Which airlines does NCL use for free/reduced air?

Jasonmom

5 hours ago, Jasonmom said:

Guess topic says it all 😜

I can only tell you about our upcoming Alaska Cruise.  We are booked on a non-stop Air Canada flight to Vancouver and a one connection Alaska Air returning from Anchorage for $99pp.  I have read in other post NCL also uses American and Delta.  I think it is all based on price.  Our original return itinerary was a 14 hour, overnight, 2 connection nightmare.  I called their travel department and got it changed to possibly the best option available.

Honestly I'm not concerned on who the carrier is as we've flown on most domestic/international providers ex YVR.
Our flights are costing us $99.00 total for flying from YVR to MIA and then LAX back to YVR with our 16 day PC crossing. We'll either try to upgrade our seats or just go with what we have.
We're on a 16 day cruise and have plenty of time to relax.
Those on a 7 day really need to add in timetables +costs to come in day earlier + hotel/restaurant/cab.
Honestly it would be difficult decision to make if it was a cross-country trip especially if was in the winter months - done that an a umm no.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, farjar said:

I can only tell you about our upcoming Alaska Cruise.  We are booked on a non-stop Air Canada flight to Vancouver and a one connection Alaska Air returning from Anchorage for $99pp.  I have read in other post NCL also uses American and Delta.  I think it is all based on price.  Our original return itinerary was a 14 hour, overnight, 2 connection nightmare.  I called their travel department and got it changed to possibly the best option available.

Did you have to wait till the flight numbers and airline was assigned?  I'm asking because on my summary an itinerary shows up Vancouver to Toronto to Atlanta to Birmingham - and when I called they said I had to do a deviation email which I have had no response to.  Should I call again and wait for a long time?

16 minutes ago, ddlb said:

Did you have to wait till the flight numbers and airline was assigned?  I'm asking because on my summary an itinerary shows up Vancouver to Toronto to Atlanta to Birmingham - and when I called they said I had to do a deviation email which I have had no response to.  Should I call again and wait for a long time?

Our original itinerary showed up in our edocs under "air itinerary confirmation" about 80 days before the cruise showing the airlines, flight numbers and departure times. I was extremely upset with the return flights.  Before calling their air travel department, I went to most of the major airline sites to see what options might be available and would work best for us.  When I called NCL I waited 45 minutes on hold but finally spoke with a wonderful representative who changed our return flight.  Without me specifically asking she put us on the exact flights I would have chosen myself cutting our travel time in half.  I never communicated by email only by phone. It did take about a week before the new flights showed up in my paperwork since they also had to change the airport transfer information.  You might try calling again and see if you get the same response.  Sometimes different representatives give different answers.  We are now about 60 days out and are waiting for our reservation to actually be ticketed so we can go to the airlines' sites and pick our seats. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ddlb said:

I think you are looking at the wrong place in your travel documents.  Don't look under "travel summary" instead click on "download edocs".  That is where the full breakdown of your flights is.

12 hours ago, farjar said:

I think you are looking at the wrong place in your travel documents.  Don't look under "travel summary" instead click on "download edocs".  That is where the full breakdown of your flights is.

When I went to edocs it said not available.  This happened before I could not access edocs until my flight was assigned and it was like 9 days before the cruise!  So at this point all I have it that itinerary under summary.  But per your other suggestion I will see what flights are available besides the one I actuall did fine and was told United is not part of the premier air.  It's so confusing finding and figuring out all the flights available to tell them what I want.  Thanks for your responses!

20 minutes ago, ddlb said:

When I went to edocs it said not available.  This happened before I could not access edocs until my flight was assigned and it was like 9 days before the cruise!  So at this point all I have it that itinerary under summary.  But per your other suggestion I will see what flights are available besides the one I actuall did fine and was told United is not part of the premier air.  It's so confusing finding and figuring out all the flights available to tell them what I want.  Thanks for your responses!

"flight was assigned and it was like 9 days before the cruise!"  Oh dear lord what have I done.  I thought I would receive information atleast 40 days out.  I will be a nervous wreck.

Does this happen often?

On 7/1/2019 at 5:55 PM, ddlb said:

I know that you don't like that route, but flying from Birmingham you are not going to get much better. You are going to have to go to ATL and then there is at least one stop between there and YVR. It could be in SLC or SEA but that is about the best you are going to get.

