Cruise Critic Community
hellofromme

MSC Easy Package vs Premium on Armonia?

First time crusier, is the drink package worth it? If so, which one? I would say I'm am not a heavy drink, more moderate. Thanks!

51 minutes ago, hellofromme said:

First time crusier, is the drink package worth it? If so, which one? I would say I'm am not a heavy drink, more moderate. Thanks!

You can compare what's included at the website. All three alcoholic beverage packages are unlimited.. 

Easy is the most restrictive on what's included, although it's a decent selection and if you're good with basic drinks and brands, and all non-alcoholic ones, then it's more than enough. 

Premium adds many more options including mid and upper level brands, most all cocktails, all beers, more wine options, liqueurs, etc. 

Premium Plus - any and all drinks by the glass.

Only you know what you drink and which may suit your style.

For us, it would be at least Premium, as we enjoy many brands and drinks that aren't covered by Easy.  For many, Easy is they need/want. 

reedprincess has summed it up really well. We basically drink beer and wine with an occasional cocktail before dinner. We found the easy package suited us well. The wine selection was actually quite pleasant both white and red and there was full strength and lite beer. You need to count the number of coffees, sodas, juice and water in your daily intake to see if upgrading is worthwhile.

'Easy' covers drinks up to $6 and Premium up to $12.  Here's a link to a thread with the drinks menu showing the prices from Armonia (from post #35);  the Connoisseurs Selection page items are only included in PremiumPlus:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2641156-msc-yacht-club-feb-16-23-2019-compare-to-ncl-haven/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-56957236

On 7/1/2019 at 9:17 AM, sailco said:

reedprincess has summed it up really well. We basically drink beer and wine with an occasional cocktail before dinner. We found the easy package suited us well. The wine selection was actually quite pleasant both white and red and there was full strength and lite beer. You need to count the number of coffees, sodas, juice and water in your daily intake to see if upgrading is worthwhile.

Hi. Were any cocktails with alcohol in them available on the easy package. From what i have seen those seem to be over 6$. Thanks.

22 minutes ago, HPURN said:

Hi. Were any cocktails with alcohol in them available on the easy package. From what i have seen those seem to be over 6$. Thanks.

easy drinks.jpg

Epos Man: the menu you posted isn't in american money, but appears to be in euros?  Is this the menu on cruises leaving out of the US???? or Europe?

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, jamon said:

Epos Man: the menu you posted isn't in american money, but appears to be in euros?  Is this the menu on cruises leaving out of the US???? or Europe?

I've posted a link to the thread (in post #4 on this thread) where the photos of the menus from Armonia are.

Edited by Beamafar

8 hours ago, jamon said:

Cruises leaving out of Europe. On usa based cruises, it's in USD 

Those are the same exact cocktails covered by Easy regardless of the currency listed.  And any other you can think of that would by $6 and under.  (Not much). 

You can - as a workaround - order a frozen Non-alcoholic drink and a shot on the side and mix yourself. Or a drink like a nojito ans order the shot if run and mix.  

The 'easy' plan looks very limited.  Does anyone know if you can upgrade to the premium, if so, any idea of cost (got the easy with my booking).  Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, lakelivin2 said:

The 'easy' plan looks very limited.  Does anyone know if you can upgrade to the premium, if so, any idea of cost (got the easy with my booking).  Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can upgrade it's the cost difference between whatever plan you have and the higher plan you want to upgrade to.

In current USD, it's $27 to upgrade from Easy to Premium. Everyone (adults) in the cabin have to do so .

We just upgraded from Easy to Premium. For two adults the total price was $378 for the week--includes all taxes etc.