Cruise Critic Community
wlbox

Medallion vs cruise card and Platinum internet minutes

Our first Medallion cruise is coming up in a few months.  My husband has a pacemaker and does not want the Medallion.   

Can we still have access to our free Platinum internet minutes without the Medallion?    Or will I have to get a Medallion?

Can we both just get a cruise card?    Very confusing...

The Medallion will not be a problem with a pacemaker.  You will still get your internet minutes.  You may or may not be able to get a card instead of the Medallion.  It depends on the ship and how far along it is in the upgrade.

The ocean medallion is not tied to the internet on board the ship. The Ocean Medallion (The metal round thing) is for getting on and off the ship, unlocking your cabin door, ordering drinks and more around the ship.  It's confusing because they named the new internet Medallion Net.  A ship can have Medallion Net and not be Medallion Class cruise  (usually for just a short time before Ocean Medallion is up and running)

53 minutes ago, wlbox said:

Our first Medallion cruise is coming up in a few months.  My husband has a pacemaker and does not want the Medallion.   

Can we still have access to our free Platinum internet minutes without the Medallion?    Or will I have to get a Medallion?

Can we both just get a cruise card?    Very confusing...

I was on the Caribbean Princess in January and was told keep the Medallion 6 inches away from the pacemaker.

You can request a cruise card if you want one. Enjoy your cruise and have a great time.

Tony

You just sign in like usual to get your free minutes. You will get a choice between having the free minutes and having a discount to upgrade to unlimited internet. If you stick with the free minutes, be sure to go to logout.com and look for the logout message. Otherwise your minutes will be gobbled up. The internet café host will be able to restore them for you, but it is a nuisance.