anything.  I hope you get your son's VIFP status promptly corrected and that y'all will have an enjoyable cruise.

I had an issue, went to GS, and they had to contact Carnival Headquarters to get it resolved.  Took 3 days on the ship.  Get it resolved now.

OK everyone, this is an update to my post!

It took a couple of calls to get to the right person an department BUT I finally got it straightened out.

My sons account was missing his VIFP number on one of our cruises. So now it's all taken care of and I just need to print out his edocs that show him as being Platinum!

Thank you for all your suggestions!

• Like 1