Cruise Critic Community
hop2it

Awaiting response from HAL

I'm wondering how long it might take to get a response to a simple question sent via the website e-mail link. I would have thought five days is sufficient. Also tried phoning but gave up after plowing through voicemail only to finally get busy signals.

3 hours ago, hop2it said:

I'm wondering how long it might take to get a response to a simple question sent via the website e-mail link. I would have thought five days is sufficient. Also tried phoning but gave up after plowing through voicemail only to finally get busy signals.

My last response via email took seven days.  Last phone call to the Mariner Society from Juneau took two minutes for answer with resolution immediately.

I usually get an answer the same day or the next. But that's from the Dutch office, probably less questions. I'm happy with the response time.

On a few occasions I've sent an email directly to Seattle and received a reply within 3 days.

7 hours ago, hop2it said:

If for some reason you would like the HAL response to be documented in an email, then I guess you have to wait.  I called into HAL last week as I was having trouble logging in, customer service representative couldn’t reset password so transferred me to mariner society all told took maybe ten minutes to go to two departments and resolution to my problem.  Call during the weekday best time to call.