Cruise Critic Community
drtiny

Transportation options for Embassy Suites in Elizabeth NJ to cruise terminal

Posted (edited)

Anyone have suggestions for a family of 15 to be transported from Embassy Suites to the terminal?  My family and I will be staying there one night precruise.  We'll be cruising on Anthem embarking on a Saturday late morning next month.  I believe they may offer a shuttle at the hotel however it is not very money efficient.  Options  such a Uber, Lyft, limousine service, taxis  etc.  Please be as detailed as possible by naming a company if you can.

Edited by drtiny

4 hours ago, drtiny said:

Anyone have suggestions for a family of 15 to be transported from Embassy Suites to the terminal?  My family and I will be staying there one night precruise.  We'll be cruising on Anthem embarking on a Saturday late morning next month.  I believe they may offer a shuttle at the hotel however it is not very money efficient.  Options  such a Uber, Lyft, limousine service, taxis  etc.  Please be as detailed as possible by naming a company if you can.

Uber and Lyft have become very popular with cruisers to get to the port since, as you point out, paying $20/pp for the Embassy Suites shuttle is not cost effective for a group of 15.

Our best suggestion is to split up into multiple vehicles and plan to get to the port between 10 and 10:30 am.

9 hours ago, 138east said:

Uber and Lyft have become very popular with cruisers to get to the port since, as you point out, paying $20/pp for the Embassy Suites shuttle is not cost effective for a group of 15.

Our best suggestion is to split up into multiple vehicles and plan to get to the port between 10 and 10:30 am.

I would also agree to use Uber/Lyft and should be easy for the OP to arrange even based on the size of Uber's they'll need and their pricing will absolutely beat $20..pp. Each grouping can use their own Uber app to book.