Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
cruisinisforme

Problem signing in at celebrity.com

is anyone else having a problem getting onto their account?  I can get to the website and i can navigate around the website but whenever I go to logon to my celebrity.com account it gives me a big black screen

Posted (edited)

I had no troubles signing in seems fine?

some times if you do not sign out and just close the page

it will lock up for 15 or 20 min

Edited by Gail & Dan

Just logged in fine and looking at my account now.  Maybe not global problem ... I am in Canada... but I still get directed to the US site.  Mine was acting a little wonky yesterday as it kept wanting me to 'find' my reservation after I was already in it and selecting the Cruise Planner section ... ummmm I was jut in my reservation so why do I need to find it???

Trials and tribulations of our online travels.

I have been having the same problem trying to sign in, black screen on and off since Thursday.

I cannot sign In using Chrome.  No problem with Safari.

I had that problem on and off yesterday.  Perhaps  (and this is just speculation) the server was overloaded with traffic because of the sale in the Cruise Planner.   In any event, the problem is on Celebrity’s end, whether or not everyone is experiencing it.  Again, it was not constant.

it doesnt seem like everyone has the problem, but at one point they tried to tell me it was my internet.  my sister also cant get in and another friend i have in florida is having the same problem.  it has to be their website, they keep saying it is our internet.  

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, cruisinisforme said:

it doesnt seem like everyone has the problem, but at one point they tried to tell me it was my internet.  my sister also cant get in and another friend i have in florida is having the same problem.  it has to be their website, they keep saying it is our internet.  

Companies always like to blame someone else.   I had the problem on and off yesterday as I reported above.  I just tried to sign on and got the blank black screen in both Chrome and Edge.   And I'm not in Florida, nor in Schenectady; the problem is on Celebrity's end, it is not our internet, which is working fine on all other sites.  Their IT is awful, as we all know.

Edited to add: and now, about 10 minutes later, I can sign in on Edge.   It's an intermittent problem, and it's on Celebrity's end.

Edited by Turtles06

You might try a different browser.   I just signed in with no problem.  

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

You might try a different browser.   I just signed in with no problem.  

Jim, as several of us have reported, it’s an intermittent problem.  If you hit the server at a good time, you got in. 

And someone posted about ten minutes ago on the Cruise Planner Sale thread that when they tried to sign in, they got a “website down for maintenance” message. 

I have been having this problem for a month. I went on to to the community website and see that CC has issued a workaround for those having problems. You have to go to cruisecritic.com and sign in at the main site, then you can proceed to any of the boards.

5 minutes ago, Knolmom said:

I have been having this problem for a month. I went on to to the community website and see that CC has issued a workaround for those having problems. You have to go to cruisecritic.com and sign in at the main site, then you can proceed to any of the boards.

This thread is about people having problems signing on to Celebrity's web site, not the Cruise Critic message boards.

After four days still cannot get into my documents or cruise personaliser

I'm trying hard to book a cruise and I've had a profile for years.  I can't see my Captain's Club number and it's saying that we've only been on one cruise with Celebrity.  I wish they would get it together with their website!

Captain’s Club said to try putting your  captain’s club number  in manually

I was able to put my DH's # in but it said mine did not exist. I called Celebrity and they are aware of the problem and are working on it.  Glad I have a screen shot of all our past cruises. I just had a cruise repriced and the invoice has my CC# on it.

46 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I was able to put my DH's # in but it said mine did not exist. I called Celebrity and they are aware of the problem and are working on it.  Glad I have a screen shot of all our past cruises. I just had a cruise repriced and the invoice has my CC# on it.

This is a great idea....I am going to do this as well as get my husband's number.  

1 hour ago, Alakegirl said:

Captain’s Club said to try putting your  captain’s club number  in manually

Thanks Alakegirl....I found my CC number and I was able to get my stuff to come back up.

Since last  night I've been getting the following error when trying to sign in:

"We've got your info. However, we're unable to bring up your account right now, so please try again later."

If I click on "Check In" it shows an outage screen with the following message:

"Sorry I missed you, I’m currently on a cruise for some much needed down-time. Be back soon!"

I've tried different browsers and on mobile.

I haven't been able to log in to the Celebrity site for days now. When logging in I get a message at the bottom of the screen saying they have my information, and to try to login later. No access to my account for our upcoming 9/1 cruise on the Summit since last Friday. 

18 minutes ago, bermadu22 said:

I haven't been able to log in to the Celebrity site for days now. When logging in I get a message at the bottom of the screen saying they have my information, and to try to login later. No access to my account for our upcoming 9/1 cruise on the Summit since last Friday. 

I just got the same absurd message.  (Tried on both browsers on my laptop, Edge and Chrome.)  Ridiculous.   We're on the Summit cruise after yours.  Let's hope this is fixed before either of those cruises.  

My CC# and past cruises are back but the total # of CC points I have is not showing.

Just noticed that our CC points are now finally correct.  The sun does shine in some places.  😉