Booking alternative restaurants, not Veranda, whilst in Cruise Terminal

fizzy1

Hi there, we have booked the Veranda for our upcoming TA b to b in Aug on QM2.We know we are unable to prebook the other popup venues before cruise but has anyone booked these with a rep whilst waiting to board  in the terminal ? We have done this with Celebrity so   managed to get all the times and dates we wanted before  others boarded and then waited to book  

Edited by fizzy1

30 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

I haven't seen any offering of this but I also predict you'd have no trouble booking a table after boarding. We generally book a day or two ahead without difficulty.

Thanks for info xxxx

5 hours ago, fizzy1 said:

We have done this with Celebrity so   managed to get all the times and dates we wanted before  others boarded and then waited to book  

Well, the Celebrity website gets complaints (it CAN be slow and tempramental) but those who complain have clearly never tried to do or find much of anything on Cunard's.

Just call on board. I called this afternoon to get a res for 8 PM tonight (day 4 of a 7 day cruise). No problem

Edited by MarkBearSF
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, fizzy1 said:

Hi there, we have booked the Veranda for our upcoming TA b to b in Aug on QM2.We know we are unable to prebook the other popup venues before cruise but has anyone booked these with a rep whilst waiting to board  in the terminal ? We have done this with Celebrity so   managed to get all the times and dates we wanted before  others boarded and then waited to book  

No, this concept ( booking in the cruise terminal)  is not available on Cunard. The Lido/Kings Court alternative evening  menu can be subject to change. These themed evening meals are often on a three day cycle, however, if the uptake for bookings  (during a cruise/voyage)  are low, then the alternative menu could change each day.

You will find details in your Daily programme ( back page)  As other posters have commented, there is no need to book 'Well Ahead'  unless you wish to celebration a special occasion.   Having said that, my experience has been, the 'Coriander' (traditional Indian cuisine) is very popular.

Here's a tip,  On embarkation day speak with Lido/KC  Maitre'D ( not the restaurant MD) occasionally they will provide you with a print out of the suggested dates of the themed menu.  

2 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

No, this concept ( booking in the cruise terminal)  is not available on Cunard. The Lido/Kings Court alternative evening  menu can be subject to change. These themed evening meals are often on a three day cycle, however, if the uptake for bookings  (during a cruise/voyage)  are low, then the alternative menu could change each day.

You will find details in your Daily programme ( back page)  As other posters have commented, there is no need to book 'Well Ahead'  unless you wish to celebration a special occasion.   Having said that, my experience has been, the 'Coriander' (traditional Indian cuisine) is very popular.

Here's a tip,  On embarkation day speak with Lido/KC  Maitre'D ( not the restaurant MD) occasionally they will provide you with a print out of the suggested dates of the themed menu.  

Ah excellent. Thank you . We would like to take advantage of the slight discount on embarkation eve so will try and do that when we board 

3 minutes ago, fizzy1 said:

Ah excellent. Thank you . We would like to take advantage of the slight discount on embarkation eve so will try and do that when we board 

Occasionally, we have had a list of which pop ups are which night awaiting us in our cabin. This hasn't happened often, and I'm not sure which ship.

During the daytime, there is a specialty restaurant reservation desk in one the cross hallways in the Kings Court where you can not only make reservation, but also look at each of the menus for all of the specialties.

On QM2 there are electronic displays (on 7 between Kings Court and the Carinthia Lounge and on 2 just aft of the Grand Lobby) that rotate through several screens, one of which is the alternative restaurant schedule for that voyage. I haven't seen it change once posted.

The Britannia lunch and dinner menus for the day are available each morning near the maitre 'd station. If you ask they will also print a copy of the next evening's dinner menu at dinner time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Underwatr said:

On QM2 there are electronic displays (on 7 between Kings Court and the Carinthia Lounge and on 2 just aft of the Grand Lobby) that rotate through several screens, one of which is the alternative restaurant schedule for that voyage. I haven't seen it change once posted.

The Britannia lunch and dinner menus for the day are available each morning near the maitre 'd station. If you ask they will also print a copy of the next evening's dinner menu at dinner time.

Excellent . Thank you . Similar thing on   Celebrity too 

2 hours ago, Underwatr said:

Thank you so much for all the info xx

We haven't been very lucky on our last couple of voyages being that Coriander was not offered. QM2 tends to do the selection of meals 3 days in a row and they haven't included Coriander. I asked one of the managers of King's Court who gave us the day that Indian Food was offered in the buffet, and we ate there on that day, but it seems that a schedule is followed for the pop-up meals in the evening. Hint for anyone from Cunard reading this 1 September for 1 week, any night is good for us. 

• Haha 1

...or what happens is that the one you really want is on the first two or three nights, and when you begin to think about alternative restaurants later in the week what's on the schedule are your least favorite choices.

Find the schedule early on and make your plans.

Edited by Underwatr
  • Like 1