Error in Deluxe Beverage package pricing?

Just now, awestover89 said:

Latest on Twitter: I'm so sorry for any miscommunication. We've made sure we're all on the same page so there's no confusion moving forward. Unfortunately, we won't be honoring that price, but we'll be offering 30% off to all sailings impacted by the glitch. -Candy

30% off all sailings?  Now that is going to cause even more confusion!  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, awestover89 said:

Latest on Twitter: I'm so sorry for any miscommunication. We've made sure we're all on the same page so there's no confusion moving forward. Unfortunately, we won't be honoring that price, but we'll be offering 30% off to all sailings impacted by the glitch. -Candy

Would that be Candy Floss?🤪

well, that does nothing for me since I already get 30% off if I book on the ship for Diamond Plus.  if they leave it like that until I actually want to book it that will be fine, but not going to book all of them now for that price

6 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

30% off what?  Are they going to say the regular price is $70 and offer it for $49 when most people can get it at that anyway if they continually check the prices.

they should issue everyone a 30% off promo code that they can use on top of whatever price they find.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

I'm assuming that it's 30% off Deluxe Drink Packages for all sailings and NOT actually 30% off the price of my existing sailing??? Talk about confusion and horrible  Social Media replies. --They should really limit who has access to social media accounts and confirm prior to sending out replies.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

Thirty percent off of what? The onboard price that almost nobody pays?  The $50 price in my cruise planner is supposedly twenty percent off of the onboard price. 

4 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

We should all go on Royal's web site at the same time and crash the darn thing ( am clueless about tech issues, but I would love to see it happen, if possible)😜.

I am no expert either but based on my experiences with their website it wouldn’t take much to crash it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, EgNyTeR said:

I'm assuming that it's 30% off Deluxe Drink Packages for all sailings and NOT actually 30% off the price of my existing sailing??? Talk about confusion and horrible  Social Media replies. --They should really limit who has access to social media accounts and confirm prior to sending out replies.

See, this is the EXACT confusion I was referring to above!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

30% off what?  Are they going to say the regular price is $70 and offer it for $49 when most people can get it at that anyway if they continually check the prices.

That's my guess. They'll keep the current prices and just change the flavor text to say 30% Off! instead of Buy one get one 50% off.

Still waiting for this elusive email that was supposed to come at 2, then at 5, then at 6

• Like 1

I truly believe that it would  cost RCI less to just let those who purchased the drink package for $18 keep it than to go through the PR disaster and costs to appropriately correct the error.  This is too big of an issue for them to not side with their customers. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, EgNyTeR said:

Yep, I took it as a joke from someone and it meant 30% of our cruise price!

• Like 1

Just now, Tasm3n said:

image.thumb.png.75b3a7a76fdcabbde0a33d4c973ed47e.png

Onboarding pricing, y'all.

Not surprised, but it's even a bigger kick in the teeth than I was expecting. They want you to think you're getting something special when I bet they were already planning a 30% off sale for the 4th

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, biomedbob said:

My cousin's hairdresser had a brother who's sister was once was married to a rental car mechanic who has connections with another mechanic in Miami and found some papers that Mr. Bayler left in one of his rented cars that have some phone numbers on it....some of which purported to be Bayler's secret office number.  I'm trying to obtain it so I can call him to get the straight skinny on this situation and report back here on CC.

You got to be kidding?  Seriously 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CruiseKeeper said:

IMO, onboard pricing is always higher than online.  More fuzzy RCI math.  

Or you could board and they would say we had a quota and we already reached it, you're SOL.