Cruise Critic Community
celoplyr

Error in Deluxe Beverage package pricing?

It’s not on any of my 2019 cruises and is not on my Jan 2020 Indy sailing. But I am glad I got it for my May 2020 Oasis cruise. And I did get an email confirmation from Cruise Planner, showing that price. 

Just now, dswallow said:

The price is cheaper than the refreshment package.

I know it... but it is the same price as it was for years at $18.. I meant a deal like this one is a deal. like $8-$10 a day.. would jump on it. 

Oh you lucky, lucky cruisers.

It is listed at $52 per day for my Nov 2019 cruise.

Dang it!

I feel like I should ask for a "found you a discount fee" with how many packages got booked!  Yay for everyone!  Crossing fingers that it gets honored.

I wonder if it is just on transatlantics, as we found on 2 of those we have booked, but no other cruises.

I knew there was a reason I checked CC every day! I just bought it for our May 31, 2020 cruise on HOTS. Canadian dollars so I was charged $23 a day. I guess as Canadians we will have to drink more. I will take it as a Canada Day gift! 

1 minute ago, JBSteelerfan said:

I wonder if it is just on transatlantics, as we found on 2 of those we have booked, but no other cruises.

No, mine is a Caribbean cruise.

Posted (edited)

I got the discount on 6 of my 12 upcoming sailings, only one of which is a TransAtlantic; February 2020 through November 2020. January 2020 and earlier was all normal pricing, and January 2021 and later is not available for sale yet.

Edited by dswallow

Thanks for the tip. I checked when OP first posted and it was still $57per day for our Symphony cruise, I checked again a few minutes ago and snagged it for $18. Unbelievable. Sure wish our Brilliance cruise in December would drop to that too. I noticed that the confirmation email listed it as “Deluxe Beverage Package Special Offer 21+“ instead of “Deluxe Beverage Package 21+”

Just checked my Booking order and it is showing as Deluxe Package Special Offer - 21 years and above, so fingers crossed

I just checked my 3 upcoming cruises. $44 on the Majesty, $49 on the Oasis and BINGO $18 on the Mariner. Quickly whipped out the card!

I went and checked my sailings when I saw this posted and none of mine were discounted.  I did notice that my crown and anchor number had fallen out of my account and I was missing a large portion of my prior cruises, though not all.  I added my crown and anchor number and all my past cruises are back, as well as my status.  Now when I check for the $18 deluxe package, I do see it on 2020 sailings, not 2019.  Very bizarre.

My C&A number was also out.  I added it back in but my package for our upcoming August cruise is still $55 CAD. Not bad but a far cry from the deal some of you are getting.  I'm happy for you all.

dp

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I went and checked my sailings when I saw this posted and none of mine were discounted.  I did notice that my crown and anchor number had fallen out of my account and I was missing a large portion of my prior cruises, though not all.  I added my crown and anchor number and all my past cruises are back, as well as my status.  Now when I check for the $18 deluxe package, I do see it on 2020 sailings, not 2019.  Very bizarre.

Not all 2020 sailings. My Indy in January shows $51

Wow, this deal makes me wish I was a drinker!  It's at that price for my summer 2020 Grandeur cruise.  The only beverage package I need is the classic soda package for my teenager, and I've already booked that at $8.99/day.  

Posted (edited)

dswallow found that it seems the 18% gratuity was somehow put into the price field.  Still wondering if they will honor this pricing glitch.

Edited by rhuntington3

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

That just happened to me. All my cruises were showing but my Crown and Anchor number was missing. I just added it back in. It was just weird, I have never had that happen before. 

Just checked my Jan 2020 Oasis sailing and it's still $51/day. Will keep refreshing and hope it changes!

30 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Guess it's  not on any 2019 sailings

I have enough cruises booked that I can tell you that it starts in February 2020.  🙂

Otherwise known as summer intern error, or whoever was filling in for the person on vacation this week. Got it for our October Oasis cruise! 

Another 2020 where the deal has appeared - Symphony - I had only checked it around 2 hrs ago and was $57, by chance having a quick scroll through here so quickly checked - now yep $18. Fabulous. Thanks for sharing!!! Cheers 🥂 🍺 

Posted (edited)

I booked it for my Oasis cruise in August 2020 for me and husband!! He’s so excited. We always get the soda package and only buy a couple alcoholic drinks because it’s so expensive. 

68F834D7-AA95-4B37-BF04-7EB6B8874657.gif

Edited by SaltyButSweet
Photo

Someone on Facebook posted that they booked it over the phone with Royal and were told it is a holiday promotion for 2020 sailings. Happy 4th! God bless America!

I have never made a purchase without research as fast I just did about half an hour ago. So far, 2 of our 4 cabins have grabbed it for Mariner Feb 2020.

GREAT CATCH OP, thank so much for posting!

9 minutes ago, allisonb22 said:

Just checked my Jan 2020 Oasis sailing and it's still $51/day. Will keep refreshing and hope it changes!

Make sure your crown and anchor number is in your account.  I only got the sale once I put the number back into my login.