Drink Vouchers Discountinued?

We are about to embark on our first cruise since Oct 2012. I could've sworn we were able to (and did) buy drink vouchers for alcoholic drinks (rather than the CHEERS package) for our last cruise, but I have searched the site and can't find that option anywhere. I know things change often on the cruise lines though, so I'm wondering if maybe these were continued awhile ago? I looked in the forums here too and couldn't find info about it either.

Just now, teknoge3k said:

I've never seen them. The only thing that I can think of that comes close, is the free drink coupon that gold and above cruisers get for the last day. 

Definitely not that. It was our first cruise, and was also not a gift from TA since we booked ourselves via the website. I believe they came in a book of 5.

• Like 2

They were discontinued years ago- they did not actually save you any money since they were dollar for dollar. 

Now you can buy cruise cash or bar cash to pre-fund your drinks if you like. 

Edited by Purvis1231
typo
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, mafiadon said:

I bought them years ago and still have 12 left sure wish I could use them but at the time they were worth something like $6.95. Drinks have certainly gone up in price

The last I heard, Carnival will still honor the vouchers- so book a cruise and use them!

• Like 2

I had a book of them when we went on our cruise in January.  I had read online that they would not accept them onboard any longer.  I reached out to customer service and after going up the chain of command was able to get onboard credit for the amount of vouchers that I had.

• Like 4

On 7/2/2019 at 9:54 AM, natalie_healyoursoul said:

We are about to embark on our first cruise since Oct 2012. I could've sworn we were able to (and did) buy drink vouchers for alcoholic drinks (rather than the CHEERS package) for our last cruise, but I have searched the site and can't find that option anywhere. I know things change often on the cruise lines though, so I'm wondering if maybe these were continued awhile ago? I looked in the forums here too and couldn't find info about it either.

I used to buy the sheet of drink coupons (4 or 5 coupons per sheet)  However, several years ago (2012 or 2013) they changed them to "Cruise Cash Bar".  I expected to receive 2 sets of bar coupons.  When I got on the ship my 2 sheets of drink coupons was $50 credit on my S&S card and use it or lose it.  I was doing B2B & wanted one set to go on each cruise account.  GS had to go through Miami headquarters to get the 2nd one switched  to the 2nd cruise.  Never again. 

• Like 1

My first Carnival cruise in March 2011 I bought the drink tickets - both the soda ones and the alcohol ones (and I was gifted a few from friends as a bon voyage treat). The only issue is you had to remember to bring them with you.

They were discontinued a few years back (maybe 2013?) and they gave 2 years to use them up. 

In this paperless age, they have gone the way of walkmans, vcrs, and pagers.

On 7/2/2019 at 11:27 AM, Purvis1231 said:

The last I heard, Carnival will still honor the vouchers- so book a cruise and use them!

Not any longer, the cut off date for redemption of the drink coupons tickets was Feb 1at 2017.  Anyone with any left now has a nice scrapbooking souvenir. 

On 7/2/2019 at 10:16 AM, natalie_healyoursoul said:

Definitely not that. It was our first cruise, and was also not a gift from TA since we booked ourselves via the website. I believe they came in a book of 5.

They did come in a pack of 5 and were bought through the funshops.  They are no longer available and havent been since atleast 2011.  I may have a picture of one somewhere.  

6 hours ago, maryred said:

Not any longer, the cut off date for redemption of the drink coupons tickets was Feb 1at 2017.  Anyone with any left now has a nice scrapbooking souvenir. 

The last I heard Carnival decided to continue to honor them as long as people had tickets with no expiration.