Error in Deluxe Beverage package pricing?

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We like the refreshment package too but when the deluxe package is offered at the usual sale price of the refreshment package, it is a no brainer to get the deluxe package.

Quick question,

does the refreshment package have items NOT included in the deluxe beverage package?

Just now, molole said:

Quick question,

does the refreshment package have items NOT included in the deluxe beverage package?

No. Refreshment includes everything in soda and deluxe includes everything in refreshment.

• Like 1

Just now, molole said:

Quick question,

No, refreshment package has all the non-alcoholic options including specialty coffee, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, mocktails and smoothies and soda.  Deluxe just gives you the booze too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

So I wouldn't read too much into it, but their line on Social Media has changed again; they're now just saying people who booked the package should expect an email with more information in 3-4 hours. TBH that's the kind of wording they should have been using all along, rather than saying we will honor it/we won't honor it they should have just said "information will be coming" or something else equally vague.

People would still be upset, but better vague than blatantly backtracking

I think they are still going to cancel.  Unlike the messages that said they would honor the deal, they aren't deleting the messages that said they won't.

2 minutes ago, Tasm3n said:

I think they are still going to cancel.  Unlike the messages that said they would honor the deal, they aren't deleting the messages that said they won't.

I agree.  They are crafting a nice apology letter right now that will give us an idea of when the money will be refunded and tell us to enjoy our upcoming cruise🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, ChollaChick said:

We dont cruise often, in fact this is only the second cruise we have taken since the drink packages were offered.  I called RCCL to book because we already had the $44 drink package reserved.  I asked the rep who put me on hold to check if the $18 was a valid price and he said it was a special offer.  I bought it and cancelled my $44 package.  I honestly thought it was a special deal.  I had heard to watch for price decreases so that's what I did.  It will break my heart (and honestly DH's too) if the rescind and dont honor the price we paid.  

I hope you can work this out with Royal. This is something they should honor based on their mistakes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wtr_Logged_Isiot said:

My last RCI cruise which was admittedly 2 years ago, I noticed that they charge a transaction/processing fee which pretty much negated the 20% they offered pre cruise so it wasnt really a deal because that fee doesnt show up when you just buy on board for regular price. 

I’m thinking that fee is 18% gratuity???

4 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

I contacted m bayley. See attached non committal letter below. But reading between the lines, it is a glitch, and correct prices are showing now

Screenshot_20190702-164745.jpg

Very smooth. Sorta like Bernie Sanders, continuously asked how does he plan to pay for it and never answers the question. 

In my opinion. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Medic5emt said:

Looks like I missed out on a good offer. My June 2020 is still 54.00

I dont think youve missed out on anything except the "we're sorry but we're not honoring the 18.00 per day deluxe beverage package price" email everyone is about to get lol.  :) 

Its currently 56.00 pp pd for my upcoming cruise.  Been alternating between 52 and 56 for months.  

Edited by ryano

Guest BigRoger

Forgive my clear ignorance - what are (And were) people contacting RCI about? We found an offer in our cruise planner - it was great, we booked it.... that’s what happened..... 

I don’t get why this created so much ‘checking’ with RCI? I do though understand corporate behaviour and potentially what it has engendered... a situation where the behaviour of those people checking, rechecking, and checking again, contacting executives etc..... it has actually confirmed to RCI that people didn’t believe their luck and still don’t....it shows that you didn’t believe you should be allowed to benefit from the low price in the cruise planner  and hence you won’t be surprised when RCI don’t honour the prices....

I’m not saying anything would have been different in outcome, but why effectively show by your conduct you already believe you shouldn’t have got this....

1 minute ago, BigRoger said:

Forgive my clear ignorance - what are (And were) people contacting RCI about? We found an offer in our cruise planner - it was great, we booked it.... that’s what happened..... 

I don’t get why this created so much ‘checking’ with RCI? I do though understand corporate behaviour and potentially what it has engendered... a situation where the behaviour of those people checking, rechecking, and checking again, contacting executives etc..... it has actually confirmed to RCI that people didn’t believe their luck and still don’t....it shows that you didn’t believe you should be allowed to benefit from the low price in the cruise planner  and hence you won’t be surprised when RCI don’t honour the prices....

I’m not saying anything would have been different in outcome, but why effectively show by your conduct you already believe you shouldn’t have got this....

Most of the contacting Royal came after the back and forth of "it's legit... it's a glitch... we're honoring it... we're not honoring it" Most of the people contacting Royal now are just trying to get a straight, definitive answer of what's going on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

Most of the contacting Royal came after the back and forth of "it's legit... it's a glitch... we're honoring it... we're not honoring it" Most of the people contacting Royal now are just trying to get a straight, definitive answer of what's going on.

Plus a large number of TA's sail and frequent here.  As much fun as I like to poke at people saying the contacted RC about this or that in the Cruise Planner...it is always a good idea to be sure of something before offering to your clients

• Like 1