Tequila!

15 minutes ago, toothy26 said:

Are Diamond club members able to order a shot of tequila as their drink toward the 3 drinks? Will a bartender give you salt and a lemon?

Should be no problem, but you will get the lowest end lighter fluid, I mean tequila.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Should be no problem, but you will get the lowest end lighter fluid, I mean tequila.

I think the OP is use to bad Tequila. The only reason to use salt and line ( lemon) is to kill taste of bad tequila. Good tequila requires nothing to mask the taste. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

LOL!!  Glad I was not sipping my coffee right now.  😉 

Edited by island lady

Living in Mexico part time I can tell you that the Tequila industry has come a long way.  Before they discovered that they could compete with other higher end liquors, it was so bad the only way to drink it was in a Margarita (lime and salt), shoot it very fast or shot with lime and salt to hide the taste.

Today good tequila is priced like a good scotch or bourbon.  Would you shoot your 12 year old Macallan?  

If you want to shoot, use the cheap stuff (lighter fluid) and salt and lime and wait for the hangover. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Living in Mexico part time I can tell you that the Tequila industry has come a long way.  Before they discovered that they could compete with other higher end liquors, it was so bad the only way to drink it was in a Margarita (lime and salt), shoot it very fast or shot with lime and salt to hide the taste.

Today good tequila is priced like a good scotch or bourbon.  Would you shoot your 12 year old Macallan?  

If you want to shoot, use the cheap stuff (lighter fluid) and salt and lime and wait for the hangover. 

Bang it with Squirt

4 hours ago, island lady said:

That was my understanding also.  Lemons?  no..no...lime please!  😉 

While I'm not personally a fan, a friend introduced an orange slice after tequila shot and several people I know have been converted. I'm just not a big orange fan in any aspect so I usually prefer a lime.