Canadian - Ordering Luggage Tags

mosleyman

Thank you for posting this...  I have also been struggling with this myself tonight. I have tried both a Mac and a PC and neither works. It won't even let me choose a country (Canada nor US) before I pick the province. I was going to try calling Celebrity tomorrow but I am glad to know it is not just me having issues 😌

I am a Canadian and I was able to order luggage tags from Celebrity and they were promptly delivered to my home in Canada.

The good news is: It’s doable.

The bad news is: I also remember struggling when I did it, but I don’t remember the specific issue. I believe it had to do with selecting the country, but I am not sure.

Sorry not to be able to help more!  Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

I have done this many times without issue. Actually just got mine last week for my July sailing.

So to see if I could do this now I just tried it and I could replicate the issue you are having IF I select the 'Mail my luggage tags' from the main screen on my booking.  However if you try the following I think it should work for you.  Don't ask why, just be happy if/when it works LOL.

Select 'Manage Reservation' from main reservation window.

Select 'Before You Board' tab (furthest right nearer top)

Select 'Luggage Tags' on left hand side

Scroll to bottom of all the jargon and select 'Mail Me Luggage Tags' from there.

Good luck.  Nothing funner than getting luggage tags in the mail!!!!! 

Edited by poffles

Got our tags successfully from X. If I recall there was an option to do so from Manage Reservation. It was in the same area where you could print your cruise documents. This option disappeared a few weeks before sail date.

6 hours ago, poffles said:

I have done this many times without issue. Actually just got mine last week for my July sailing.

So to see if I could do this now I just tried it and I could replicate the issue you are having IF I select the 'Mail my luggage tags' from the main screen on my booking.  However if you try the following I think it should work for you.  Don't ask why, just be happy if/when it works LOL.

Scroll to bottom of all the jargon and select 'Mail Me Luggage Tags' from there.

Thank you Poffles!!! This path seems to have worked. Well, at least I was able to enter all of my info... time will tell if the tags actually show up 😃 Thank you for taking the time to help - cheers!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, homeofthehound said:

Thank you Poffles!!! This path seems to have worked. Well, at least I was able to enter all of my info... time will tell if the tags actually show up 😃 Thank you for taking the time to help - cheers!

10 hours ago, mosleyman said:

Poffles and others....Thank you very much.  This worked.  Another reason why the Celebrity website sucks.

Welcome, glad I could help.  Oh and homeofthehound, if you were able to enter your information I would bet money that you will actually get them.  I have received them for all 5 of my Celebrity cruises!

On 7/4/2019 at 9:51 AM, poffles said:

You're a genius.  This worked. Thank you!

On 7/5/2019 at 3:07 PM, seagunthera said:

You're a genius.  This worked. Thank you!

Thanks hahahah .... I need to show this to my peeps so they see that I am one smart cookie 🙂

Glad I could help, the Celebrity site can be a challenge so when we can help each other out it's all good.

Enjoy your cruise everyone!

21 hours ago, Gilgorm said:

How far in advance can you order luggage tags? My cruise is early February 2020.

Thanks,

D.

I'm not sure of an exact time frame but for me it's been around 8 weeks or so before.  I typically start looking couple months before my cruise and watch for it to appear.

Generally it's 49 days before sailing.  I stumbled through these same problems yesterday.  I swear they never test their software.  Even when I hit submit I had to hit it a second time then the page just went away without any confirmation.  I'm assuming it went well as I now don't have a link on the main page for ordering luggage tags.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/4/2019 at 12:51 PM, poffles said:

Thank you so much for posting this.  I struggle every time I order my luggage tags to remember the best way to go about it.  Saving for future use.  🙂

23 hours ago, tjc73 said:

I’m in Canada and didn’t have any trouble ordering my luggage tags, but ordered them 3 weeks ago and they still haven’t arrived. Hope they arrive soon! I depart in 3 weeks!

@tjc73 I would re-order.  I've always received them fairly quickly after ordering....I dont believe it's ever taken 3 weeks....

Edited by Shadow9612
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, cs2thecox said:

UK passenger for European cruise... all my account stuff and online check-in says they don't send out luggage tags any more.

My eDoc has one to print out as many times as we need, and that's it.

Probably more economical?

There is no need to waste your time ordering or printing luggage tags in advance  (unless that is something you just enjoy doing).

The porters will tag your bags when you check them in -- quick and easy.  It takes them only a few seconds to tag each bag and place it on a cart.

They tag them much more quickly and efficiently than we can do it ourselves.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2019 at 7:45 PM, Gilgorm said:

How far in advance can you order luggage tags? My cruise is early February 2020.

Thanks,

D.

On 7/8/2019 at 5:43 PM, poffles said:

I'm not sure of an exact time frame but for me it's been around 8 weeks or so before.  I typically start looking couple months before my cruise and watch for it to appear.

On 7/8/2019 at 6:02 PM, bkbarrym said:

Should be able to request your luggage tags once your cruise documents (booklet) is available online.

On 7/8/2019 at 6:42 PM, wrk2cruise said:

Generally it's 49 days before sailing.  I stumbled through these same problems yesterday.  I swear they never test their software.  Even when I hit submit I had to hit it a second time then the page just went away without any confirmation.  I'm assuming it went well as I now don't have a link on the main page for ordering luggage tags.

They recently change : at my booking, we are at the 49 days and now I have this message:

At Celebrity, we make your embarkation experience even more enjoyable by tending to the details ahead of time. This includes providing qualified guests with your personalized ship luggage tags weeks before your cruise. When you receive your eDocs, approximately 3 to 4 weeks before your departure, they will contain a page with Luggage Tags that you can print. Print as many as you need.

40 minutes ago, arielle71 said:

We received our tags last friday, it took exactly 8 days to receive them here in Quebec.

Good to know. We are in  Alberta and ordered 21 days ago - 15 biz days and nothing. So I have re ordered. Also being sent to two addresses and neither of us have received. I know I can print them off, but paper bag tags seem a bit dodgy. I would expect them to get ripped off pretty easily. 

18 minutes ago, tjc73 said:

Good to know. We are in  Alberta and ordered 21 days ago - 15 biz days and nothing. So I have re ordered. Also being sent to two addresses and neither of us have received. I know I can print them off, but paper bag tags seem a bit dodgy. I would expect them to get ripped off pretty easily. 

Ours have taken some time to come also.  If you have to resort to printing the tags from the cruise docs, ( I agree paper is flimsy) these holders work well.

https://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holder-Seal-Steel/dp/B01E4SQNLS/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=3KFRBXMXY3UD3&keywords=celebrity+cruise+luggage+tag+holders&qid=1564966578&s=gateway&sprefix=luggage+tag+holders+for+celebrity+cruises%2Caps%2C227&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1

When we made paper ones we used clear packing tape on them and they were fine also.

However, I am another one who loves to receive the mailed ones from Celebrity.  It means the cruise is just around the corner...yay!

Edited by TeaBag
  • Like 2