Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Chiliburn

Who is our new Royal Caribbean ship

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

From November 2  2021 through to June 8 2022  there’s a unknown 4th RoyalCaribbean ship regularly booked for circular quay and it does a overnight.

 It’s not the usual radiance,not Ovation or voyager (voyager looks like it’s here year round???)

 The link From Sydney port takes you to Quantam of the seas website. Is it Quantum ?

or is it oasis 5 ( melody of the seas)that should be finished then.

Edited by Chiliburn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

From November 2  2021 through to June 8 2022  there’s a unknown 4th RoyalCaribbean ship regularly booked for circular quay and it does a overnight.

 It’s not the usual radiance,not Ovation or voyager (voyager looks like it’s here year round???)

 The link From Sydney port takes you to Quantam of the seas website. Is it Quantum ?

or is it oasis 5 ( melody of the seas)that should be finished then.

We are booked on Serenade in Feb 2021, maybe she is coming back, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

We are booked on Serenade in Feb 2021, maybe she is coming back, 

I don’t think they would have two radiance class in Sydney.

 It suggests a Quantum class,Odyssey is going to the east coast USA.

Maybe oasis 5 which will be launched about then will go to China and we will get Quantum of the seas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t think they would have two radiance class in Sydney.

 It suggests a Quantum class,Odyssey is going to the east coast USA.

Maybe oasis 5 which will be launched about then will go to China and we will get Quantum of the seas.

 

It will most likely be the same as 2020.

 

Ovation, Voyager and Serenade in Sydney. Radiance in Brisbane.

 

I imagine RCI are just keeping their options open in case there is enough Sydney demand that they need to replace Serenade with a bigger ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

 

It will most likely be the same as 2020.

 

Ovation, Voyager and Serenade in Sydney. Radiance in Brisbane.

 

I imagine RCI are just keeping their options open in case there is enough Sydney demand that they need to replace Serenade with a bigger ship.

Except that this takes the count to 4 ships out of Sydney and with overnights.  Is it likely that RCCL are chasing an around the world itinerary?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

 

It will most likely be the same as 2020.

 

Ovation, Voyager and Serenade in Sydney. Radiance in Brisbane.

 

I imagine RCI are just keeping their options open in case there is enough Sydney demand that they need to replace Serenade with a bigger ship.

There’s the usual 3 ships plus a 4th regular booking for Royal Caribbean that starts The 2nd November 21and ends 8th June 2022.

The first 3 ships are named radiance,voyager and ovation.

The 4th ship is unnamed and there’s a link on Sydney port schedules that takes you to Quantum of the seas

Edited by Chiliburn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

There’s the usual 3 ships plus a 4th regular booking for Royal Caribbean that starts The 2nd November 21and ends 8th June 2022.

The first 3 ships are named radiance,voyager and ovation.

The 4th ship is unnamed and there’s a link on Sydney port schedules that takes you to Quantum of the seas

 

I'm looking at the Port Authority of NSW cruise ship schedule for that period and I can only see OPT bookings for three different RCI ships. Ovation, Voyager and "Unnamed vessel". I don't see Radiance in Sydney mentioned and it would seem to make more sense for her to go back to Brisbane for the 2021/22 season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cruise lines often make bookings in case a particular plan may eventuate and keep their options open. I wouldn't be surprised if a fourth ship arrives but it would only be speculation until they announce something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

 

I'm looking at the Port Authority of NSW cruise ship schedule for that period and I can only see OPT bookings for three different RCI ships. Ovation, Voyager and "Unnamed vessel". I don't see Radiance in Sydney mentioned and it would seem to make more sense for her to go back to Brisbane for the 2021/22 season.

 

Agreed. Only 3 RCL ships are shown in Sydney. The Unnamed one is Serenade, or another replacement.

 

There is no 4th ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your right,I thought I saw a radiance class .

But Its interesting how the link takes you to Quantum 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe its a smaller RCL ship to do cruises out of Melbourne. Seriously, nothing much is sailing out of this port. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Maybe its a smaller RCL ship to do cruises out of Melbourne. Seriously, nothing much is sailing out of this port. 

 

For 2020/21 Melbourne gets Celebrity Eclipse, Sapphire Princess and the Queen Elizabeth.

 

Most likely it will be similar for 2021/22, which is not too shabby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sapphire doesn't really do many returns to Melbourne. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think they would bring an oasis class down here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me either, I think nothing more is coming, and they have just put a place holder in until a few other regions have been sorted first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Other thing interesting is RCCL; is going to be here in Sydney until JUNE.. Most of there ships dissappear by Early April. Another 2 months.. with Carnival & P&O having full ship's over winter, there could be a change???

Even Carnival increasing there sized ship from spirit to Splendor. It would be interesting....

 

ps: Had a lot of RCCL & a few Celebrity cruises on The Spirit 2 weeks ago.. Very nice people at The CC catch-up....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hunter69 said:

The Other thing interesting is RCCL; is going to be here in Sydney until JUNE.. Most of there ships dissappear by Early April. Another 2 months.. with Carnival & P&O having full ship's over winter, there could be a change???

Even Carnival increasing there sized ship from spirit to Splendor. It would be interesting....

 

ps: Had a lot of RCCL & a few Celebrity cruises on The Spirit 2 weeks ago.. Very nice people at The CC catch-up....

 

good stuff, I find the CC meet ups are  great way to put faces to names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Hunter69 said:

The Other thing interesting is RCCL; is going to be here in Sydney until JUNE.. Most of there ships dissappear by Early April. Another 2 months.. with Carnival & P&O having full ship's over winter, there could be a change???

Even Carnival increasing there sized ship from spirit to Splendor. It would be interesting....

 

ps: Had a lot of RCCL & a few Celebrity cruises on The Spirit 2 weeks ago.. Very nice people at The CC catch-up....

 

There’s a market there in winter, with all the new ships they have to do something with the older ones.

 

Edited by Chiliburn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2019 at 8:43 AM, GUT2407 said:

We are booked on Serenade in Feb 2021, maybe she is coming back, 

My go to first online TA is advertising Perth/NZ/Syd bottom end fly cruise Mar 2021, 18 night, from $2799 on Serenade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lyndarra said:

My go to first online TA is advertising Perth/NZ/Syd bottom end fly cruise Mar 2021, 18 night, from $2799 on Serenade.

Yep we’re on that b2b with the top end. The price was too good to resist, about $1000 all up less than our circumnavigation on Diamond Princess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Yep we’re on that b2b with the top end. The price was too good to resist, about $1000 all up less than our circumnavigation on Diamond Princess

I thought that may have been the case as you don't fly. I've, so far,  done 3 half navigation cruises, 1 round the top and 2 the bottom. I would do it again if the price is right and I have the time and some different ports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I thought that may have been the case as you don't fly. I've, so far,  done 3 half navigation cruises, 1 round the top and 2 the bottom. I would do it again if the price is right and I have the time and some different ports.

We looked at Indian Pacific for one way, but the complete cruise was less $$$$ so we just made the sacrifice. There are a few different Ports to last time, probably about 1 in 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

That train trip is ridiculously expensive.

Yep I’d love to do it, but a couple of days in a train cost more than a couple of weeks on a Ship, hard to justify when you’ve done the trip by vehicle already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Yep I’d love to do it, but a couple of days in a train cost more than a couple of weeks on a Ship, hard to justify when you’ve done the trip by vehicle already.

Exactly, it is not like you haven't seen it (the landscape) already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...