Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
celoplyr

Error in Deluxe Beverage package pricing?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, julsb6 said:

depending on the bartender and how far away the machine is, they will go get something they do not have for you.  but either way, the end result is still only 1 shot at a time.

 

Martini, Long Island Ice Tea, etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I would like a T-shirt that says: Beveragegate 2019  I payed full price, please move out of my way, I need to get to the bar to make sure I break even. 

 

dp

Edited by dpostman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 7/2/2019 at 12:32 PM, suesnake2002 said:

I HAVE CONTACTED CBS NEWS IN NEW YORK ABOUT A POSSIBLE BREAKING NEWS STORY. 

 

Biker- if I'm charged today and don't recieve a refund for say a week. I'm gonna contest charge cause refund did not go thru yet. And i won't have to pay and get a credit. The charge i use is for cruises only. I don't need or want a $900 credit

 

Why would you pay it in the first place if you know it's going to be credited? Any refund/credit will come through before the payment is due.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, newxmascruiser said:

I’m in the UK - no email for me still - different rules?! Hope not 

 

We got our email at 6pm . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, MandyMooToo said:

Annnd the "I wasn't able to book this rate but my friends were so I should get it too" complaints have already started on Twitter.  SMH.  One lady even had the to nerve to ask Royal if they were refusing to give her the rate because she is disabled...the amount of gall is astounding.

I saw that and people now complaining that they paid more for the Beverage Package than the Deluxe. What the same price for the Beverage. These days, people are too much. 

 

Free cokes and booze for all!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 12:32 PM, suesnake2002 said:

I HAVE CONTACTED CBS NEWS IN NEW YORK ABOUT A POSSIBLE BREAKING NEWS STORY. 

 

Biker- if I'm charged today and don't recieve a refund for say a week. I'm gonna contest charge cause refund did not go thru yet. And i won't have to pay and get a credit. The charge i use is for cruises only. I don't need or want a $900 credit

 

 

 

Just wondering what did CBS tell you ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DH and I were just discussing this and we're surprised because we understand mistakes.  They will figure out a way to make the difference up somehow.  May not see the same price drop on cabins, maybe not see as many sales on excursions and other packages.  Believe me, they figured out how to make up the difference.  Even at $18 I doubt we would see much, if any savings as we do our drinking in the DL or CL and usually have one Starbucks coffee per day.

 

I think it was pure human error.  Input gets output and someone didn't review before it went out.  

Edited by BND

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I saw that and people now complaining that they paid more for the Beverage Package than the Deluxe. What the same price for the Beverage. These days, people are too much. 

 

Free cokes and booze for all!!!!

Well honestly if they saw the sale, they should have cancelled out theirs and rebooked it.  I didn't buy the package for my daughter and her boyfriend as I still was kind of uncertain if they would really benefit all that much from it.  But thought about the fact the other was $28 and if they thought they might have even done non-alcoholic stuff it might have been work it.  But they have the sodas from having a boardwalk cabin anyway.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I saw that and people now complaining that they paid more for the Beverage Package than the Deluxe. What the same price for the Beverage. These days, people are too much. 

 

Free cokes and booze for all!!!!

Well, considering all the crowing done about the $18 deluxe I can understand why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

Well honestly if they saw the sale, they should have cancelled out theirs and rebooked it.  I didn't buy the package for my daughter and her boyfriend as I still was kind of uncertain if they would really benefit all that much from it.  But thought about the fact the other was $28 and if they thought they might have even done non-alcoholic stuff it might have been work it.  But they have the sodas from having a boardwalk cabin anyway.  

 

 

I don't know the answer so I will ask.

 

Why would they cancel the higher priced package then rebook the lower,  why not just book both and wait till the dust clears and cancel one of the packages.  I am not sure if the system would allow this or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheMiz said:

 

 

I don't know the answer so I will ask.

 

Why would they cancel the higher priced package then rebook the lower,  why not just book both and wait till the dust clears and cancel one of the packages.  I am not sure if the system would allow this or not.

The system won't allow multiple booking of the same product

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 11:32 AM, suesnake2002 said:

I HAVE CONTACTED CBS NEWS IN NEW YORK ABOUT A POSSIBLE BREAKING NEWS STORY. 

 

Biker- if I'm charged today and don't recieve a refund for say a week. I'm gonna contest charge cause refund did not go thru yet. And i won't have to pay and get a credit. The charge i use is for cruises only. I don't need or want a $900 credit

Are you going to contact CBS in NEW YORK again today and let them know what an upstanding company Royal Caribbean is??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Martini, Long Island Ice Tea, etc...

Great minds with the Long Island iced, tea, one of my favs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The system won't allow multiple booking of the same product

I think they meant the refreshment package was higher than the drink package during the glitch and TheMiz was saying they should have purchased the deluxe package at the $18 rate and wait to see what would happen, then cancel one or the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MandyMooToo said:

I think they meant the refreshment package was higher than the drink package during the glitch and TheMiz was saying they should have purchased the deluxe package at the $18 rate and wait to see what would happen, then cancel one or the other.

I wonder if you can book both the Deluxe and also the Beverage at the same time. You shouldn’t be able but we all know what great IT department exists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dat Cruisin Couple said:

 

@2Beeze

Chalk one up for David!

