Water question

feeallen

1 minute ago, blueskadoo said:

Piggybacking off this topic...can you order more water from the Fun Shops once you are underway? 

From Carnivals Q and A site.

Carnival’s  Liquor and Beverage Policy states that guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles.

We know some of our guests are accustomed to bringing on board their own supply of bottled water, so for your convenience, purified bottled water can be pre-purchased prior to your cruise by visiting The Fun Shops. Water will be delivered to your stateroom on embarkation day. Bottled water may also be purchased on board by contacting Room Service. Once on board, your purchase is non-refundable; you may take home any unopened bottles.

13 hours ago, glrounds said:

The reason for the prohibition on bottled water and soft drinks is to combat passengers trying to bring booze onboard in bottles. My guess.

13 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

You guessed right. 

I believe it was last year where Royal Caribbean changed their policy where you can bring up 12 bottles of non-acholic beverages.  They don't seem to be having a problem with policy.  On our last cruise I took advantage of this, and brought onboard 12 bottles of water.

Now if they offered a water package at the price that Carnival does, I wouldn't have bothered.

• Like 1

You can also purchase bottled water from any of the bars on the ship.  Small or large bottles.  They're included and unlimited if you have the Cheers program. They don't count against max 15 drinks per day.  That applies to alcoholic beverages only.

I'm surprise that we haven't seen a multitude of posts instructing us in how to fill an empty wine bottle with booze and seal the top perfectly to appear unopened. Each guest still allowed ONE wine bottle onboard.

14 hours ago, crzndeb said:

You can also bring water in cans. I like sparkling water (La Croix, Bubbly, etc.).

Awesome! Thx for pointing this out as I love sparkling water too & will definitely bring some aboard! 

Everybody’s tasted buds are different, and there are definitely different tasting waters. I can drink the ship water if it is ice cold, but at room temp, yuck. And not everyone wants to run up to the Lido everytime they want some water. If it’s a port intensive cruise, it’s nice to bring a couple of bottles along with you. You can go through a 12 pack pretty quickly.