Getting Wine on board

SpongeAlan

I was hoping I can get some clarity about the Wine policy.  I was going to bring several bottles on board.  I am completely aware that I will pay $15 for a 750Ml and $30 for a 1.5ML for Corkage.

My question is:  Do I need to bring this wine with me as a carry-on, so they can record how many bottles I have and charge my Account, or can I keep the bottles in a box, and have them put on the ship with the rest of my Luggage?  Not sure how they would count them to charge me this way...

I really want to avoid having to carry 6 bottles of wine around the ship prior to going to my room.

Anyone have any insight on this?

TIA

You could take it (in your suitcase - or however you were planning) right up to the point of handing your luggage over then seperate it - there is usually a corkage station in the check in room before you board - you wont need to carry it to your room - if its a full case they can do that for you

Edited by ighten

3 hours ago, SpongeAlan said:

I was hoping I can get some clarity about the Wine policy.  I was going to bring several bottles on board.  I am completely aware that I will pay $15 for a 750Ml and $30 for a 1.5ML for Corkage.

My question is:  Do I need to bring this wine with me as a carry-on, so they can record how many bottles I have and charge my Account, or can I keep the bottles in a box, and have them put on the ship with the rest of my Luggage?  Not sure how they would count them to charge me this way...

I really want to avoid having to carry 6 bottles of wine around the ship prior to going to my room.

Anyone have any insight on this?

TIA

It has to be in your carry on.

2 hours ago, cantwaittogoagain said:

Follow up wine question - we are doing a med cruise. If I buy wine in port, is there an option to pay the corkage fee and enjoy the wine on board? 

No, can only do that at embarkation.

Purchases in port are held and returned the last night before disembarkation

https://www.ncl.com/faq/liquor-beverage-policy

Edited by esm54687

32 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

No, can only do that at embarkation.

Purchases in port are held and returned the last night before disembarkation

https://www.ncl.com/faq/liquor-beverage-policy

Whilst this is the official policy, it seems to be largely ignored (in the Med anyway).

ive never done it myself, but have heard many reports of people being able to pay corkage at ports of call in the Med.

Of course there is no guarantee, so I would be cautious about doing this if it would then be a problem if you have to check it until the end of the cruise (ie flying straight away after the cruise), but it is likely to be ok.