1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

I apologize to gerif.  (although "the blog" is never my go-to source for reliable information.)  I just checked elsewhere.

But now, Ken, you need to tell me why the date November 1 is stuck in my brain - what was THAT the start date for?

No idea what Nov. 1 was.  Maybe Bob knows.

8 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I apologize to gerif.  (although "the blog" is never my go-to source for reliable information.)  I just checked elsewhere.

But now, Ken, you need to tell me why the date November 1 is stuck in my brain - what was THAT the start date for?

Nov 1, 2018 they stopped giving the OBC for booking Non refundable deposits.  

On 7/3/2019 at 11:52 PM, Host Clarea said:

'Yes, you cannot get to the staterooms until they all open around 1pm.

Unless you are B2B sailing in same cabin.  Have been able to return to room after mandatory leave the ship and walk back on.

2 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Unless you are B2B sailing in same cabin.  Have been able to return to room after mandatory leave the ship and walk back on.

True, or you are in Star class, who also gets into their staterooms early.

I was able to get into my new cabin early on a b2b on Navigator last week. The new steward even helped me move my stuff since the first steward was not the brightest bulb in the lamp and didn't have a clue. The original steward didn't even leave luggage tags for the 2 people in my cabin that were not doing the b2b with me.

We were on the Anthem in November, 2018 and had a case of water in a duffle.  It wasn't delivered so we had to go to the "naughty room"  As soon as we opened the bag and showed a case of Dasani, they said we were okay and we took it to our room.

On 7/5/2019 at 4:48 PM, Host Clarea said:

True, or you are in Star class, who also gets into their staterooms early.

But if you can afford Star class, why would you carry on water????????

😄

On 7/1/2019 at 1:59 PM, Host Clarea said:

You're welcome.

Note that you are also allowed to bring two bottles of wine per stateroom, each no larger than 750ml.

I wish RCI wouldcopy Princess and let you order inexpensive water and/or canned drinks by the 12 bottle case. 

And 250 minutes free internet for Platinum. 

I alternate the lines, but sometimes it’s hard!

14 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I wish RCI wouldcopy Princess and let you order inexpensive water and/or canned drinks by the 12 bottle case.  ...

Agree.  It would be nice if they only charged 2x retail instead of 10x retail for the water.

11 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Agree.  It would be nice if they only charged 2x retail instead of 10x retail for the water.

Well to be honest the Evian at store is $11-13 a 6pak, $20-26 total for 12pak and on board it's $39 for a 12pak. Just grateful still able bring Mt Dew bottles on board, been doing it for 30yrs. Do like that on some NCL have bottled soda pop in vending machine

Edited by ONECRUISER
4 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Well to be honest the Evian at store is $11-13 a 6pak, $20-26 total for 12pak and on board it's $39 for a 12pak. Just grateful still able bring Mt Dew bottles on board, been doing it for 30yrs. Do like that on some NCL have bottled soda pop in vending machine

I wouldn't buy Evian.  I'd rather have the 500ml spring water bottles they used to sell at the bars for $2-$3.  We get 40 bottles for $5.

Still don't understand why people still want to lug & bring bottled water onboard a cruise ship.  I would wager that most if not all potable water onboard cruise ships are just as clean or cleaner than bottled water.  

Trust me, after thousands of days at sea onboard US Navy ships & 30+ cruise ships, never had an issue with onboard water.

Now bringing (or smuggling) in soda or alcohol onboard I totally understand... 

45 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

Still don't understand why people still want to lug & bring bottled water onboard a cruise ship.  I would wager that most if not all potable water onboard cruise ships are just as clean or cleaner than bottled water.  

Trust me, after thousands of days at sea onboard US Navy ships & 30+ cruise ships, never had an issue with onboard water.

Many people have issues with the ships water and have proven that drinking bottled spring water works for them.  Whether you understand or not is really irrelevant.  If drinking the ships water works for you, go for it, I will bring on my allowed spring water.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

I wouldn't buy Evian.  I'd rather have the 500ml spring water bottles they used to sell at the bars for $2-$3.  We get 40 bottles for $5.

No problem, I just get the case Evian for convenience and 1lt good size for me keep track my water intake. Think Royal's had those bottles over 25yrs, before that they had Perrier 

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Evian spelled backwards is naive 🤪

8 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

I can't speak for anyone else, for me it is all about the taste. The ships water taste dirty to me. I tried adding lemon, lime and even an orange, nothing helped.

I have well water at home, which I don't drink either due to the taste! I won't cook with it and if I found a way not to shower in it, I'd be much happier!!  :D 
I drink between 3 to 4 liters of water a day due to chronic kidney stones. 

On a side note... I am kinda picky as to the bottled water I drink too. Evian doesn't even make it on my list. And I also know a lot of people are not fans of Evian