Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
mertziek

Letter from NCL

Here’s a letter that’s weeks late but at least someone finally addressed their recent major problems!  Day late, dollar short!

A1668A93-081D-45F4-A1C8-070631C756DE.jpeg

There are 45 brand new reps at work with 60 more on the way. Can't wait to see the results.

Posted (edited)

Maybe 45 ways to give new answers to old questions - - -

SERIOUSLY - NCL is making efforts to improve their customer relations and it is gratifying to have a letter

explaining what has happen and what the remedy is to fix those customer issues.

All the best laid plans and then computer troubles and the US Government pulling the rug out from CUBA cruises !

Edited by don't-use-real-name

46 minutes ago, mugtech said:

There are 45 brand new reps at work with 60 more on the way. Can't wait to see the results.

I expect more chaos but encouraged that they finally acknowledged a problem existed.

Posted (edited)

I work in web-deliver services, and if I can give a suggestion to NCL; if they would just put Banner Announcement on the pages where people are looking for answers, where NCL knows that things aren't working, it would greatly cut down on the need for people to call and call and call.

Edited by Seafan22
typo

1 hour ago, mertziek said:

Here’s a letter that’s weeks late but at least someone finally addressed their recent major problems!  Day late, dollar short!

A1668A93-081D-45F4-A1C8-070631C756DE.jpeg

13 minutes ago, mertziek said:

I expect more chaos but encouraged that they finally acknowledged a problem existed.

The expression "damned if they do and damned if they don't" comes to mind.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Seafan22 said:

I work in web-deliver services, and if I can give a suggestion to NCL; if they would just put Banner Announcement on the pages where people are looking for answers, where NCL knows that things aren't working, it would greatly cut down on the need for people to call and call and call.

I agree 100%. Social media has been our primary source of info that NCL could have been provided with a simple banner.

Edited by mertziek

6 hours ago, mugtech said:

Hmmmm??? Increased DSC? Maybe $16.00 per person per day? Gratuity at 22%? Increase in Specialty dining, oh wait! that’s been done already. 🤔 

Getaway TA passengers waiting for their $300 air change/hotel reimbursement are now being told 50 day turnaround as only one person is working on them. I was told 15 days when I sent my receipts in May.

We were on the Pearl TA the next day and because of how they treated the Getaway cruisers, after my pre-booked Panama Canal cruise and sorry for that now, I don’t plan on sailing with them ever again.  I now have MSC and 2 Princess Cruises booked.  If they can do what they did to you cruisers, some who had to reschedule because of that crane accident,  then shame on them!  NCL are you listening?  We are Platinum + and done with you. 

@ZippeedeeI wrote to Ms. Ewalt a week or so ago re: my wait on the Getaway TA reimbursement that I submitted over a month ago.  Crickets are still chirping...lol

Thanks for the info!  Only one person at NCL working this issue???  Well, hopefully they'll re-task one of the new recruits to help...sigh.

Do you know if it's 50 WORKING days or just "50 days" because the form you submit clearly states to allow 15 WORKING days.

1 hour ago, tomk3212 said:

@ZippeedeeI wrote to Ms. Ewalt a week or so ago re: my wait on the Getaway TA reimbursement that I submitted over a month ago.  Crickets are still chirping...lol

Thanks for the info!  Only one person at NCL working this issue???  Well, hopefully they'll re-task one of the new recruits to help...sigh.

Do you know if it's 50 WORKING days or just "50 days" because the form you submit clearly states to allow 15 WORKING days.

Most likely 50 working days. I recently received an email that said they were sorry for my inconvenience and disappointment, my request had been approved and it would take three to four weeks to get a check. The email arrived at 35 business days from my receipt submission. Sounds like "don't hold your breath". 

10 hours ago, mertziek said:

So they should not have sent it?

It seems clear and transparent to me, and answers questions about several different problems. I have never seen NCL do this before, so I'm taking this as a good sign.

I wrote to Ms. Ewalt a week or so ago

I have written a large number of emails to Ms Ewart and some to Mr Stuart and am still waiting for replies.   I'm sure I will die waiting!!

I'm going to reiterate something I said on a previous thread. Don't wait to request your shareholder benefit. I'd grown accustomed to a quick turnaround. But it seems to be running 2 weeks, and I know someone who waited longer than that. Don't wait to get your request in, if the situation applies. 

Not throwing my NCL pom poms into this but at least she replied. Many gripe about lack of communication but you took it up to a level that got some feedback. GFY and I hope your next cruise (whoever you choose) is a great one.

If this is "transparency" I'll take opaqueness, thanks very much!

How much  bleeping effort would it have taken at the beginning of this debacle to prepare a "boiler-plate" reply/apology (like the posted copy) & then every day send it out to everyone who emailed you that day with an issue?  And adjusting the text of the boiler-plate as conditions change?  Answer: not a whole lot.

As I said in a previous post I was on the Getaway TA in April & we were given ONE WEEKS NOTICE that our 12 day cruise was being cut to 10 days & the two best port of calls were also being dropped.  Yes, NCL did restore those two stops but only after an avalanche of criticism here on CC.  Ditto the $300/pax compensation for hotel charges incurred.

Yes, a LOT of the issues cited in Ms. Ewalt's letter were beyond NCL's control (elimination of Cuba, their software  upgrade problems, etc) BUT that's why corporate senior executives (like Ms. Ewalt) get paid the "big bucks" to ANTICIPATE issues like these & prepare accordingly.  The fact that these issues have been ongoing for several WEEKS and we're only now getting this letter speaks volumes about NCL's ineptness.

"A day late and a dollar short" indeed!

10 hours ago, Zippeedee said:

Getaway TA passengers waiting for their $300 air change/hotel reimbursement are now being told 50 day turnaround as only one person is working on them. I was told 15 days when I sent my receipts in May.

That is nothing.  We waited 16 weeks for a refund from POA in 2016 and there were no other upsets at the time.

10 hours ago, fshagan said:

So they should not have sent it?

It seems clear and transparent to me, and answers questions about several different problems. I have never seen NCL do this before, so I'm taking this as a good sign.

Yes, they should have sent it out but much sooner and, in addition, posted it right away on their home page.  But I agree with you it is a good sign that they finally commented on it.

11 minutes ago, mertziek said:

Yes, they should have sent it out but much sooner and, in addition, posted it right away on their home page.  But I agree with you it is a good sign that they finally commented on it.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Probably best expressed as "A journey of a thousand miles begins with oar dipped in the sea"

God forbid you are chained to the oar waiting for NCL Customer Relations !

45 more Customer Relations representatives and more on the way - hope they are not laid

off prematurely when all is done fixing the issues - maybe they can answer the darn phones

within a minute or at least before the ship sails. 

We booked right before the trouble began. We asked for airfare arriving a day early. We were charged the $25 each and then it was mysteriously refunded. We have been waiting over a month to get the airfare put back to day before. Today my husband was told we cannot even cancel the cruise because of the problems. We don't sail until December but I am having doubts about this ever being corrected.