Did The Upgrade Fairy Totally Die Since RoyalUp?

11 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Why should they give it away for free now that they found a way to get extra $$ for it?

If people don't opt for the RoyalUp then it's possible to have rooms stay empty.  It was a fair question.....

• Like 1

Yes, this was Royal's new program idea to stop giving it away, ....more profitable when they can get pax trying to outbid each other for those upgrades.  $$$🤑

The sweet and beautiful freebie upgrade fairy has indeed been slayed by the Upbid Dragon.  😞  RIP sweet fairy.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Why should they give it away for free now that they found a way to get extra $$ for it?

2 hours ago, Luv06012012 said:

If people don't opt for the RoyalUp then it's possible to have rooms stay empty.  It was a fair question.....

I don't think that grandgeezer was criticizing you for asking the question.  I think  that she was emphasizing that RC is choosing additional profits over free giveaways. (veiled criticism of RC, not of you)

🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Yup...RCI latest additional money making program:  $$$ Success!!  

The noticeable thing on here is how enthusiastic people are to bid on Royal Up which will justify its introduction by RCCL.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

The noticeable thing on here is how enthusiastic people are to bid on Royal Up which will justify its introduction by RCCL.

Agree. For some reason, Royal Up seems to be very popular and those whose bids win react like they’ve won the lottery. 

• Like 1

I totally agree that there are so many opting for the bids feeling a bargain is to be had, that the days of the free upgrade are over.    Having said that, I never received one in the past, but I am only Diamond Plus.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, katiel53 said:

I totally agree that there are so many opting for the bids feeling a bargain is to be had, that the days of the free upgrade are over.    Having said that, I never received one in the past, but I am only Diamond Plus.

I bid at least half the time. Good times

I would never bid for an upgrade for a cabin, I don't have any idea where it's located on a ship. Now if I could say I will only upgrade to a mid-ship or semi-aft shift location that was only below other cabins, then I would definitely agree to it. 

On other cruiselines, I always say I'm available for an upsell. Some I've been offered, I've accepted and others I've rejected - but each time I had a specific cabin location. 

16 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Yup....just like the old song "Ya don't know what you got till it's gone".  😮 😞 

12 minutes ago, molole said:

She ignored me for years.  She was always dead to me.  :classic_angry:

She sprinkled fairy dust on me on one of my 11 night Serenade cruises about 4 years ago, going from my obviously desired hump D1 (found out whole group wanted center mid ship through European booking) to a JS for free.  

That was the one and only time.  

I did go to her funeral...she at least looked relaxed...no more work left for her to do.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since we can all agree, the Fairy has most likely passed away, I'm waiting for RCI to omit the verbiage from their C&A benefits.   Come on now, is it really a benefit if there is no chance of it being used?

Crown & Anchor Stateroom Upgrade Policy Our ships regularly sail at full capacity. Therefore, opportunities to upgrade are offered on a limited basis. If available, upgrades may be offered at the sole discretion of Royal Caribbean to Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club. To determine which members may be extended an upgrade, we will consider the member's Cruise Points and tier level, stateroom category paid and booking date. 

Has anyone received this benefit since the Royal Up program started?  If they have, I'll eat my hat.  

17 minutes ago, CruiseKeeper said:

Since we can all agree, the Fairy has most likely passed away, I'm waiting for RCI to omit the verbiage from their C&A benefits.   Come on now, is it really a benefit if there is no chance of it being used?

Crown & Anchor Stateroom Upgrade Policy Our ships regularly sail at full capacity. Therefore, opportunities to upgrade are offered on a limited basis. If available, upgrades may be offered at the sole discretion of Royal Caribbean to Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club. To determine which members may be extended an upgrade, we will consider the member's Cruise Points and tier level, stateroom category paid and booking date. 

Has anyone received this benefit since the Royal Up program started?  If they have, I'll eat my hat.  

You forgot the most important terms:

21. General Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program (“the Program”) or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You forgot the most important terms:

21. General Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program (“the Program”) or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

Right.  It's all just fairy dust.   

• Like 1