formal nights

delgirl

7 hours ago, Clodia said:

I'm on that Canaries cruise after the worldie, and I'll be dressing up in long sparkly gowns. I'm actually a Naturist, so don't dress at all when it's warm enough, but there's something about cruising Formal Nights and I love to dress up for them!

Thank you, we will look out for you then in April.

5 hours ago, brian1 said:

Your OH must wear a dicky bow then.

Good one Brian, I do like that quote,  easy on the garlic over there in Italy, it does strange things to one,  or are you mixing too often with the 'Colonials' over on that other forum?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I know,I'm trying to take P&O to the level of a Carryon film.

Do not forget that Carry on Cruising was filmed on a P&O ship. It is all part of their heritage.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

I love formal nights, it is about the only time we get the chance to really dress up these days. Even in expensive restaurants at home, the tendency is to dress down. We have 7 formal nights on our forthcoming cruise and I would be perfectly happy if there were more :classic_smile:

• Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 9:54 AM, Clodia said:

Thanks folks! I'm only naturist on my balcony if it's not overlooked! On deck i wear a tan through swimsuit; not the most flattering but it avoids those dreaded tanlines!

Look out for those little bosuns chair blokes.They will be lining up for overtime.

On 8/2/2019 at 5:54 PM, Clodia said:

Thanks folks! I'm only naturist on my balcony if it's not overlooked! On deck i wear a tan through swimsuit; not the most flattering but it avoids those dreaded tanlines!

Sounds exciting, just don't enlighten anyone as to your cabin number as they issue binoculars to pax in balcony cabins on P&O.😍

Edited by NSWP

On 8/2/2019 at 9:36 AM, brian1 said:

So I can carry on then.

Do you remember Harry Secombe had won a jackpot on the pools but was not knowledgeable about social etiquette.  He turned up for dinner completely naked and said "Someone told me that we don't dress for dinner".

Regards John

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Officeboy said:

Going on B927 cruise shortly there are 4 formal nights is there any where it tells me if any are themed, Cunard include it in the Itinerary 

One will be 'black and white'. Other than that, formal nights are not usually themed.

You can't always tell even if you find the page on the P&O website that tells you the number of formal and themed evenings- assuming it's still on the new website.  One cruise we were on stated just a 60s/70s evening, no Black and White evening.  So what happened, there was a Black and White evening which no-one knew about in advance apart from the crew, so the number of women wearing black and white was minimal.  I'd taken my black and white jacket that I've worn for quite a number of years just in case.  This isn't a problem if travelling from Southampton but if flying wouldn't want to take things that I might not need.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, annieuk said:

You can't always tell even if you find the page on the P&O website that tells you the number of formal and themed evenings- assuming it's still on the new website.  One cruise we were on stated just a 60s/70s evening, no Black and White evening.  So what happened, there was a Black and White evening which no-one knew about in advance apart from the crew, so the number of women wearing black and white was minimal.  I'd taken my black and white jacket that I've worn for quite a number of years just in case.  This isn't a problem if travelling from Southampton but if flying wouldn't want to take things that I might not need.

Thanks Annie, I don't own any suitable black clothes at the moment so may have to keep a look out for something just in case. It does seem silly for P&O not to tell people in advance!

• 1 month later...