Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
SailorMan20

Craziest thing You've ever seen happen on a Cruiseship?

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, ducklite said:


If it would be offensive to the majority of average people, it's too offensive to be worn in public.  I find a lot of things funny that I know that the average person would find offensive.  I have the common sense to not subject them to this "humor."  

 

So everyone has to vote?  Or how would you know that it is offensive to the majority of people?   Or are you personally "the majority"?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, awhcruiser said:

Like who?  

 

How about the person wearing it to start?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SRF said:

 

So everyone has to vote?  Or how would you know that it is offensive to the majority of people?   Or are you personally "the majority"?

 

 

 

People who wear things like that are either stupid, or too ignorant/rude to care that they are being offensive. Either way, it's sad that schools, theme parks, and cruise lines actually need to become babysitters to police those who were either poorly raised or poorly bred.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ducklite said:

 

People who wear things like that are either stupid, or too ignorant/rude to care that they are being offensive. Either way, it's sad that schools, theme parks, and cruise lines actually need to become babysitters to police those who were either poorly raised or poorly bred.

They do it for the attention, because they know it is offensive and they want to shock folks and have them looking at them, because they think they are cool.  Pretty sad that they have no moral compass.  I think Carnival is right in this policy, because if someone doesn't get it, they need to have someone tell them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best one I've seen was on one of those notorious one-day Vancouver to Seattle repos that some of the lines sailing out of Seattle have to do for PVSA reasons.  Canada Place being in its usual state of chaos on a four-ship day, the ship left two hours later than scheduled because there were still over 400 passengers in the security line at the scheduled departure time (we got there relatively early and it took us "only" two hours, but I heard it took some passengers as much as four hours in line to actually board the ship.)  So between the delays and the "party cruise" tendencies of one-day cruises, by the time the Muster drill happened there were a fair number of passengers taking advantage of the bar facilities.  At our muster station in the theater, three guys showed up to the drill wearing the Princess bathrobes and slippers, towels on their heads, Mardi Gras beads and each carrying a martini in their hand, and each presumably at least three sheets to the wind if not more.

 

I've also been on a repositioning cruise that left the day after one of those Seattle to Vancouver one-day cruises.  The Cruise Director was in attendance at the CC get-together, where he told us that they definitely have some stories to tell after those one-day cruises.  One example he cited from the previous cruise was passengers found still asleep in their staterooms after what was supposed to be the final embarkation time..

Edited by Vexorg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to think about the topic to come up with a good example.  Several years ago we were on a RCI cruise where one male passenger had this habit of buying drinks for everyone on deck, during sea days.  We are talking Radiance Class ships where there were hundreds sunning on deck and he picked-up the tab.  Within a few days his credit card cut him off and so did RCI (they tossed him off the ship at a Caribbean port).  After that it was a sad time on deck as we all had to pay for our own drinks (there were no drink packages in those days).

 

Hank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SRF said:

So everyone has to vote?  Or how would you know that it is offensive to the majority of people?   Or are you personally "the majority"?

 

I read an article a few months back (which I wish I could find it again to post the link) in which they had done a survey of people currently in their 20s to see what they find rude. 80% apparently do not find use of swear words offensive😂. The things they did find very offensive surprisingly was people using their phone whilst talking to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

 

I read an article a few months back (which I wish I could find it again to post the link) in which they had done a survey of people currently in their 20s to see what they find rude. 80% apparently do not find use of swear words offensive😂. The things they did find very offensive surprisingly was people using their phone whilst talking to you. 

 

Different generations, cultures, etc, etc find different things to be rude.

 

Personally, I don't care what you wear or don't wear.  It if funny, I will laugh.  If it is not funny, then I won't.  

 

I have other things to get upset about that what people wear or don't wear.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2019 at 5:43 AM, ducklite said:

 

People who wear things like that are either stupid, or too ignorant/rude to care that they are being offensive. Either way, it's sad that schools, theme parks, and cruise lines actually need to become babysitters to police those who were either poorly raised or poorly bred.

This.....There are plenty of other things to wear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2019 at 4:04 AM, SRF said:

 

How about the person wearing it to start?

 

That makes 1.....Anyone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2019 at 6:01 AM, ducklite said:

I wasn't on the cruise per se, but attended a wedding on board a ship before it left Miami.  We were in the MDR having the reception lunch and there was quite a commotion and the Captain came over the loudspeaker asking everyone to move to the starboard side of the ship and stay away from all windows.  Minutes later we heard a tremendous "BOOM" on the port side.


Turns out there were a couple of unidentified boxes sitting next to the ship on the pier.  They decided to blow them up rather than trying to move them.  It turned out they were replacement shower heads for the ship.

 

I suppose they wouldn't qualify as being water saving shower roses anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2019 at 6:33 PM, MicCanberra said:

So do you shave all over?

