Cruise Critic Community
ajtaylor29

New to Crystal - dining questions!

I was just going off the pre-cruise calendar and was surprised it was not on the sea day.  I only assumed it was related to the seas.  No official word on that though.

7 hours ago, 2cruiseagain said:

I was just going off the pre-cruise calendar and was surprised it was not on the sea day.  I only assumed it was related to the seas.  No official word on that though.

Do you remember what the daily Reflections Program showed when you boarded.  Each embarkation program includes a summary insert showing information by day including evening entertainment and evening attire (eg. Black Tie Optional or Crystal  Casual).

If it showed BTO for that third night than it was simply a discrepancy between the calendar on PCPC and the actual schedule on-board the ship.

Keith

16 hours ago, 2cruiseagain said:

Friends on board said it was moved once the cruise was underway due to anticipated rough weather which ended up being not as rough as anticipated. 

I don't have the Reflections, but you are probably right.  They didn't make an announcement or make a big deal out of it.  It just surprised me.  Thinking back, the cruise seems like a blissful blur.  A wonderful 8 days of celebrating, relaxing and exploring.  All the while employees knowing your name and serving your every need.  Amazing!  

21 hours ago, TER777 said:

And there is the assumption that women wear higher heeled shoes on BTO night...

That was the actual reason an officer gave me, as I and several women pointed at our flat or small-heeled shoes! It was in Reflections, but I saw several men in tux who said they didn't know about the change. But a bonus - they looked good for both nights. With women, it's less easy to tell if it's BTO night.