Anthem of the Seas Scotch for our Genie

We will be back on Anthem over Thanksgiving and will be taking a bottle of scotch to give to our genie for a thank you present.  Do you think we can talk our way thru security with it or will they confiscate it and return it the last day of the cruise?  Don't want to hear any negative comments about giving our genie something, we have been down that rabbit hole on other threads.  Just curious to know if anyone has gotten something like that past security.

Hopefully they will at least put the bottle on the ship to give it back at the end.  They have the right to dispose of it if it's brought on during initial embarkation.  I believe it says something like that in the FAQ area.

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Hopefully they will at least put the bottle on the ship to give it back at the end.  They have the right to dispose of it if it's brought on during initial embarkation.  I believe it says something like that in the FAQ area.

In typical Royal fashion it could be ambiguous but I think they are referring to disposing of alcohol concealed in containers like rum runners and mouthwash bottles.  It appears that excess will be returned to the stateroom on the last evening.

Guests are not allowed to bring beer or hard liquor onboard for consumption or any other use.

Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under the legal drinking age, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them. Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

On boarding day, guests may bring onboard two (2) 750 ml bottles of personal wine or champagne per stateroom in their carry-on luggage. If more than two bottles of wine or champagne are brought onboard, including any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or in our onboard shops, they will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on your last day onboard.

Guests on consecutive cruises may bring two (2) 750 ml bottles of personal wine or champagne per voyage, per stateroom. Additional bottles will be stored by the ship and two bottles at a time will be delivered to the stateroom on the first day of each new voyage. Guests bringing more than two bottles at the start of the first sailing should have documentation for any consecutive sailings available to share with security on boarding day.

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

In typical Royal fashion it could be ambiguous but I think they are referring to disposing of alcohol concealed in containers like rum runners and mouthwash bottles.  It appears that excess will be returned to the stateroom on the last evening.

Guests are not allowed to bring beer or hard liquor onboard for consumption or any other use.

Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned....

I don't know, this seems fairly clear.  At least enough so that I would not want to risk losing an expensive bottle of scotch.

8 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I don't know, this seems fairly clear.  At least enough so that I would not want to risk losing an expensive bottle of scotch.

But down below it also says this.  Does this mean they will return excess wine and champagne but not alcohol?  Definitely agree I would not risk it.  Easier to buy it at a port and get it delivered the last night.

On boarding day, guests may bring onboard two (2) 750 ml bottles of personal wine or champagne per stateroom in their carry-on luggage. If more than two bottles of wine or champagne are brought onboard, including any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or in our onboard shops, they will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on your last day onboard.

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

But down below it also says this.  Does this mean they will return excess wine and champagne but not alcohol?  Definitely agree I would not risk it.  Easier to buy it at a port and get it delivered the last night.

On boarding day, guests may bring onboard two (2) 750 ml bottles of personal wine or champagne per stateroom in their carry-on luggage. If more than two bottles of wine or champagne are brought onboard, including any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or in our onboard shops, they will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on your last day onboard.

Instead of bringing on the scotch at initial embarkation, I'd buy it at one of the ports.  Might be less expensive too.  That way it gets on the ship for sure.  Then the Genie can make arrangements to get it released from security.

• Like 1

1) You would (most likely) not be able to bring the scotch on at embarkation without it being confiscated. 

2) Bringing it on from a port, having it confiscated and then hoping the genie can get it seems stressful and complicated both for you and the genie. 

3) People in the service industry are happiest with cash tips.  Even if they are being polite and smiling as they take your gift - they would prefer cash 100% of the time.  

I appreciate all the answers.  I had not thought of purchasing a bottle during a stop, although the only stop would be Nassau for that purchase.  We know he likes scotch because we have had him before, November will be out third time, and have talked to him at great length.  I know money is good, and he will get that also.  Again, thanks for all the answers and information.

On NCL they would not allow us to use the OBC for gratuities and we bought 2 bottles the last night and were allowed to take them to our cabin.  That may work for OP.  Buy on ship final evening.