The last time we went is was home to ATL to SEA to YVR. Coming home it was ANC to MIN to ATL to home. That is pretty much how it works from the southeast.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, zqvol said:

I know that you don't like that route, but flying from Birmingham you are not going to get much better. You are going to have to go to ATL and then there is at least one stop between there and YVR. It could be in SLC or SEA but that is about the best you are going to get.

The last time we went is was home to ATL to SEA to YVR. Coming home it was ANC to MIN to ATL to home. That is pretty much how it works from the southeast.

Thanks for your input.  My flight to Anchorage from B'ham is excellent  - one stop in Denver via I don't know what airlines- that info not available just the itinerary.  But I do see a Delta flights from Vancover home via SLC and ATL that at least gets me home the same day!  I've emailed premiumair@ncl.com 5 times now as I was instructed to do.  My other alternative is to use my Southwest points from Vancouver home but that would mean flying out next day and getting a hotel.  Bummer!  

1 hour ago, SailorMan20 said:

I got reduced air as part of My package as well. LIT to MIA. There will be layovers. Is that $99 pp roundtrip or one way?

It is $99 per person roundtrip regardless of connections or layovers.  You will automatically be charged for transfers arranged by NCL from the airport to the ship and from the ship back to the airport.  Price depends on the distance.  We are paying $20 per person each way or an additional $80 total on top of the $99 per person airfare. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, farjar said:

It is $99 per person roundtrip regardless of connections or layovers.  You will automatically be charged for transfers arranged by NCL from the airport to the ship and from the ship back to the airport.  Price depends on the distance.  We are paying $20 per person each way or an additional $80 total on top of the $99 per person airfare. 

I am paying for air devations. I will be going from Airport to hotel. I am flying in early by 2 days and leaving 2 days after cruise gets back.

3 hours ago, ddlb said:

Thanks for your input.  My flight to Anchorage from B'ham is excellent  - one stop in Denver via I don't know what airlines- that info not available just the itinerary.  But I do see a Delta flights from Vancover home via SLC and ATL that at least gets me home the same day!  I've emailed premiumair@ncl.com 5 times now as I was instructed to do.  My other alternative is to use my Southwest points from Vancouver home but that would mean flying out next day and getting a hotel.  Bummer!  

Just an FYI - Denver probably means that you are on United.

57 minutes ago, SailorMan20 said:

Does that mean I will be on American Airlines since I will be flying to Miami?

Not necessarily. The person I quoted had a connection in Denver, with Miami as a destination it could be anyone.

3 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Not necessarily. The person I quoted had a connection in Denver, with Miami as a destination it could be anyone.

I will have a connection before I get to Miami. I just hope it's not some crappy airline.

WE just learned, from our TA yesterday. Our flights have been assigned for our Oct sailing and they suck!!!!! We are separated from the other person we will be cruising with. She is flying Delta and has a wonderful schedule. We are flying AA, which is fine but our flight leaves at 5am with a long lay over at DFW. COming home we are stuck in Miami for hours as our flight doesn't leave MIA until about 4pm. We will probably have to make some change both directions or spend both before and after in a hotel DAMN TA is working on a change for us today.

Does anyone know why NCL hasn't gone to a DIY cruise air system like Carnival Corp and RCCL lines where you can book your own flights with access to their negotiated consolidator fares?

I helped a friend of mine book air for his upcoming Holland America cruise and there were scads of different airlines and routings to choose from. I'm too picky to leave my flight arrangements to anyone else to orchestrate!

• Like 1

On 7/4/2019 at 4:58 PM, JoLoves2Travel said:

I am going on a cruise in November and I have to flight from NY to Miami. So far the tickets are in the $300+ range! So in order to arrange a cheaper flight I would have to directly called NCL and tell them?

NCL sometimes runs deals for "free" or "reduced" airfare.  We just used it on our upcoming cruise.  Airfare is free for first two and $99 for 3rd passenger.  This is Charlotte NC to Miami.  No with using this you have to remember that if the airline charges extra for luggage you are responsible for that.  Also, NCL determines which flights and you won't find out till later.  You have to be ready for a red-eye or many layovers of varying length.  It's supposed to be at least 40 days prior to trip, but reading on here there was one person who was only 19 days out and didn't have their flight information yet.