Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Why does Princess send out emails to Canadians advising them to ensure they don’t need a visa to transit through Canada?? Just got my “final notice” for our July 13 sailing. You’d think the computer could determine who needs those warnings and who doesn’t! It’s the 2nd or 3rd one I’ve received. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ifihadamilliondollars said:

Why does Princess send out emails to Canadians advising them to ensure they don’t need a visa to transit through Canada?? Just got my “final notice” for our July 13 sailing. You’d think the computer could determine who needs those warnings and who doesn’t! It’s the 2nd or 3rd one I’ve received. 

Why? Because it is easier and costs Princess less if they send it to all passengers on a cruise that goes to Canada, rather than checking the residential address of each passenger to see whether or not they should get the email. It is easier for passengers to discard or ignore an email that doesn't apply to them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ifihadamilliondollars said:

Why does Princess send out emails to Canadians advising them to ensure they don’t need a visa to transit through Canada?? Just got my “final notice” for our July 13 sailing. You’d think the computer could determine who needs those warnings and who doesn’t! It’s the 2nd or 3rd one I’ve received. 

Can you post the email?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does Princess send email to ME for "Christine" and mail to my wife for "Michael"? It's only been happening since some "personal vacation planner" at Princess called me one night. He said he had noticed I had looked at Princess cruises and wanted to know if I was interested in booking my "first" Princess cruise. At that time I told him I had already completed 10 (11?) Princess cruises and had 3 more booked. He was amazed. He had actually issued me a Captain's Circle number as a new cruiser. I told him to delete it and go away. Since then we have gotten lots of stupid email and about half of the emails are sent to my wife with my email address and to me using my wife's email address. They don't seem to have even the slightest clue...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Thrak said:

Why does Princess send email to ME for "Christine" and mail to my wife for "Michael"? It's only been happening since some "personal vacation planner" at Princess called me one night. He said he had noticed I had looked at Princess cruises and wanted to know if I was interested in booking my "first" Princess cruise. At that time I told him I had already completed 10 (11?) Princess cruises and had 3 more booked. He was amazed. He had actually issued me a Captain's Circle number as a new cruiser. I told him to delete it and go away. Since then we have gotten lots of stupid email and about half of the emails are sent to my wife with my email address and to me using my wife's email address. They don't seem to have even the slightest clue...

Simple bad data error.  One email is linked to Christine, the other linked to Michael.  The real magic is whether the bad data can easily be corrected or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, hobbyfarmer2 said:

Simple bad data error.  One email is linked to Christine, the other linked to Michael.  The real magic is whether the bad data can easily be corrected or not.

 

I've tried to get it fixed. Heck, they can't even fix the error that sends me "Happy Birthday Jill!" every year. I have never even known anybody named Jill.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Thrak said:

 

I've tried to get it fixed. Heck, they can't even fix the error that sends me "Happy Birthday Jill!" every year. I have never even known anybody named Jill.

Seems to be a disconnect between 1'st line and 2/3'rd line support......

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Thrak said:

 

I've tried to get it fixed. Heck, they can't even fix the error that sends me "Happy Birthday Jill!" every year. I have never even known anybody named Jill.

I really want to say something politically incorrect here but I won't. Just pretend I did and chuckle or be upset.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...