Price Drops

CozGurl

We're looking at a 5 night cruise that isn't too far from being 60 days out which I believe is when final payment is due. I've read several times on different boards here about price drops after final payment. Since we're so close anyway, do you think it would behoove me to wait another week or so until after final payment to see if there is a price drop? I know there is no magic ball, but what would you do?

If there is a price drop before final payment, they will take the difference off what you owe.  If you book an Early Saver rate, you can take advantage of any price drop up until just a few days before sailing.  Typically, if there is a price drop after final payment (and you don't have ES), you are not entitled to the new lower rate.  However, you can ask for it.  The worst that can happen is they say no.  This happened to us on another cruise line -- we asked for the lower rate after final payment, and we got 25% of the difference in OBC.

6 minutes ago, Tracey.kinney425 said:

What would cause his to be lower?

They offer people different offers. I also check everyones # before I book. There is almost always a difference. 

HTH, 

Donna

• Thanks 1

Do you feel lucky today-well do ya!

Ha!

60 days would be first week in September which usually has pretty depressed prices at least in the Caribbean. 

Answer might be different based on which cruise line, ship and destination. But in the past I have waited until about 52 days out and then made a move UNLESS you're not very flexible on which cruise you want to take. 

Also, are there going to be an July 4th sales?