Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
AllAboardatSea

How does WiFi work, payment-wise

Sorry if this has been asked before. I tried searching but CC’s search feature isn’t real robust at filtering down. I’m going on Edge in 2 weeks and coming from Royal Caribbean as a diamond I have some questions.

I was on Celebrity once before in 2016 but I had pre-purchased the week’s WiFi then, and my situation will be a little different coming up. On Royal just as Celebrity, we get the discounts for WiFi, and it’s based on the daily or voyage price that day for the rest of the voyage (so it subtracts days as you go along). Does it work the same on Celebrity?

I’m trying to figure out whether to prepay the ‘discounted’ voyage price now, or wait until I’m onboard and pay on day 3 for the rest of the cruise, since that’s all I technically need it for (and get the elite level discount). If celebrity is all or nothing (I’d have to pay the whole 7 day rate), with the elite discount I’d still be ahead I think, right?

just looking for some recent insights on how their system works. Thanks

If you're elite and you want to get the Elite discount when pre-purchasing a package, you'll have to call the Captain's Club. The website can't handle it. If I were you, I'd wait until on board, use my 90 minutes Elite allowance, then purchase a package for the remainder of the cruise. If you go to the Internet room, they'll explain the options.

Posted (edited)

In our experience we outdone not use the Elite 90 mins and then get the discount on purchasing aPackage.   It was one or the other, not. Both.

Edited by jelayne
Typo

I would call the Captain's Club and book it with the 30% Elite discount.  If you wait until you get on board, I'm not sure you will be able to get the Elite discount.  🍷

If there are two of you in the cabin, both elite, as long as you don't mind only being able to use the internet one at a time, you can use one person's allowance for 90 minutes then the other person's  either for another 90 minutes or for the elite discount on the remaining part cruise package, which is still available on board. You have to wait until approximately half way through the cruise to get the part cruise offer.

Thanks. I’m the only elite in the cabin, so I guess I’ll call tomorrow and what the options are. From what you said above, it sounds like they offer a package halfway through the cruise that is discounted for the remaining days, is that right? But I couldn’t apply the 30% to that, it has to be done in advance?

3 hours ago, AllAboardatSea said:

Thanks. I’m the only elite in the cabin, so I guess I’ll call tomorrow and what the options are. From what you said above, it sounds like they offer a package halfway through the cruise that is discounted for the remaining days, is that right? But I couldn’t apply the 30% to that, it has to be done in advance?

You can still get the Elite discount on the short package.