Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Looks like I just need to email a recent statement to ShareholderBenefit@ncl.com showing my ownership of at least 100 shares, do I need to block out any information? Carnival use to make me block out account numbers, which I thought was odd...

 

Can the OBC be used for anything? Like if bought CruiseNext certificates, would it apply towards those?
It cannot be applied towards the DSC correct? 

 

Anything else I should know? Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, CookieShip said:

Looks like I just need to email a recent statement to ShareholderBenefit@ncl.com showing my ownership of at least 100 shares, do I need to block out any information? Carnival use to make me block out account numbers, which I thought was odd...

 

Can the OBC be used for anything? Like if bought CruiseNext certificates, would it apply towards those?
It cannot be applied towards the DSC correct? 

 

Anything else I should know? Thanks

Nope, works as you describe though NCL does also insist you block out any account numbers. They typically reply in 2-3 days. Once on board your OBC essentially goes toward settlement of your final bill, so spend as you desire; I've never been told "oh no you can't buy xyz with your money sir", but it probably just washes out over various meals/drinks etc.

Edited by Notnewtoit
Link to post
Share on other sites

As others have said, yes you need to "block out" your account number. 

Once approved, the OBC will show up on your vacation summary when you log in to your NCL account.  In my past experiences the process would take a couple of days. But when I applied a few weeks ago, it actually took a good 7 to 10 days before I heard back. 

 

Edited by Chesneygirl
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Chesneygirl said:

As others have said, yes you need to "block out" your account number. 

Once approved, the OBC will show up on your vacation summary when you log in to your NCL account.  In my past experiences the process would take a couple of days. But when I applied a few weeks ago, it actually took a good 7 to 10 days before I heard back. 

 

I had the same experience, always within 2-3 days and then a couple of weeks ago it took a week, I was already onboard ship(last minute special)but got credit in time, that along with still waiting for last cruise to be added to cruise history.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the only thing they need to see is that you have at least 100 shares of NCLH. I block out all my other stocks that are on the statement as well as how much money is in the account, along with my account number. 

 

I've never been denied, credit for any rate I've booked or other promos. 

 

I believe you cannot use it for DSC if you're paying that onboard, but that's the only restriction I know about. 

 

They are running long in approving and applying so give yourself plenty of time, 2 weeks + turnaround. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

On a related note is NCL more restrictive with stockholder OBC than other lines like CCL?  Can I use it along with the various NCL promotions or with a casino rate?  Thanks

Nope, it can be used for whatever: casino, tours, specialty dining or in the gift shop. It can not be used for gratuities for obvious reasons. 

We always mail our request with the paperwork to NCL and within a week we have our email showing acceptance. We would black out any personal information like account number even if it wasn't required. Enjoy, it is always fun to get an OBC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 4:43 PM, Katie H said:

I applied on 6/18 and just received the OBC today, 7/2.

 

I'm glad to know it is taking longer to show up.  I've been waiting a couple of weeks with no response and in the past it would post within 24 hours.  I was thinking I might just have to give up and lose out on the OBC, but there still might be a chance it shows up!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ebay33 said:

 

I'm glad to know it is taking longer to show up.  I've been waiting a couple of weeks with no response and in the past it would post within 24 hours.  I was thinking I might just have to give up and lose out on the OBC, but there still might be a chance it shows up!

 

 

Yes, it is taking a while at the moment, but never lose out. Print your email with docs and the case number you got when you emailed Shareholder services with you. Go to the credit desk onboard. Have them email Shareholder services. They should even be able to apply it while you're onboard, as long as you submitted your info within a reasonable time pre-cruise. 

 

But, check your room account once aboard to make sure it's not magically there first. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...