I don't see why some hair sticking out form a cossie is worse than some hair on a guys back or if someone hasn't cleaned the hair on their 

. If a person's pubes are hanging  out, that person looks like an exhibitionist to me.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, JMorris271 said:

. If a person's pubes are hanging  out, that person looks like an exhibitionist to me.

 

 

Perhaps that includes anyone in public then.

Can you tell me where pubes end and leg or back hair begins?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Can you tell me where pubes end and leg or back hair begins?

 

If it's normally hidden by a swimsuit, it's pubes.  If not, it's leg/stomach/back hair.  And by "swimsuit", I'm talking about something worn to a community swimming pool, not on "MTV Spring Break".

 

Edited to add: This applies mainly to women's swimsuits, since American men wear trunks that go almost to the knees, thus covering their leg hair.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2019 at 3:44 PM, awhcruiser said:

That makes 1.....Anyone else?

 

Haha, not me.  I just don't even get why anyone would argue this is OK.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

 

If it's normally hidden by a swimsuit, it's pubes.  If not, it's leg/stomach/back hair.  And by "swimsuit", I'm talking about something worn to a community swimming pool, not on "MTV Spring Break".

 

Edited to add: This applies mainly to women's swimsuits, since American men wear trunks that go almost to the knees, thus covering their leg hair.

Okay, then budgie smugglers (speedo's) are too brief then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Okay, then budgie smugglers (speedo's) are too brief then?

 

Depends on who is wearing them. 😀😀😀

 

Anyway, this is one of the oddest, um "hair" discussions I've seen on CC.  Lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ldubs said:

 

Depends on who is wearing them. 😀😀😀

 

Anyway, this is one of the oddest, um "hair" discussions I've seen on CC.  Lol.  

That is a rather bold statement to make, as just when you think you have read it all, someone will surprise you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

That is a rather bold statement to make, as just when you think you have read it all, someone will surprise you.

 

So true!  Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Okay, then budgie smugglers (speedo's) are too brief then?

 

It's a gray area, and I wasn't thinking of speedos when I made my post.  While they're not unacceptable, they're far from mainstream in North America.  The only people I've seen wearing them are professional swimmers (who need them to minimize water drag) and European tourists.  If you're looking for a broad answer, I'll say "too brief".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wear them all the time, although I normally wear board shorts over them for better sun protection on my legs. I will also wear speedo's as underwear, especially in hot humid climates (SE Asia) as they do not sweat  and cause chaffing, they also wash and dry really well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carnival ship around 2014.  Little boy 4 or 5 years old was taunting some family in a hot tub.  Had the appearance of large family reunion. The hot tub had 5 or 6 adults just enjoying the hot tub.  The kid was kind of getting annoying, walking up the stairs to the hot tub, making faces, talking like a bratty 5 year old, running back to the loungers then repeating the drill.  I was close enough to see the antics but far enough away so it didn't really impact me.  

 

Next trip up the stairs the kids reaches the top of the stairs, turns around, drops his swimsuit and proceeds to poop in the hot tub.  I have never seen a hot tub clear out so fast.  One second they were all relaxing, siping drinks and in a split second they were all in motion, climbing over the sides, getting the he.. out of that tub in record time.  

 

That tub was closed for the rest of the day.  I had been in both hot tubs in that area a couple of times before that.  After that I couldn't use any hot tub on the ship.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I wear them all the time, although I normally wear board shorts over them for better sun protection on my legs. I will also wear speedo's as underwear, especially in hot humid climates (SE Asia) as they do not sweat  and cause chaffing, they also wash and dry really well.

I find they caff worse, but always wear hen under my boardies, had too many accidents when the board shorts went west.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Carnival ship around 2014.  Little boy 4 or 5 years old was taunting some family in a hot tub.  Had the appearance of large family reunion. The hot tub had 5 or 6 adults just enjoying the hot tub.  The kid was kind of getting annoying, walking up the stairs to the hot tub, making faces, talking like a bratty 5 year old, running back to the loungers then repeating the drill.  I was close enough to see the antics but far enough away so it didn't really impact me.  

 

Next trip up the stairs the kids reaches the top of the stairs, turns around, drops his swimsuit and proceeds to poop in the hot tub.  I have never seen a hot tub clear out so fast.  One second they were all relaxing, siping drinks and in a split second they were all in motion, climbing over the sides, getting the he.. out of that tub in record time.  

 

That tub was closed for the rest of the day.  I had been in both hot tubs in that area a couple of times before that.  After that I couldn't use any hot tub on the ship.  

Hope the kid was taken to task via his family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We once had a CD who kept referring to girls wearing budgie Smaug goers till it was pointed out that shemales do not have a budgie, she turned all shades of red when the penny dropped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...