 

 Just got back from the office, the first thing I had is a notice about your posting. 💃🏼🕺🏼 I haven’t caught up with all the posts yet but I’m assuming things are really good. I’m glad that the effort people made paid off and I feel like they did. 😊😊 I am sure some did not react appropriately, but being unhappy and expressing it is directly and politely is absolutely a good thing. Many people wrote reasonable, sincere emails and reached out on social media. It turned into an issue of fairness and principle and it seems that RCL in the end agreed with that assessment. Looks like our decision to move loyalty to RCL was not a bad one 🙂 👏🏻👏🏻

 

I saw someone above said now the ones who didn’t get a deal are griping and I don’t get why;  I would not have cared if there had been a deal and I missed it - that has happened quite a lot! It isn’t an issue of what I get vs someone else, but rather it was an issue that we bought it, the rep said to friends it was legit, the FB reps said it was an error but that it would be honored, then they said it wouldn’t be (and those prior rep statements were removed).  That was wrong. Sometimes you are the windshield and sometimes you are the bug. I assume at the end of our lives it’s a wash 💁🏼‍♀️

Edited by 2Beeze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I read the whole thread to see how it turned out. I’m glad that they honored the price, it seems like they right thing to do. I’m just bummed that I didn’t see this thread in time to check my 2020 cruise. I’ll just have to wonder what might have been and hope that the Refreshment Package (what we usually get) goes down to $18-20 at some point before then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I wonder if you can book both the Deluxe and also the Beverage at the same time. You shouldn’t be able but we all know what great IT department exists. 

 

Yep.  Obviously anything is possible with Royal's website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I saw that and people now complaining that they paid more for the Beverage Package than the Deluxe. What the same price for the Beverage. These days, people are too much. 

 

Free cokes and booze for all!!!!

This is breaking news in the UK.

Royal are to honour the price.

Screenshot_20190703-224826.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one that is blown away by the behavior in this thread and on royals facebook? 

 

Instead of being long thankful that you can afford a cruise, some with more than one booked, instead adults chose to throw temper tantrums like a toddler. Being rude and nasty to their customer service people as if this was their fault. Going on Facebook acting like spoiled entitled brats. 

 

Now people are posting that they tried to buy it but the system wouldn’t let them so they should get it at the same price. People today are so ungrateful and it’s sad and pathetic. 

 

And bad bad customer service isn’t exclusive to the cruise lines. Call Disney’s customer service and I guarantee they will give you incorrect information. Not because they are trying to lie but because they simply don’t know better. They repeat what they are told. 

 

The post above that that basically says that if they were US based they would know the answers is insulting. To imply that because they may be overseas they must be stupid. Customer service agents are low man on the totem pole. They don’t get secret inside information. Changes don’t trickle down immediately so they stick with what they have already been told even if it may be incorrect. 

 

Seriously some of you should be embarrassed by your behavior. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

Am I the only one that is blown away by the behavior in this thread and on royals facebook? 

 

Instead of being long thankful that you can afford a cruise, some with more than one booked, instead adults chose to throw temper tantrums like a toddler. Being rude and nasty to their customer service people as if this was their fault. Going on Facebook acting like spoiled entitled brats. 

 

Now people are posting that they tried to buy it but the system wouldn’t let them so they should get it at the same price. People today are so ungrateful and it’s sad and pathetic. 

 

And bad bad customer service isn’t exclusive to the cruise lines. Call Disney’s customer service and I guarantee they will give you incorrect information. Not because they are trying to lie but because they simply don’t know better. They repeat what they are told. 

 

The post above that that basically says that if they were US based they would know the answers is insulting. To imply that because they may be overseas they must be stupid. Customer service agents are low man on the totem pole. They don’t get secret inside information. Changes don’t trickle down immediately so they stick with what they have already been told even if it may be incorrect. 

 

Seriously some of you should be embarrassed by your behavior. 

BREATHE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

Am I the only one that is blown away by the behavior in this thread and on royals facebook? 

 

Instead of being long thankful that you can afford a cruise, some with more than one booked, instead adults chose to throw temper tantrums like a toddler. Being rude and nasty to their customer service people as if this was their fault. Going on Facebook acting like spoiled entitled brats. 

 

Now people are posting that they tried to buy it but the system wouldn’t let them so they should get it at the same price. People today are so ungrateful and it’s sad and pathetic. 

 

And bad bad customer service isn’t exclusive to the cruise lines. Call Disney’s customer service and I guarantee they will give you incorrect information. Not because they are trying to lie but because they simply don’t know better. They repeat what they are told. 

 

The post above that that basically says that if they were US based they would know the answers is insulting. To imply that because they may be overseas they must be stupid. Customer service agents are low man on the totem pole. They don’t get secret inside information. Changes don’t trickle down immediately so they stick with what they have already been told even if it may be incorrect. 

 

Seriously some of you should be embarrassed by your behavior. 

 

When I read the post about the CS agents being overseas I assumed (and yes, I know what that gets you) that the poster was referring more to a language/nuance thing.  That maybe a native english speaker would have caught on to the fact that this was not the norm or that the overseas agents were only given a few short scripts to choose from, etc.  I did not think they were being terrible, at least I hope they were not.  But that may be because I do not personally think in that manner so I did not automatically read that into their post either.  

 

I do know that there have been many people flying off the handle and getting all het up about things but there have also been many people that have been kind and understanding about the situation.  And on the other hand, there have been a lot of persons with a nasty attitude toward the cruisers that deigned to book the package at such a low price and have been casting disparaging remarks toward them.  That is no different.

Edited by MandyMooToo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

 

And that is exactly what it says on the receipt.

 

If it was merely a pricing mistake, with the wrong number being entered in the code on the website, why do the receipts say "special offer 21+" on them?

 

"Glitch" doesn't describe that situation.

 

Perhaps an unintended avalanche of people purchasing the package, but it looks pretty deliberate when you think about it.

 

Maybe the "special offer" was supposed to be $38 per day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...